PDA

View Full Version : Hedgehogs and Bonfires....

northener
08-Nov-08, 21:45
Please remember to check your bonfires for hedgehogs before lighting.

If you cannot find any hedgehogs in your bonfire, a good place to look for them is under piles of dry leaves or in an old rabbit burrow. I would recommend three hedgehogs for a normal domestic bonfire.........

rockchick
08-Nov-08, 21:57
Gives new meaning to crackling!

binbob
08-Nov-08, 22:05
ohhhhhh..u are horrible...i like hedgehogs...........i hope none have been burned alive...anyway i think bonfires deserve to be banned.!!!

just give me time to get my safety suit on!![lol]

sweetpea
08-Nov-08, 22:10
and if you do roast one..can you eat it and put it on the fresh foods local thread?:)

Kevin Milkins
08-Nov-08, 22:20
I have heared if you cover them in a mud pack and put them in the embers of a bonfire, they are quite tasty:confused and you can save a quill or two for picking the pork out from between your teeth.:lol:

wifie
08-Nov-08, 22:27
I have heared if you cover them in a mud pack and put them in the embers of a bonfire, they are quite tasty:confused and you can save a quill or two for picking the pork out from between your teeth.:lol:

So hedgehogs taste like pork then? Not chicken?

domino
08-Nov-08, 23:45
Wifie
We are Caithness. No offence meant

wifie
09-Nov-08, 00:13
I am caithness domino and have never eaten hedgehog so was just enquiring! :confused

TBH
09-Nov-08, 00:23
I think the hedgehogs of Caithness, taste like spam.

Kevin Milkins
09-Nov-08, 00:43
So hedgehogs taste like pork then? Not chicken?

Not sure what they taste like to be sure wifie :confused I have only had hedgog flavoured crisps, and Mr Cole from Clee Hill of the hedgehog preservation society had those banned.

northener
09-Nov-08, 00:48
Not sure what they taste like to be sure wifie :confused I have only had hedgog flavoured crisps, and Mr Cole from Clee Hill of the hedgehog preservation society had those banned.

I always wondered why hedgehog flavour crisps suddenly disappeared - I used to like them.

How about seabird flavour crisps?

TBH
09-Nov-08, 00:57
I always wondered why hedgehog flavour crisps suddenly disappeared - I used to like them.

How about seabird flavour crisps?They taste like fishy flavoured chicken.

wifie
09-Nov-08, 00:58
They taste like fishy flavoured chicken.

So like cheap battery hen flavour then? ;)

northener
09-Nov-08, 01:01
They taste like fishy flavoured chicken.

Its seabird flavour!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_u7VGiMO0U&feature=related

TBH
09-Nov-08, 01:05
Its seabird flavour!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_u7VGiMO0U&feature=relatedYe'll have tasted the Guga then. It's a bit like the albatross but with a peaty aroma.

wifie
09-Nov-08, 01:28
Oh man alive the Guga recipe sounds mingin - knew folk over there that ate it and they seemed sane enough! :confused

TBH
09-Nov-08, 01:31
So like cheap battery hen flavour then? ;)They are quite nice with a shoogle of paprika over them.