PDA

View Full Version : Official Caithness.Org Pub - New Colour Scheme

wifie
07-Nov-08, 00:54
It has been decided that the above mentioned establishment requires a lick of paint - so what do you fancy?

laguna2
07-Nov-08, 10:19
Good idea wifie - but remember .... paintbrushes at the ready everyone when the decision is made ... and no girning if you don't like the colours if you haven't voted!

wifie
07-Nov-08, 10:31
So you are more of a pastels woman laguna? ;)

teenybash
07-Nov-08, 13:16
Well, I've gone for the browns and cream but feel there needs to be a dash of something brighter as it could be drab....maybe a touch of red and a bit of a gold tone here and there....................:roll:

wifie
07-Nov-08, 15:36
Well, I've gone for the browns and cream but feel there needs to be a dash of something brighter as it could be drab....maybe a touch of red and a bit of a gold tone here and there....................:roll:

Drab - it will never be drab in there with the people who frequent it! [lol]
We need to accessorise teenybash and perhaps a few nice pictures!

laguna2
07-Nov-08, 17:32
I will be happy to donate a picture of ME to adorn the walls :D

wifie
07-Nov-08, 17:34
A dartboard - great idea laguna! Thanks! :D

laguna2
07-Nov-08, 17:36
[evil] Very funny! My feelings are now very hurt. :cry:

*Shuffles off into a corner to sulk* sniff

wifie
07-Nov-08, 17:52
Ya big fibber - would take more than that to offend you! You have sidled off to think of something to get me back with! [lol]

laguna2
07-Nov-08, 17:55
ME, me? Seek revenge - not me :evil

teenybash
07-Nov-08, 18:06
Girls, Girls.....no squabbling but it has given me a superb idea. We should all have our portraits hung on the walls and all who frequent our lively and entertaining establishment can enjoy us ravishing beauties gazing down on them while they sup their tipples.................:Razz

wifie
07-Nov-08, 18:08
Girls, Girls.....no squabbling but it has given me a superb idea. We should all have our portraits hung on the walls and all who frequent our lively and entertaining establishment can enjoy us ravishing beauties gazing down on them while they sup their tipples.................:Razz

Crikey you are wantin to attract custom no? Ye dinna want a pic o' me!!! :eek:

golach
07-Nov-08, 20:24
What is that designer on about??? Creams and Browns and sofas, its no a living room, its a Pub!!!
A nice wood burner stove, good Caithness slate floors, far easier for the cleaner.
Nice real wood panelling, of course a Dart Board, decent tables for knocking at Domino's, Free Snuff for the smokers, its legal, and best of all a smiling buxom barmaid [lol]

laguna2
07-Nov-08, 20:41
Trust you to include a description of the barmaid you want! What about a handsome barMAN!!!!

I will agree that an easy to clean floor would be an asset - especially with all the drink that gets spilled on a busy (or should that be boozy) night!

Snuff - :eek: - I think that should be in a separate room, I dinna fancy hearing you lot sniffing away all night!

Comfy armchairs are a must! Nice to relax with a cold glass of white wine - elegant like!

golach
07-Nov-08, 21:04
Comfy armchairs are a must! Nice to relax with a cold glass of white wine - elegant like!

Sitting on a nice high Bar stool, is better for your posture than slumping in a owld worn out settee, can see you sitting there with one leg thrown casually over the other, sipping your cold Chablis, with tears of frost slowly trickling down the wine glass :eek:
You ask for your staff, I'll ask for mine

wifie
07-Nov-08, 21:24
Man alive it is a lick of paint we are talkin here not a complete overhaul!
PS I am with laguna on the handsome barman! :Razz

laguna2
08-Nov-08, 09:57
:o Some of us find it difficult to get on a high barstool elegantly! Indeed some of us could do with a ladder to help! So, barstools at the bar and a nice comfy sofa near the log fire ... and yes, chablis would be nice ... or savignon blanc ... both chilled to perfection!

