PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone know How To Make??

kitty
13-Nov-08, 19:51
Raspberry Fool??

I've got a vague recipe for it but no amounts for the ingredients. It's got custard and obviously raspberrys and i think jelly in it to make it set and you serve it with cream poured over it. I remember how good it was but its been years since i've made it and can't remember what to do.

Anybody got any ideas? Or does anyone have any nice simple ideas as to what to make for christmas day pudding. Something that can be made in advance :D

alanatkie
13-Nov-08, 22:26
Ingredients:
450g fresh raspberries
25g caster sugar
150mls Greek yoghurt
150mls double cream, whipped lightly

Method:
Puree rasps with caster sugar. Press through sieve to remove pips.
Fold yoghurt into cream then fold in most of puree.
Spoon into glasses, drizzle with remaining puree.
Chill & serve with shortbread thins.
Serves 4.

Got from HERE (http://www.scottishfoodguide.com/Recipe.aspx?id=27)

kitty
13-Nov-08, 22:32
Thank you. I'll give it a try :D, Sounds nice though

Julia
13-Nov-08, 23:15
Here is an even simpler version... but probably more calories!

Ingredients

18 ounces raspberries (about 4 1/2 cups; see Notes)
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur (optional)
1 pint whipping cream

Preparation

1. Mash 12 oz. raspberries, 2 tbsp. sugar, and the liqueur, if using. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whip cream with remaining sugar using a mixer or whisk until firm peaks form. With a spatula, fold in raspberry-liqueur mixture. Divide fool among glasses or bowls and top with remaining fresh raspberries. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 hours.

hotrod4
23-Nov-08, 12:18
Raspberry Fool??

I've got a vague recipe for it but no amounts for the ingredients. It's got custard and obviously raspberrys and i think jelly in it to make it set and you serve it with cream poured over it. I remember how good it was but its been years since i've made it and can't remember what to do.

Anybody got any ideas? Or does anyone have any nice simple ideas as to what to make for christmas day pudding. Something that can be made in advance :D
Just get some raspberries fool!!!![lol]

budge999
24-Nov-08, 11:03
hi there raspberry fool is nice.. half custard half cream sugar maybe some vanilla essence and either make a coulis and fold some of that in to geta ripple effect and the put some raspberrys on top nice if served in whisky glasses

also cranchan is a nice simple traditional pudding it can be made a day in advance cheers pm me if u need any more help?....

anneoctober
24-Nov-08, 15:43
Don't be a gooseberry Hottie !![lol]

kitty kat
01-Dec-08, 17:12
if you make some i wanna try a ickle bit :D

sod the pud just av a drink [lol]

Boss
01-Dec-08, 23:47

Wit becomes thee, ex army cook.

Simple superb, cream / whipped.
Raspberries, fresh preferred, sweeten to taste.

Batter the cream into submission, fold in the raspberries, sweeten to taste and chill before serving, in dinky wee individual dishes or a free for all large dish.

Christmas? Hmm

htwood
02-Dec-08, 00:17
please let me know when the free for all large dish is ready, and address too lol I'll wear a pink frock so can spill all I want.

anneoctober
09-Dec-08, 14:37
please let me know when the free for all large dish is ready, and address too lol I'll wear a pink frock so can spill all I want.
slurp ! aaahhhhhh ! yum yum ! Oops sorry Helen, um e dish is empty....:o :D