PDA

View Full Version : Do dryer balls really work?

Julia
13-Nov-08, 00:44
I've often wondered this and now that the weather has turned I'm wondering if they are worth it, apparently they cut drying time and fluff things up :confused

http://www.dryerballs.co.uk/

Gizmo
13-Nov-08, 01:03
I have wondered that as well.

And i have to say your thread title gave me a damn good laugh, it sent my twisted sense of humour into overdrive :lol:

ciderally
13-Nov-08, 01:31
yea like to know if they work as well....anyone have dryer balls?

carasmam
13-Nov-08, 01:39

And i have to say your thread title gave me a damn good laugh, it sent my twisted sense of humour into overdrive :lol:

:lol: Glad it wasn't just me laughing. Sorry Julia, I have no idea either !

Margaret M.
13-Nov-08, 02:16
It's blue balls on this side of the ocean -- they do work. :)

Kevin Milkins
13-Nov-08, 02:24

Mine are fine since wearing platform shoes:roll:

Metalattakk
13-Nov-08, 02:32

The wife has a pair. I always remove them as they make a right clattering noise. I don't believe they work either.

wifie
13-Nov-08, 02:49
Do the platforms keep you out of the water when on the beach? ;)

Gizmo
13-Nov-08, 03:02

I know they drop a bit with age....but geez oh Kevin :lol:

Kevin Milkins
13-Nov-08, 03:24
I know they drop a bit with age....but geez oh Kevin :lol:

I haven't been very well:eek::lol:

This thread is going down hill fast.

htwood
13-Nov-08, 03:59
Yes they really work, dries quicker and towels are fluffy. They do make a clattering noise at first, but it stops in a few minutes, as the wet clothes get balanced with the balls.

Aaldtimer
13-Nov-08, 05:01
The wetter the better in my experience!:Razz

Betty
13-Nov-08, 05:28
Yes, in my opinion they do work. I have used them for over a year and don't buy any fabric softener.

Thumper
13-Nov-08, 09:54
They do help as they separate the clothes so air can get inbetween things and dry them more quickly.Also if you want to save some cash buy enviro wash balls,I did and I wasnt convinced they would work,but my son has so many allergies to washing powders/liquids and softeners that I bought them in desperation and was amazed at how good they are!Saving myself a fortune with them as well x

Alice in Blunderland
13-Nov-08, 11:11

And i have to say your thread title gave me a damn good laugh, it sent my twisted sense of humour into overdrive

I have to admit I nearly spat the tea all over the keyboard when I read the title of this thread and with a laugh thought this is a question for hubby to answer as I dont have any :eek: :lol:

I then read the whole thread and gave my mucky mind a row ;)

Fluff
13-Nov-08, 12:17
I always imagine they just get caught up with damp sheets etc.. Do they move around?
*No dirty comments pls!*

joxville
13-Nov-08, 22:15
I have dryer balls. Can someone please come and help me get out of the machine. [lol]

Gizmo
13-Nov-08, 22:47
I have dryer balls. Can someone please come and help me get out of the machine. [lol]

Did they clatter about as much as people have said they do?

Julia
13-Nov-08, 23:02
Bit of a mixed response here, I've gone ahead and purchased a pair of balls. I'll let you guys know if they make any difference.

Whitewater
13-Nov-08, 23:22
Bit of a mixed response here, I've gone ahead and purchased a pair of balls. I'll let you guys know if they make any difference.

I was born with mine.

purplelady
13-Nov-08, 23:52
i have some and have had them for a couple of yrs and think they are great they do make a nosie for few mins but not long

sweetpea
14-Nov-08, 00:04
Never tried them but have heard about them.

loobyloo
14-Nov-08, 01:09
They're bloody noisy but they do cut the drying time!

poppett
14-Nov-08, 14:37
Used them recently whilst house-sitting. Thank goodness the drier was in the garage as the noise could be heard the whole drying time. Don`t know if they shortened the drying time as it was a different model from mine, which dries the wettest of things in about half an hour.

hotrod4
14-Nov-08, 19:26
You left yourself wide open with that one![lol]

Kodiak
14-Nov-08, 21:35
Even if they do work as a softener the question I have is do they Cut down on the Static Electricity as that is the main reason we use a Fabric Softener.

I await your answers with baited breath.:lol:

TBH
14-Nov-08, 21:38
They always get a good sprinkling with talc powder after I wash them which keeps them in good nick for their next usage.

loobyloo
14-Nov-08, 22:03
Even if they do work as a softener the question I have is do they Cut down on the Static Electricity as that is the main reason we use a Fabric Softener.

I await your answers with baited breath.:lol:

Bait your breath no more...........

Yes, they do make the clothes soft.

You can sleep soundly tonight now ha ha :)

TBH
14-Nov-08, 22:12

I await your answers with baited breath.:lol:Get some anti static strips, the ones you see on cars and attach them to your dryer balls. Should stop you getting zapped.

Alice in Blunderland
15-Nov-08, 20:49
Get some anti static strips, the ones you see on cars and attach them to your dryer balls. Should stop you getting zapped.

Have I read this right is it the balls that are full of static and zap your hands each time you touch them.....:eek: :confused or the clothes. :cool:

Tilter
15-Nov-08, 20:58
Can anyone tell me why I'm howling with laughing, tears streaming down face, about the straight informative posts in this thread as much as all the other posts in it?

Long may it last. (BTW I am sans Dryer Balls but OH has looked at them in Tescos and is almost tempted . . . )

hotrod4
16-Nov-08, 09:17
Dryer balls are a must in our house. The wife said as much the other day. She does say though that with age they seem to become smaller and have a different shape to newer ones, but I wouldnt know as I am a man and dont know how to work the wifes appliances![lol]