PDA

View Full Version : Windows xp problem

SJR
23-Jan-06, 14:48
I use windows xp and about a week ago i tryed adjusting the brightness on the monitor in the contro lpanel button. I dont know what ive done but since then the letters on the screen have gotten bigger so on some pull downs the words are larger than the boxes they are in!Its weird looking on the screen.On some websites i cannot get into the areas i want to cos the buttons onscreen have disappeared out of the bottom of the boxes.On caithness.org ive lost a load of the colours from the banners at the top as well.Ive tryed looking through everything i was in on the control panel.Its a right pain! Any ideas wot to try? thank you in advance.

Chillie
23-Jan-06, 15:28
I had the same problem, goto control panel , aperrance and themes, then settings, tv screen in box should on no 1, then go to advanced click on to normal 96DPI then re-boot computer should be ok then:Razz

Phoebus_Apollo
23-Jan-06, 16:28
In WIndows Xp you can do a System Restore to put the OS back to previously known good configuration.

bigjjuk
23-Jan-06, 18:23
click control panel, then display. At the top of the screen click on settings, you will then see a little arrow marker with screen resoultion above it, click and hold on the arrow and pull it to resize everything, then click apply.

SJR
24-Jan-06, 00:20
Chillie i cant get what youve said to do to work because i cant find a tv screen with boxes t choose no1.
Bigjuck, when i do that my screen goes vague, thats my description!
Peobus appollo, i cant find what you mean.
Thanks for the help so far!

Phoebus_Apollo
25-Jan-06, 01:02
Click Start.
Point to All Programs.
Point to Accessories.
Point to System Tools.
Click System Restore.
Follow the instructions on the wizard.

Or Start / Help and Support / Type "System Restore" and then follow the wizard.

Let us know how you get on...

Chillie
25-Jan-06, 02:51
I had the same problem, goto control panel , aperrance and themes, then settings, tv screen in box should on no 1, then go to advanced click on to normal 96DPI then re-boot computer should be ok then:Razz

Sorry missed a bit out

go to control panel,

aperrance and themes, then click

change computer themes, it takes you into the main box

click on to settings

in there should be a box with 2 blue boxes in it marked 1 & 2 it should be on 1 to the front, and 2 should be behind the 1 in the same box

below that there should be a little box (within the main box) with screen reseloution(blue writing) on it with a little pointer faceing down and the words more / less at either side of the pointer this should be set at 800 by 600 pixcels,

then go right down in the bottom of main box and click apply,

then a little further above the apply click advanced another screen will appear it should read in (blue writing) normal 96dpi if not set it to normal 96dpi click ok,then ok again
to cofirm all then close down and restart.

Remeber a system restore as Phoebus_Apollo says will lose all your data you have saved up to your restore date.

let us know how it goes if not pm before 9.30 am 25th :eyes