PDA

View Full Version : Strange Spam

neepnipper
08-Nov-08, 22:27
Just over the last couple of days I've had a few spam e-mails with the senders e-mail address as mine, just now I had one in my in box (not in my spam) the same with the rather sinister message ' we have all your personal info'. I've deleted them all without opening them, has anyone else had these?

Buttercup
08-Nov-08, 23:50
Got one tonight in one of my accounts ~ offering the usual kinds of medication to keep one perky! :roll:
Just deleted it.

Liz
08-Nov-08, 23:57
Yes I have been receiving these as well but just delete them.

They obviously don't have all my info as am always being offered help to enlarge a part of the anatomy I don't have!!!!:lol:

Kodiak
08-Nov-08, 23:59
Just over the last couple of days I've had a few spam e-mails with the senders e-mail address as mine, just now I had one in my in box (not in my spam) the same with the rather sinister message ' we have all your personal info'. I've deleted them all without opening them, has anyone else had these?

I have been receiving this type of spam for at least 2 weeks now, I just delete them and never open any Attachments.

TBH
09-Nov-08, 00:03
How did that taste sensation that is the mystery meat called spam, get associated with unwanted e-mails?

northener
09-Nov-08, 00:08
How did that taste sensation that is the mystery meat called spam, get associated with unwanted e-mails?

It's linked to the Monty Python 'Spam' sketch:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ODshB09FQ8w

Originally came about to refer to pointlessy repeated emails.

wifie
09-Nov-08, 00:09
It's from the Monty Python 'Spam' sketch:

Originally came about to refer to pointless repeated emails.

Oh nooooooooo canna watch that - I will be singin "Spam, spam, spam" all day long! [disgust]

TBH
09-Nov-08, 00:18
It's linked to the Monty Python 'Spam' sketch:

Originally came about to refer to pointlessy repeated emails.Cheers for that Northerner, now I'll have that chant running through my head for the rest of the night and most of tomorrow.[lol]

Kodiak
09-Nov-08, 00:18
I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and work all day..........................

Arghh!!! Who started off with the Monty Python Sketch

wifie
09-Nov-08, 00:19
I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and work all day..........................

Arghh!!! Who started off with the Monty Python Sketch

Och if you can't beat them - join them! Altogether now....................!

TBH
09-Nov-08, 00:29
I don't mind spam e-mails as I find deleting them to be very therapeutic But then again, I am the Messiah, not a naughty boy.[para]

Kevin Milkins
09-Nov-08, 01:00
Yer ,but what did the Romans ever do for Britain?

Kevin Milkins
09-Nov-08, 01:08
We had a thread just a bit ago about fowarding jokes on to freinds as I am always a bit suspicious as to why anyone would want to go to a lot of effort in the first place putting these emails together.
There was a little bit of interest but no confirmed expert advice.
The one that concerns me the most is the one that asks you to send it to your freinds and also send it back to the person that sent it to you.:confused
I know we feel comfortable in the knowledge that we have all the latest anti virus Etc, but I dont think its the be all and end all.

TBH
09-Nov-08, 01:09
Yer ,but what did the Romans ever do for Britain?Brought peace and aqueducts.

Metalattakk
09-Nov-08, 03:27
We had a thread just a bit ago about fowarding jokes on to freinds as I am always a bit suspicious as to why anyone would want to go to a lot of effort in the first place putting these emails together.
There was a little bit of interest but no confirmed expert advice.
I can't profess to offer 'confirmed expert advice', but, I wouldn't advise forwarding these emails on to anybody. There's plenty of these types going about - always with the tag at the end saying 'forward this message on to all your friends' or promising some sort of reward for forwarding it on to a certain amount of friends.

The reason they want you to send it to as many people as possible is to try and capture as many valid email addresses, so they (the spammers) can spoof the email addresses you've forwarded on, and use them to send out even more spam.

One I got recently was from a good friend of mine, who had forwarded the message on to about 20 people, simply because they were promised free shopping vouchers if they forwarded the message on to a certain amount of people. Every email address that she forwarded the message on to has now had their email address added to the spammer's list. Cheers, m'dear. :roll: