PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Caithness

joxville
09-Nov-08, 18:57
Hi all, I got back home today from a weeks holiday. I had a couple of days in Glasgow, went to see Katie Melua in concert which was well worth the money then spent a few days in Caithness, caught up with some people I hadn't seen for a few years. It was great going into shops and being served by pleasant staff with manners, who's smiles actually looked genuine.

I went to the Central Hotel for dinner one evening too, my son likes the food there. I had a lovely piece of crispy, whisky battered haddock-I can still taste it now. I was surprised to see Yvonne still works in the restaurant/bar, had a nice chat with her too, I used to work with her brother.

The main reason for posting this thread is to thank the parents of the kids who attended my sons bowling party on Friday night. I'm used to a leisurely pace when not working so was apprehensive about having to control/watch over ten 12 year old's. In the event they were,(mostly), polite and well behaved, a credit to you. Would I do it again though? Hmmm..........probably yes.:D

Unfortunately I didn't meet any orger's, apart from Wifie on my way south yesterday. Of course, being a *gentleman I paid for the coffees. So thanks Caithness for a great few days.

*I suppose a true gentleman wouldn't have mentioned that. [lol]

wifie
09-Nov-08, 19:01
Unfortunately I didn't meet any orger's, apart from Wifie on my way south yesterday. Of course, being a *gentleman I paid for the coffees. So thanks Caithness for a great few days.
*I suppose a true gentleman wouldn't have mentioned that. [lol]

No a true gentleman would not have mentioned that but thanks anyway! See I am a lady - I said thank you! (That's twice now! :)) (Wanders away hummin - "Once, twice.................)