PDA

View Full Version : 17 month old dead

kitty kat
13-Nov-08, 11:43
please sign the petition to have the social workers and all the other put in charge of caring for this poor soul struck off if you feel this is unfair please leave a comment and be nice please

but if you feel after hearing the news they should be struck off sign this petition
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1925012.ece this page will also tell you a bit about the story

god rest his soul

AfternoonDelight
13-Nov-08, 11:51
There is already a thread on this... I think it's too distressig to have to read about it twice... :(

kitty kat
13-Nov-08, 11:56
sorry i just found it please sign the petition

AfternoonDelight
13-Nov-08, 12:02
Thanks kitty kat...

starry
13-Nov-08, 12:03
I wouldn't sign that petition I would however sign one that put pressure on the Government to address the workloads and training of social workers.
There are so many things that went wrong here but sacking people won't stop it happening again.

Child protection needs completely reviewed, it needs to have consistant guidelines that are the same in evey LA and most importantly it needs to be properly funded.

AfternoonDelight
13-Nov-08, 12:09
If it were any other job where something went so badly wrong then sacking most certainly would be an option. These people are employed to prevent things like this happening and protect innocent children - they didn't do that.

What sort of message does it send out if they keep their jobs? A chilid DIED for God's sake, a horrific death at that! They didn't do their jobs properly so they shouldn't be allowed to continue... [disgust]

Actually - if they had any sense of decency they should resign and give the child a bit of dignity, if that's possible.

kitty kat
13-Nov-08, 12:15
this is the same child protection authority that failed to help Victoria Climbie in 2000 she died of hypothermia, she was sent to this country so her aunty could look after her and send her to school. her aunty thought the child was possesed by the devil, they also failed this child.

starry
13-Nov-08, 12:25
I am not for one minute saying that mistakes weren't made, it is clear they were.
But I think it would be more helpful to look at why, social workers in this area regularly have 70 ongoing cases. Even if they worked ten hours a day, every day of the week they would only have an hour a week to deal with each case, including paperwork, travelling time etc. The working conditions social workers are under are just horrific.
This child was also let down terribly by police and medical staff.

Yes stand up and scream that we don't want to live in a society where mistakes like this are made, where people are so tied up in red tape, guidelines and policies along with being too overworked to think straight.

I would be looking for people much higher up to be sacked.

kitty kat
13-Nov-08, 12:33
this is not just social workers but the doctor who see the child 2 days before its all the workers sending us in a spin its her its her well no more of it they will all be sacked for their part its a total of 6 people.

and yes they are over worked but 60 times is to much 1 or 2 visits is to much but forgivable but im sorry 60 times is to much the authority put in charge of looking after children should have noticed.

if they had only held the child they would have seen he was in pain. i was crying when i saw fake doll on this morning. what sort of world we live in

starry
13-Nov-08, 12:46
But sacking people will not stop this happening again, I understand how angry and disgusted people feel, I feel just the same anger and disgust.

What I am saying is direct this higher, to the people right at the top and are responsible for the training, workloads and funding for these agencies.

IMO sacking people just means that their jobs will be filled by others who in a few years are going to be so worn down that they too will be making the same mistakes.

And we will just be in the same boat.

A record number of children was murdered in Britain last year. New Home Office figures show a total of 143 children and teenagers were unlawfully killed, a rise of more than 40 per cent on the previous 12 months.

A record number of children was murdered in Britain last year. New Home Office figures show a total of 143 children and teenagers were unlawfully killed, a rise of more than 40 per cent on the previous 12 months.
Children's charities last night described the level of homicides as a "national scandal". The Home Office admitted they were of "great concern". The NSPCC accused the Government of failing to implement measures to reduce the rate of child killings, which have been rising since records were first kept in the 1970s and are now thought to be the highest in Europe

The new figures were revealed in an answer to a parliamentary question by Bob Russell, the Liberal Democrat MP for Colchester. Mr Russell said: "This rise is cause for grave concern. It seems to me – as a consequence of a decline in the social services budget – more children at risk will suffer injury and death."
The rise in babies' unlawful deaths may in part be related to a steady decline in number of health visitors. Jackie Carnell, director of the health visitors association, said there was a 40 per cent staff vacancy rate in some of the most deprived areas of London. She said financial pressures had led to a huge reduction in home visits. "Health visiting is a long-term investment," she said. "They prevent things going wrong early on. But it's also an easy service to chip away at."

This sadly was from January 2002. Yet here were are again asking why.

kitty kat
13-Nov-08, 12:59
it is sad to say this will happen again but it will!!

i feel these people should be sacked they did not do there job if they had held the baby they would have known of his injuries

they did not do there job they did not protect this child

it is a harsh world we live in and yes they are over worked they miss things but if i didnt do my job i would be sacked

this should not just dissappear i do believe the heads of authority need to sort some thing out to lighten the work load i do feel for these people im not a monster but if i let a child down like they have a would resign

Ash
13-Nov-08, 13:15
cant this be merged with the other thread and title changed i really dont like seeing this title

kitty kat
13-Nov-08, 13:22
this was started before i see the other post this is about signing a petition for the youngster it was not ment to be an dispute