PDA

View Full Version : A good kids thread!

hotrod4
14-Nov-08, 07:17
Theres alot of sad deep "kid" threads on at the moment so lets have a happy one!!:D
What funny things have your kids said that either made you laugh or embaressed you?

My youngest aged 5 has now decided that he knows all the big words and he'll use them.
Told him i was going to wash my hair and he told me I could use his Spiderman shampoo. said thanks to him and asked him why? He told me it was because it was "protective". Protective? I asked him, yes dad spiderman will protect your hair if you use it!!! genius [lol]

honey
14-Nov-08, 09:11
good idea for a thread.

my 2 year old was looking at and Asda book the other day and was on the ipod pages. He started stroking the page saying "oh please!" over and over

so, he either wants an ipod, or has been watching his big cousin go through the argos book for her xmas pressies!! :lol:

Angela
14-Nov-08, 09:19
My granddaughter, aged 2, was overheard confiding to her feline companion the other day -'Cat! Cat! I did a poo!' :lol:

I don't think he was too impressed, even though she had done it in the right place! ;)

brokencross
14-Nov-08, 09:30
We were getting into a small crowded lift.

I picked up my young toddler and we managed to squeeze in.

As the lift doors slid shut behind us she piped up "Daddy..Why are they shutting us in this small room?"

Everyone in the lift erupted with laughter.

kitty
14-Nov-08, 11:28
We got up early one day to get ready for a wedding, i was going to get my hair done for the wedding so a friend said she'd take my son and give him breakfast and get him ready. When we were sitting down at the dinner listening to the speeches he starts eating all the rolls and a lady at the table asked "Does your mum not feed you?" and my son replied "No, denise (the woman who'd given him breakfast) does."

I was just glad i knew the woman that had asked. :D

squidge
14-Nov-08, 12:26
My son said to me the other day " mum I'm not trying to offend you but you know how my friends parents have more money than us and a bigger house and fancy cars and a MASSIVE TV?" "yes" I said - wondering where this was going. " well I think we have the happier home" I smiled and said " Are you happy?" and he smiled back and said "I'm very happy - my life is GREAT and we have loads of fun" I gave him a huge hug - not bad for a kid whose parents are divorced and lives with a step parent and....( this is the most shocking bit!!!!) he is a teenager!!!!

honey
14-Nov-08, 12:35
thats must have made you feel proud squidge....

my eldest son wrote his letter to santa.. he is asking for a laptop, but knows about stocking fillers

so he asked for a "laptop and 1 or 2 small present, if not a surprise please"

i know a laptop is a BIG ask, but i was chuffed to see he didnt write what looked like the index page of the argos book!!

Dorrie
14-Nov-08, 14:43
My son said to me the other day " mum I'm not trying to offend you but you know how my friends parents have more money than us and a bigger house and fancy cars and a MASSIVE TV?" "yes" I said - wondering where this was going. " well I think we have the happier home" I smiled and said " Are you happy?" and he smiled back and said "I'm very happy - my life is GREAT and we have loads of fun" I gave him a huge hug - not bad for a kid whose parents are divorced and lives with a step parent and....( this is the most shocking bit!!!!) he is a teenager!!!!

Fantastic! Good job Mum, you can't ask for higher praise than that. :)

My Grandson who was 10 at the time had been clearing out the old Gang Hut (as it was known by our kids when they were small) of ivy which had been growing for many years. If the walls and roof were taken down there would have been a perfect oblong block of ivy left! Anyway, he had been clearing it out, came in to me in the kitchen and when asked how he was getting on replied "Great Grandma, I have most of it out, but do you have a chainsaw that I can use for the thick bits"! :lol:

hotrod4
16-Nov-08, 10:58
My eldest had a "sarah Palin" moment when he thought Asia was a country!!!:lol:

kitty kat
16-Nov-08, 16:11
not so much the child its the oh thats has a way with words while reading last nights listings the tesco chainsaw massacre was on ( i missed that one) and a classic was shat farp - pat sharp