PDA

View Full Version : sewing machine repairs?

dragonfly
11-Nov-08, 09:47
does anyone know of someone local who can repair sewing machines?

Mine's has come to a grinding halt in the middle of a bandana order and my hubby who could fix it isn't home for another 10 days!!!

sweetpea
11-Nov-08, 10:19
I put mine into Elizabeth's a while ago and from what I could gather a man comes and takes them away for repair, can't remember how long it took.

dragonfly
11-Nov-08, 10:35
thanks Sweetpea I'll keep that in mind, might be quicker waiting on hubby getting home ;)

sammysalim
12-Nov-08, 11:12
If it would help, depending on how sophisticated a machine you need, I have a Brother machine you can borrow to get you by. Straightforward (relatively basic) domestic machine but it would probably do for most stuff. You can get hold of me on 07970 376668 or 01955 631229 in the evening.

emb123
12-Nov-08, 12:04
just to confirm it's me that can lend the Brother machine if you need. I work for Sam these days and didn't realise the office PC was still logged in as him.

It's an old machine of my mum's but as far as I know it works fine. I also have an old singer electric in the loft which I was given in an unknown state which you can have if it would help.
regards :)
emb

dragonfly
12-Nov-08, 13:13
hi emb123, thats a very kind offer, thank you :D however I can borrow my mum's machine and my husband gets back onshore next week so he'll be able to fix it (I hope)

thanks again