PDA

View Full Version : loose dog in car.

cuddlepop
11-Nov-08, 19:27
On the 30th of October I lost a friend.:~(

Tragically she was killed in a road trafic accident.No one will ever know what the exact cause was but it resulted in her going head on into an HGV.Her dog who was loose in the car had to be put down at the scene.
The lorry driver ended up off the road and down the embankment.Thankfully he managed to escape uninjured but I'm sure he's distraught.

Its purely speculation that the dog distracted her and she didnt see the lorry as she came round the corner.There had also been a heavy shower moments before.

The end result is that there's a 3 year old thats been left without a mother.:~(

Please stop and think before you drive around in your car with a dog thats unrestrained.

honey
11-Nov-08, 19:30
im so sorry to hear this cuddlepop, my thoughts are with her family and friends.

its definately something people should think twice about as well.

binbob
11-Nov-08, 19:41
cuddlepop,i am so sorry to hear this terrible news.
poor wee child..without mummy.
as for loose dogs in cars...i always put mine into cages or in a dog seat belt.
it is much safer...it is a very hard way to learn...god bless the lady.
the wee dog is now running at the rainbow bridge,i am quite sure.
sincere condolences to u and the family.

cuddlepop
11-Nov-08, 19:42
im so sorry to hear this cuddlepop, my thoughts are with her family and friends.

its definately something people should think twice about as well.

Thank you Honey.
Skye will sorely miss this wonderful woman that had a gift for teaching kids to ride,especially special needs ones:~(

Liz
11-Nov-08, 20:29
Oh Cuddlepop I am so very sorry for your loss.:( She sounds like a lovely lady and it so very sad that her wee child has lost a mother. So sad about the dog as well.

An unrestrained dog in a car is a danger to drivers, passengers and the dog itself.

Benjy is always restrained by a harness.

I thought a law was going to be passed which meant that dogs must be restrained whilst in cars but have never heard any more about it.

teenybash
11-Nov-08, 20:40
How very, very sad your friend has gone. Such a kind lady I am sure has filled a very special place in heaven and her beloved dog will be by her side.

Loose dogs in cars?.............better to use a harness or a dog guard..........many lives can be scarred but for one thoughtless moment.

carasmam
11-Nov-08, 22:01
So sorry to hear off your friend, cuddlepop. Thinking of you and her family :(

arana negra
11-Nov-08, 22:33
Here in Spain a dog has to be restrained by harness or in cage and not in front seat. Very sensible rule coming from a country with such bad reputation for animal cruelty.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and a child left without a mother.

cuddlepop
11-Nov-08, 23:30
Here in Spain a dog has to be restrained by harness or in cage and not in front seat. Very sensible rule coming from a country with such bad reputation for animal cruelty.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and a child left without a mother.

Its about time that was made law here too.
Our dogs are alwas in the boot with a dog guard in front.
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

ciderally
12-Nov-08, 04:17
this is such a sad sad post....godbless xxx