PDA

View Full Version : Chemists in thurso

ellie-lou
10-Nov-08, 15:01
Took my 14 month old son to the docs on friday as he had nappy rash that wasna clearing up,doc prescribed cream that was great went to chemist to be told they didna have any in so went to other 2
chemists only to be told the same thing.sutherlands said they wood order it in for me and it would be there for 11 on sat morn went down then only to be told sorry it didnt come in we will have it in on monday went along earlier and pharmacist on his lunch so told i have to come back at 2 30 absolutely fuming!! think chemists should have their stock up to date.

anyone else had similar problems?

rob1
10-Nov-08, 15:51
There are hundreds if not thousands of different drugs that can be prescribed by a doctor, not to mentions that most of these can be prescribed in different forms (tablet, syrup etc) and in different dose levels. You can not expect a pharmacy to stock every different type of medication in each form at every available dose, it would cost too much and take up far too much space. It is highly likely that this cream is not prescribed that often. What would be a better idea would for GP's to know what products local pharmacies stock, so that if in this case the cream is not available an alternative medication can be prescribed.

Lavenderblue2
10-Nov-08, 16:30
Ellie-lou, I worked in a pharmacy for many years - Rob1 is quite correct and also GP's sometimes prescribe things which are no longer available.

I am quite sure that the pharmacy in question will be doing their very best to obtain the prescribed cream.

poppett
10-Nov-08, 18:16
I use Williamsons all the time and find all the staff to be very helpful. On more than one occasion John has had to seek medication elsewhere or order it in for my OH, but it has always been there the next morning..... without fail. They even managed to point me in the right direction for dressings not on prescription where I could buy them online much cheaper than they could order them in. Once we had them with a list of "ingredients" John sourced similar dressings which were available on prescription and saved us a fortune as the wound dressings were ongoing for almost a year.

Ash
10-Nov-08, 21:02
I use Williamsons all the time and find all the staff to be very helpful. On more than one occasion John has had to seek medication elsewhere or order it in for my OH, but it has always been there the next morning..... without fail. They even managed to point me in the right direction for dressings not on prescription where I could buy them online much cheaper than they could order them in. Once we had them with a list of "ingredients" John sourced similar dressings which were available on prescription and saved us a fortune as the wound dressings were ongoing for almost a year.

i always go there before calling the doctor unless its an emergency... that man is soo helpful

Fly
11-Nov-08, 00:33
Annoying, but Rob1 and Lavenderblue2 are quite correct, also staff are not allowed to hand out prescriptions or sell certain items if pharmacist not on premises and he is entitled to his lunch.