PDA

View Full Version : BBC Children In Need

brokencross
14-Nov-08, 08:35
Every year we hear the phrase "we have raised a record amount".

Do you reckon the credit crunch and all the financial woes of the world that the total will be down this year with folks keeping their money to themselves OR will generosity reign supreme.

bettedaviseyes
14-Nov-08, 13:21
i only give to local charitys as these's kind of charitys are nation wide.

mccaugm
14-Nov-08, 14:20
I give to local charities such as the MFR charity, which I know stays in our area and to national charities such as Children In Need & also to international charities such as Blysthwood. My children have everything they need and a lot more besides, so if I can make another child I have never met happy then it makes me happy too.

telfordstar
14-Nov-08, 14:58
Im the same always give to lacal charitys. I always feel downhearted with the adverts on tv for the cruelty for children and give £2 a month then in small writing on the bottom says something along the lines of dosnt cover scotland so im like ok. Id be shocked if the children in need raise a record amount people just dont have the money.

joxville
14-Nov-08, 19:53
It shouldn't matter whether Children In Need raises a record amount or not, what does matter is the children it's aimed to help. I give to local charities but always donate to Children In Need and Comic Relief too. It may only be a few quid to me but it's a huge difference to a childs welfare, regardless of where they live.

I have to admit though, I look forward to see-ing Fiona Bruce's long legs. [lol]

TBH
14-Nov-08, 20:09
Why cant our governments do more to help these children?

Kodiak
14-Nov-08, 20:54
The Co-op has a trolly in their store for donation's of Toys for the MFR Christmas Appeal. This is a great Charity and I will be putting in that Trolly a couple of Toys and urge all who can to do so as well.

Back on topic ; I think that Children in need this year will do almost as well as last year but will be a little down due to the Credit Crunch.

I know that I personally can not afford to give to Childern in Need and MFR so this year I have decided to donate toys to the MFR Christmas Appeal and keep my gift Local.

2little2late
15-Nov-08, 00:01
Charity begins at home.

Anne x
15-Nov-08, 00:13
Once Again Our Newsreaders have stolen the show what a performance
Mama Mia worth the donation

joxville
15-Nov-08, 00:28
Once Again Our Newsreaders have stolen the show what a performance
Mama Mia worth the donation

Aye, you could be right. Fiona Bruce+long legs+tight trousers=cold shower. [lol]

alanatkie
15-Nov-08, 00:38
Well we give every year as kids always do something in school - Kids no matter where they are deserve our help - a couple o pound from us each 1 is a wee bit too help - just my opinion. :Razz

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Nov-08, 08:03
Is Wogan still earning 10K for this?

Kodiak
15-Nov-08, 13:14
I do Not know if Wogan gets paid for Children in Need or Not.

I will say one thing though, he is just another Old Duffer who does not know when to Retire.

As far as I was concerned he ruined the whole programme and it is about time the Producers of this event got someone who at least does not slurr his words due to Old Age when he speaks.

Watching an old man make a fool of himself is not my idea of entertainment.

joxville
15-Nov-08, 13:21
I do Not know if Wogan gets paid for Children in Need or Not.

I will say one thing though, he is just another Old Duffer who does not know when to Retire.

As far as I was concerned he ruined the whole programme and it is about time the Producers of this event got someone who at least does not slurr his words due to Old Age when he speaks.

Watching an old man make a fool of himself is not my idea of entertainment.

As far as I'm aware he donates his fee to the charity. That aside, I quite like old Terry, he's not afraid to make fun of himself, and I think you'll find it isn't old age that makes him slurr his words! :D

mccaugm
15-Nov-08, 18:51
Well just to stir things up, El Tel stated throughout the evening that CIN would not raise as much as the previous year. Well by the time they were an hour before the end of the show they had raised nearly 20 million (which was more than the total last year) and by close of play they had raised £20,991,216.:D

Well done to everyone who gave their time and money to this worthy cause.

Did anyone see the Bill and Gok Wan/Coronation St sequences.....absolutely priceless!!!:lol: