PDA

View Full Version : most depressing day of the year.

katarina
23-Jan-06, 15:37
Experts believe today is officially the most depressing of the year. What do you think?
Me? Well if this is the most depressing day, the others won't be too bad!

Chillie
23-Jan-06, 15:49
With all this terrible,cold ,wet weather we have up here it seems like everyday is downer:~(

lorraine_2406
23-Jan-06, 15:57
The weather here in germany is -11 and it is freezing temperatures like that would make anyone depressed i am depressed everyday until my husband come back from iraq safely

paris
23-Jan-06, 16:02
It depressing for me... been on ebay after a pair of goth new rock boots but every time Someone always beats me to it , so I'm deperessed big time !!

teddybear1873
23-Jan-06, 16:03
Yep deep depression here to..Thunder and lightning all last night, kept me awake it did lol

Chillie
23-Jan-06, 16:07
It depressing for me... been on ebay after a pair of goth new rock boots but every time Someone always beats me to it , so I'm deperessed big time !!

I have a pair of them only thing is that i need to find a zimmer frame to walk in them:grin: :grin: :grin:

paris
23-Jan-06, 17:28
I have a pair of them only thing is that i need to find a zimmer frame to walk in them:grin: :grin: :grin:

Dont surpose there a size 7 and you want to sell them????

lassieinfife
23-Jan-06, 17:32
Definitely not depressed . been chilly but bright all day ......and I'm babysitting my youngest granddaughter .. so no time to be depressed:Razz

spiggie
23-Jan-06, 17:35
lot of rubbish there is no difference between this day and any other day in January, well not to me anyways!

willowbankbear
23-Jan-06, 17:38
Its a beautiful sun set here in Sunny Cold Wick , so ive had much more depressing days than this one, and this is nearly my 100th post, a milestone, not a very important 1 in the world but nevertheless its a milestone:p :p

connieb19
23-Jan-06, 19:09
lot of rubbish there is no difference between this day and any other day in January, well not to me anyways!It is supposed to be true though some ot the reasons are meant to be:
The lenght of time since Christmas.
Mounting Debts to pay.
Misserable weather.
Failed New Years Resolutions.
No Motivation.
Need To Take Action.

I can't say I noticed today any worse than any other day myself though!!:grin:

JAWS
23-Jan-06, 19:24
It depressing for me... been on ebay after a pair of goth new rock boots !!
Goth new rock boots?
I'm beginning to feel like a doddering old Judge, "And who is this "Big Brother" you keep mentioning please? Is he related to you in some way?"

For a poor soul who still mourns the Winkle-Pickers and Drain-Pipe trousers, what are Goth new Rock Boots please?
People tend to scurry away when I take great interest in shoe-shops displaying ladies shoes so I'd rather not have to see for myself.

I assume the Goths you speak of are from the same tribe that sacked Rome in my grand-father's youth.

landmarker
23-Jan-06, 21:03
Not a depressing day at all here, just grey and cold - no change there then.
Work was easy again , though for a few minutes I did have to do osmething manual ! <gasp> I'm so lucky in this regard.

Finished for half-three and a bottle of red shared with Mrs.Landmarker (who HAS had a stressful day at work) Life on Mars on the box tonight and a free hour to sound off/surf on here -bliss !

Lorraine - I hope your husband is back safe and sound a.s.a.p. and never has to go back - good luck.

wilma
23-Jan-06, 21:12
I would not say it was a depressing day i did not have a good start to my day. I woke up late this morning ,i got up tripped over the dog and hit my head on the wardrobe it was sore at the time, i put my dressing gown on and my slippers went to go downstairs and nearly feel down the stairs but luckly i grabbed on to the bannistair, went to have a cup of tea but my husband used all the milk it got better after that.

krieve
23-Jan-06, 21:23
I would not say it was a depressing day i did not have a good start to my day. I woke up late this morning ,i got up tripped over the dog and hit my head on the wardrobe it was sore at the time, i put my dressing gown on and my slippers went to go downstairs and nearly feel down the stairs but luckly i grabbed on to the bannistair, went to have a cup of tea but my husband used all the milk it got better after that.
So you did'nt have a very good day then.

flyfifer
24-Jan-06, 01:23
The weather here in germany is -11 and it is freezing temperatures like that would make anyone depressed i am depressed everyday until my husband come back from iraq safely

Lorraine2406 - our thoughts and prayers are with you out there in Germany, and with hubby too. May you have a happy reunion soon xx

Fran
24-Jan-06, 01:49
not a depressing day for me either, each day is a bonus and its good to be alive.

paris
24-Jan-06, 02:08
Goth new rock boots?
I'm beginning to feel like a doddering old Judge, "And who is this "Big Brother" you keep mentioning please? Is he related to you in some way?"

For a poor soul who still mourns the Winkle-Pickers and Drain-Pipe trousers, what are Goth new Rock Boots please?
People tend to scurry away when I take great interest in shoe-shops displaying ladies shoes so I'd rather not have to see for myself.

I assume the Goths you speak of are from the same tribe that sacked Rome in my grand-father's youth.

New rock Gothic boots are chunky, usually black with either red flames or mauve flames going up the fronts, large buckles, look a bit like something a person would wear in a fantasy film. if you see kids all dressed in long black coats, dyed black hair and black makeup then they usually wear them. I want them for when I'm on the motorbike. Oh and i just love drain pipe trousers and winkle pickers... love teddy-boys, and rockerbilly music.

JAWS
24-Jan-06, 02:20
New rock Gothic boots are chunky, usually black with either red flames or mauve flames going up the fronts, large buckles, look a bit like something a person would wear in a fantasy film. if you see kids all dressed in long black coats, dyed black hair and black makeup then they usually wear them. I want them for when I'm on the motorbike. Oh and i just love drain pipe trousers and winkle pickers... love teddy-boys, and rockerbilly music.
Thanks Paris. I've not seen any up here yet. I suppose I should have a look round on a Friday and Saturday night.
On second thoughts that might not be such a good idea. An old wrinkly like me wandering round ogling young girls legs?
I think I might have difficulty explaining I was their boots I was checking.

paris
24-Jan-06, 02:25
To true Jaws, it might play havoc with the old blood pressure. LOL

JAWS
24-Jan-06, 03:03
Oh no, not more pills. (That is will two 'L's) That really is a good incentive to behave! :D

Sporran
24-Jan-06, 04:56
Experts believe today is officially the most depressing of the year. What do you think?
Me? Well if this is the most depressing day, the others won't be too bad!
I did a Google search after reading your post, Katarina, and here's what I got on the first hit: http://www.halifaxlive.com/content/view/445/2/
It was an interesting article, and I'm looking forward to June 23rd!

I had my most depressing day of the year a bit early, on Saturday the 21st. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I'd had a longer day at work than usual, the day before. I'd had to work from 9am to 9pm on Friday, as the person who was supposed to relieve me at 5pm had car problems. I was still feeling tired on Saturday morning, the weather was dreech, and hubby was grumpy and argumentative. I was also feeling sorry for myself because I've hardly had any time off work for the past year or so. In fact, haven't had a proper holiday for two and a half years, when it comes right down to it! (Get the violins out, LOL!)

The 23rd wasn't too bad for me, though. We'd gone out for dinner the night before, followed by 'The Chronicles of Narnia' at the cinema. So I was in much better feckle by the time Monday came around! :D