PDA

View Full Version : Last nights fireworks

young_fishin_neep
09-Nov-08, 12:32
Last nights fireworks were really good and i beleieve everybody there enjoyed them but what really got my goat was somebody took a dog to it, the dog was taken as close to the fireworks as you could get and when the fireworks were going off the dog was going crazy, i felt so sorry for the poor wee sole. it was a georgus doggy too, but you would have thought that with all the information around about pets and fireworks people would have had more sence than to take a dog to a firework display! i hope the dog was alright, it was really fighting its owner to get away but the owner just pulled it closer to the fence :(, my dog and mums dogs could hear the fireworks from scrabster so imagine what it was like for the poor dog right up to them

sorry but i had to get it off my chest it really bugged me all night,

kazzii xxxx

cuddlepop
09-Nov-08, 14:28
Thats just shamefull.Even if the dog owner was trying to get the dog use to the noise,they should have left as soon as it was apparent the dog was distressed.

As dog owners who love their animals we didnt attend any firework displays this year as there was no where safe to leave them.

On Wednesday night from 4.45 until 9pm the fireworks were constant.Scorrie although aware of the noise was ok but we thought out wee delious was going to have a heart attack.:~(
will have to get her some sort of sedation for Newyear.

northener
09-Nov-08, 15:27
Young Neep, you're a bit more restrained than I would be in that situation. I'd have told the Richard Head exactly what I thought of him/her.

There really are some ignorant planks knocking about, I wouldn't trust them with a tin of beans - let alone an animal.

Er...I meant them, not you.

teenybash
09-Nov-08, 15:42
The person with the dog would not have needed to watch the firework display as I would have gone ballistic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stupidity and thoughtlessness of some pet owners goes beyond the point of common sense.......there is no excuse for putting any animal through such a terrifying ordeal....

unicorn
09-Nov-08, 15:52
I echo all the previous sentiments, I most certainly could not have witnessed that and kept my mouth shut, no way [evil]

young_fishin_neep
09-Nov-08, 16:12
i really had to restran myself from saying something, the poor dog was so stressed out,

i felt that if i had said something with me being a teenager they wouldnt have listened and called me all the names under the sun and thought i was being arrogant and a know it all, :(

i do hope the dog is okay today though

xxx

Dorrie
09-Nov-08, 18:48
I can't believe that SOMEONE didn't saying something to him/her though! There must have been a lot of people (I'm only guessing as I wasn't there). I think I would have called the RSPCA if necessary.

Gizmo
09-Nov-08, 19:10
Some people are just clueless muppets.

Venture
09-Nov-08, 21:42
I can't believe that SOMEONE didn't saying something to him/her though! There must have been a lot of people (I'm only guessing as I wasn't there). I think I would have called the RSPCA if necessary.

I agree 100% with you there Dorrie, I would have done the same. It IS cruelty to animals. How dumb can some people be, putting their own enjoyment before the welfare of their pet.[disgust]

neepnipper
09-Nov-08, 22:30
Did you have to pay to watch? I'm surprised the people taking the money didn't say something, or the organisers if it was free. Downright irresponsible.[evil]

dunny
10-Nov-08, 01:27
on behalf of the organisers Round Table... I have to say that we weren't too slick at getting people on the gates last night with the result that plenty of people had already arrived before we got there - the dog could have arrived during that time...

even still it would be difficult to stop someone bringing their dog in if they had a real will to do it. You can't legislate for stupidity after all...

Hope everyone enjoyed the fireworks again. It's getting more and more difficult to do these days, with increasing costs (that 15-20 mins of fireworks last night cost us £3000 that we have to try and claw back in on the night), increasing health and safety/insurance requirements (hence the reason we now use professionals and also why the crowd control barriers were moved back compared with previous years), less volunteers (although there are no fewer than 6 separate local voluntary organisations involved) and all sorts of problems with doing bonfires (see press last year!).

Returning to the original point of the thread. We want eveybody to have a fun and safe time on Fireworks night. That includes dogs, so best leave them at home eh?