PDA

View Full Version : Another CASE waste?

Bobinovich
23-Jan-06, 16:12
I applaud Ormlie Community Association for the work they've done in that area of Thurso, and congratulate them on their recent award as shown on the cover of last weeks 'Groat.

However was it really necessary that 6 representatives go down to London for 2 nights in a hotel to receive an award valued at £750? and how much tax-payers money was used (in forms of CASE and Highland Council grants) to assist this visit? :confused:

I could understand this extravagance for an award of thousands of pounds, but surely the cost and details of this visit are totally unjustified for such a reward?

Chillie
23-Jan-06, 16:33
Another waste of public money was a recent trip for some workers of PultneyTown Peoples Project to USA all expenses paid for, its a disgrace and what did they achieve by going there [mad]

Loafer
23-Jan-06, 18:16
I applaud Ormlie Community Association for the work they've done in that area of Thurso, and congratulate them on their recent award as shown on the cover of last weeks 'Groat.

However was it really necessary that 6 representatives go down to London for 2 nights in a hotel to receive an award valued at £750? and how much tax-payers money was used (in forms of CASE and Highland Council grants) to assist this visit? :confused:

I could understand this extravagance for an award of thousands of pounds, but surely the cost and details of this visit are totally unjustified for such a reward?

Bobinovich

I was saying the very same to my good lady when I saw the photograph. Don't get me wrong, what the OCA have done up their is fantastic, but we too thought it was a tad OTT.

The Loafer

Countryman
23-Jan-06, 20:36
They are now aiming to make money with a wind farm at Ormlie - no way to close for comfort.
But at Shebster no need to worry about neighbours neithe ormlie nor Pentland Assoiation residents live at Shebster.
Who do they think they are.

lab
23-Jan-06, 20:39
I agree OCA have done some good things here in ormlie, but if you think it a bit of a waste sending 6 people to london the same 6 minus the young girl were in holland in november and had no prize to collect, they were in edinburgh just before xmas.
Two of the people pictured have fancy solar pannels on their roofs, giving them cheap electric all in the name of research, how much did that cost and why was it not offered to oap or disabled, or even someone not on their commitee.
the home zone project is a joke, I agree it all looks very pretty but with the new bypass about to be built ormlie is going to be cut off on all sides by a main road, meaning all these children who are brought up to think it safe to run on the road because they have the right of way, will not know how to cross a road safely, Ask any bus or taxi driver what they think of the road layout and how slippy the cobbles get in winter esspecialy turning into Ironside place which was always bad and now with half the road taken away is much worse.
my dog who is highly trained, and sits at the kerb and waits for me to say cross was run over recently, because they have lowered the kerbs and made crossing places the same colour as the paths if this confuses my dog surely it would be the same with a guide dog or youg child.
The money not wasted on trips has recently been spent on a flagstone arm chair and a bendy wall, wich is lovely but both are sited in a car park!!!! not as you would expect looking over the moors or in the play park but in a car park surrounded by houses, and low and behold any child who happens to sit on this wall as the police are called or the are shouted at by one of the people in the photo.
As a resident of Ormlie i invite you to come and see the improvements but be sure to walk, dont touch the trees and never sit on the flag stone wall and chair.Oh and dont take any young children because the play park beside the center built by the oca is surrouned by a high fence and cctv cameras because the local children are not actually alloud to play in it, after school.