PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

Lynz39
25-Jul-03, 08:27
Can anyone suggest a way I can transfer 70Mb of files from my hard drive on my laptop to my new laptop? I dont have a CD writer unfortunately. I have tried to borrow one and they all operate with those card things is it a scusi card or something? Does anyone have a windows XP compatible CD writer that operates via USB I could borrow for a couple of hours? or does anyone have any suggestions on how I could transfer these files from one machine to the other? :roll:

Mr P Cannop
25-Jul-03, 12:35
Hi Lynz39

Are you in Thurso

Lynz39
25-Jul-03, 13:18
Nope I am in Wick unfortunately.

God
25-Jul-03, 13:59
Um 70mb of files. You could email yourself 35 times. Hah. If you used Winzip you could probably cut it down to 33 emails. even more Ha.

Mr Sensitive
25-Jul-03, 15:11
Bah, some God you are!

There are lots of options:

USB memory stick, I just love these
PC card (the ones that look like credit cards)
Ethernet crossover cable

The last is the cheapest if you have ethernet on both laptops.

Why does it matter whether you are in Thurso or Wick? It's not exactly a long drive from one to the other!!!!

Mr P Cannop
25-Jul-03, 18:22
Hi Lynz39

Could i help you ??

Lynz39
26-Jul-03, 08:41
Thanks you all for the advice. I ddnt even think about the USB smart media reader thing I had! I have a 16MB card but I didnt realise you could transfer files with it! How stupid am I!! Anyway, I did 5 batches of trasfers and I have now completed the mission sucessfully!
Thank you all again for you help!

Mr Sensitive
26-Jul-03, 14:41
Happy to have been of some help Lynz39. I will be in Wick next week so I could have done it for you. I have a 128MB stick and it has got me out of a few sticky corners recently.