PDA

View Full Version : Paying Studio Cards

mccaugm
08-Nov-08, 13:05
Hubby tried to pay Studio Cards bill at Post Office, the chap (in Thurso) said that this must be paid via a bank. I find this strange as I do all my banking online or at the Post Office. I can pay money into my account, take money out and pay bills, so why not Studio cards? In these days of the credit crunch you would think the PO would be wanting more trade not less. Has anyone else encountered this? Was the PO teller correct or????

Kodiak
08-Nov-08, 13:56
Not with Studio Cards but it could be the same reason why you can not pay for your TV Licence at the Post Office now.

This being that it is NOT the fault of the Post Office but the Company that accepts the payment as they have stopped using the Post Office as a Payment method.

So it could be this, that Studio Cards have stopped Payment through the Post Office and Not that the Post Office has stopped accepting payments for Studio Cards.

I am sure that if the Post Office could in any accept Payment for Studio Cards they would as they would welcome the commision it generates.

So perhaps you should write to Studio Cards and ask them why this has happened.

mccaugm
08-Nov-08, 18:20
Not with Studio Cards but it could be the same reason why you can not pay for your TV Licence at the Post Office now.

This being that it is NOT the fault of the Post Office but the Company that accepts the payment as they have stopped using the Post Office as a Payment method.

So it could be this, that Studio Cards have stopped Payment through the Post Office and Not that the Post Office has stopped accepting payments for Studio Cards.

I am sure that if the Post Office could in any accept Payment for Studio Cards they would as they would welcome the commision it generates.

So perhaps you should write to Studio Cards and ask them why this has happened.

Thanks for that....the PO are desperate for business so why make a change or couldn't they get another system in place to allow payments. My nearest bank is almost 10 miles away and I don't drive. I would use online banking but I know for a fact (hassles last year) that Studio Cards don't accept payment this way either. Ye gods I WANT to pay a bill!!!

Kodiak
08-Nov-08, 18:35
May I make a Suggestion.

For making payments to companies such as Studio Cards have you thought of a Pre-Paid Credit Card.

This is Not like a Credit Card and you Can NOT get into Debt with them. You get one and you put Money onto the card at the Post Office free of charge. Then all you need to do is to phone the Company you wish to pay and give them the Card Number and it is taken off your card.

You can use them where ever you see the Mastercard symbol, in a shop, online, or phone or even by making a regular monthly payment. The only thing is you must make sure you have suffiecent funds on your card.

Here is a Link to one of these cards, and in my opinion one of the best, and you can apply online and best of all there is no credit check and they say it is 100% acceptance.

http://www.mycashplus.co.uk/default.aspx

wifie
08-Nov-08, 18:48
There should be a list of methods available to pay by on the bill. Maybe you can pay by phone using a debit card.

footie chick
08-Nov-08, 18:58
There should be a list of methods available to pay by on the bill. Maybe you can pay by phone using a debit card.

Ace is the same company and you can post your payment, pay at a bank or over the phone with a debit card.