PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Calandar

poppett
08-Nov-08, 12:54
I am trying to find a Thurso (if possible) stockist of the "Caithness Calendar" by Ronald Mackenzie a local artist. It is the old fashioned style of a print from watercolour of Caithness scenes mounted with a calendar tag and loop to hang it up.

There are usually christmas cards to match.

Any information much appreciated or a direct contact number if no local stockists this year.

young_fishin_neep
08-Nov-08, 16:01
Hey,

My mum (tugmistress) has a 2009 callendar, she got pictures of all round caithness and thurso area, if you cant get in touch with the guy your looking for im sure she still has some for sale

xxx

poppett
08-Nov-08, 22:33
Thanks for the reply. The calendar your mum has is, I think, the one with a different view for each month on a spiral top.......... if so i did see them today in Newsbeat.

The one I was after is for my aunt in Holland. As it is a print of a watercolour already mounted when the calendar is finished she gets it framed and over the years has amassed some lovely views. This year I wanted to carry on the tradition.

I will keep the other one in mind, just in case, but ever hopeful someone will get me a contact number.

The artists wife used to be my hairdresser and she always had a good stock in her shop, but she retired and sold the business.........boo hoo.

Tighsonas4
08-Nov-08, 22:43
if you give me a day or so will try to get you in touch with ronald himself
know people who should be abel to help tony

young_fishin_neep
09-Nov-08, 16:15
Thanks for the reply. The calendar your mum has is, I think, the one with a different view for each month on a spiral top.......... if so i did see them today in Newsbeat.

hey there

were is newsbeat? i am sure mum is only doing private sales of her callender eg someone phones or pm her asking for some. yea her calender is a spiral top but im positive she hasnt distributed to shops.

kazzii xxx

chamb
09-Nov-08, 17:33
Give durrands a try they normaly have ronald mackenzie art work, and I have bought some xmas cards there too.

poppett
09-Nov-08, 23:42
Thanks Chamb, I have been at Durrands a few times but have never got it open, but will try again one afternoon this week.

Newsbeat is Ferriers old shop, opposite the Pentland Hotel, Kazzii. They had two Caithness calanders on a stand just inside the door. Will give your mum a try if no luck with my quest this week.

Thanks for help so far, and alanatkie for pm with an email address, which has not been replied to yet, but fingers crossed.

poppett
09-Nov-08, 23:53
Have just had reply to email to Ronald and he is not doing calendars this year, so my auntie`s collection of prints to frame has ceased.

Like the idea of Tugmistresses calendar and would like to support a fellow orger, so if you want to contact me with details of cost etc., I would be pleased to hear from you if you have any left.

alanatkie
10-Nov-08, 00:01
No probs poppett - i have sent you another pm :D

young_fishin_neep
10-Nov-08, 01:33
i will let her know to give you a pm when she gets up tomorow :)

xx

dunny
10-Nov-08, 22:15
Judging by the excellence of the photos that appear in the caithness.org 'photos' forum, I reckon if the best ones were picked it would make a cracking calendar!

maybe someone might want to do this in time for 2010...?

Moonboots
10-Nov-08, 22:36
Calendars can be made up quite quick and would be made in time for 2009

Tugmistress
11-Nov-08, 00:43
sent you a pm poppet :)

Average
11-Nov-08, 09:09
It seems to me that Martina Cross is producing the best northern images at the moment. Lovely calenders too.
http://www.martinacrossphotography.co.uk/caithness%20&%20sutherland%20calendars.html