PDA

View Full Version : 8 year old shoots father and friend....

ciderally
13-Nov-08, 00:24
this was on fox news this morning....something just not right here...dont know what to think...they has this child in handcuffs and leg chains...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,449906,00.html

anneoctober
13-Nov-08, 00:48
Have been following this through BBC site. Seems this bairn has n't had any access to a "suitable" adult or legal representation. Why did this father teach his 8 year old son how to shoot? It's not enough to say that they belong to a family of "hunters" .

ciderally
13-Nov-08, 01:29
they say they dont think that there was any signs of the bairn having been abused...but im shocked that the powers that be are abusing him with handcuffs and leg chains...i mean they use these to restrain out of control prisoners...but an 8 year old...my god who are these people?

Aaldtimer
13-Nov-08, 04:59
this was on fox news this morning....something just not right here...dont know what to think...they has this child in handcuffs and leg chains...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,449906,00.html

Just where exactly in this report is there any mention of leg chains?
This is a typical example of exagerration of the facts.
Ok, handcuffs are a bit over the top for an 8 year old, but I dare say..."It's in the regulations"
Sad, sad case...but who in their right minds thinks it's appropriate to teach an 8 year old to fire a rifle?[evil]

mccaugm
13-Nov-08, 10:42
What I think we must ask ourselves is why would an 8 year old choose to do this. He must have been under some form of stress, be that abuse or whatever. I do not feel the incarceration of a boy who was clearly suffering in some way is appropriate.

kitty kat
13-Nov-08, 11:27
i would never have a gun in my house let alone have my daughter knowing how to use it (she is dangerous with a water pistol). but joking aside i have met as im sure many other people on here have met eight year olds and it would never in there wildest cowboys and indian dreams cross there mind to pick up a gun, let alone aim it at someone you love there is more to this story than meets the eye.

there is a very thick line between wishing some one dead and pulling the trigger because at 8 he would have known they would die.