PDA

View Full Version : outlook express help

hez4
23-Jan-06, 19:54
Hi everyone.
I'm looking for some help with recieving and sending e-mails using outlook express. When i tried to do this a few days ago, I kept getting asked for my password over and over, although it gets rejected continuously. I'm sure its something really simple, and I seem very stupid, but I'm very bad with any technical like this!! Any advice would be great!!:grin:

Royster1911
23-Jan-06, 21:19
I think this will be your pop3 password which is issued to you by your e-mail host

Zambo
23-Jan-06, 21:53
Check the account properties in OE.

In OE, click on tools, then accounts. Highlight the account you are having probs with, then click on properties. Click on the servers tab, delete the password, then retype it. Click on apply, then OK. Close OE, then try again.

If it still happens, try removing the account in OE, then add it back in again.

Violetsky
23-Jan-06, 23:13
I had a similar problem with my Outlook Express twice - both times it turned out it was an update that had been received for my AV (MacAfee - now I use AVG)
I uninstalled the AV and then reinstalled and my mail worked fine

Whitewater
23-Jan-06, 23:20
I have had password problems, but they were solved by ticking the "Remember me" box. Try that. it may work

hez4
24-Jan-06, 16:55
Well, I removed my account and then added it again. I can now send e-mail, but still can't recieve any, so I guess I'm half way there!! Thanks everyone for your help!!:lol:

Bobinovich
24-Jan-06, 17:58
Try going to your ISP's website and seeing if you can login to webmail from there. If so then it's most likely an Outlook Express problem - what's the error message, if not then there may be a problem with the ISP's mail server.

badger
24-Jan-06, 20:25
Might be worth checking - go to Tools, Accounts, Mail tab, select the one you're using, select Properties, General tab and then make sure there is a tick beside:

Include this account when receiving mail or synchronising

Zambo
24-Jan-06, 21:12
If you can send e-mail, but can't receive, there is a chance that you have the wrong info for the incoming mail server.

In OE, click on tools, accounts - highlight the account, click on properties, click on servers tab and make sure the incoming and outgoing mail server addresses are correct. Then try to send yourself a test message.