We definitely require a barMAN to help to quell the rowdies some nights ... no names no packdrill :rolleyes:

teenybash
08-Nov-08, 20:16
:confused................wonder who'll be cleaning oot the log fire and gettin' rid o' the stoor...........................:roll:

laguna2
09-Nov-08, 09:46
... well, I had thought that perhaps you, wifie and golach might like to volunteer .............................. :o[smirk]

golach
09-Nov-08, 10:08
... well, I had thought that perhaps you, wifie and golach might like to volunteer .............................. :o[smirk]
Laguna, Nae tother a baw, your request is my command (SHOUTS) "Wifie bring in some peats for 'e stove"

laguna2
09-Nov-08, 12:54
Hmmmmmmmmmmm ... golach must have had a good night out the ither night .... he is still suffering the after effects ... and volunteering!!

Thanks golach ... you are so kind

wifie
09-Nov-08, 15:53
Laguna I would be more than happy to help with the fire but could you tell golach that I do not respond to shouting! [disgust] [lol]

teenybash
09-Nov-08, 16:07
Aaah..............the sweet smell of peats, the warm red glow......
Here I brought a bucket in as I was passing the stack.:)

laguna2
13-Nov-08, 12:06
You might have wiped up the muddy footprints when you left the peats teeny!

Roll on the result of the vote ... and the laying of the easy clean floor!

joxville
13-Nov-08, 22:05
Never mind the paint, how about some walls and a roof in here-it's darn cold. [lol]

laguna2
13-Nov-08, 22:15
Don't tell me that someone has stolen the walls and roof - is nothing safe these days! :eek:

teenybash
13-Nov-08, 23:48
Never mind the paint, how about some walls and a roof in here-it's darn cold. [lol]

Sit yerself down in front of the fire and get a proper warm.............if it needs a bit more on there's more peat in the bucket.
Mibbe if ye put somethin' decent on you wouldna' feel the cold.....ye should've put a jumper over that auld string vest ye'r wearin'.

laguna2
14-Nov-08, 09:59
Whew! The walls and roof are still here!

He's finished all the peat! Teeny - can we have some more peat please? Perhaps we should think of providing rugs and scarves to keep customers warm?

teenybash
14-Nov-08, 14:11
Came in here this morning to draw in the peats and the draught was ferocious and more water lying in the gents loo. A couple of ridge tiles had come off but, Golach came to the rescue and shinned up the drainpipe, like Spiderman himself, replaced the tiles and the place is as warm as an oven....no need for rugs and scarves now...............:Razz

wifie
14-Nov-08, 15:52
Aye it was startin to look like a bothy wi you huddled in the corner beside the peat fire Teeny!
OK so brushes at the ready - do you think we will have the decorating done by the end of the weekend?

laguna2
14-Nov-08, 20:27
Yep! If we work really hard.

Right, seems that creams and browns won the vote so who has bought the paint and brushes? Wifie will you try to make sure that Teeny puts the paint on the walls and not all over us!

Golach can be foreman and tell us what to do (we will probably ignore him but he can always try to tell us what to do!)

golach
14-Nov-08, 21:04
Harrrumph!!!!!!! Wimmen!!!!!:mad:

wifie
14-Nov-08, 21:10
Aye laguna (did you hear something) he can try! ;)
Do you think Anne x has any spare rainmates incase Teeny is a bit brash? [lol]

laguna2
14-Nov-08, 21:43
Heard a vague noise ... nothing to be concerned about though ;)

Good idea about the rainmates!

teenybash
14-Nov-08, 23:23
Oh ye of such little faith...do you not know I'm a dab hand wi' the paint brush........................could have sworn I heard a grump, or mibbe more of a growl. Now who could that have been...................:confused

laguna2
15-Nov-08, 08:49
Well done Teeny, the walls are lookin great - well, as far up as you could reach that is!!!

OK, own up, who painted the very top of the wall a different colour! And where did the bright pink paint come from to do it!!!

That grump that we thought we heard ... could that be the culprit .... anyone want to own up ... mind you, if we leave it like that it will certainly be a conversation starter ... hmmmmmmmmmmm

:D ;) :D

laguna2
15-Nov-08, 16:22
Niver mind the paintin' - get over to the other pub thread and get ready for the party tonight!

:)

teenybash
15-Nov-08, 17:58
I'm off, like a bullet out of a gun!!!!!!!!![lol]

laguna2
15-Nov-08, 18:00
:lol: thought you would be Teeny!! :lol: