PDA

View Full Version : Tonight Programme

Anne x
07-Nov-08, 00:14
Now forget about Duchess and her siblings the programme stands alone

If you did not view it I suggest you do
But OMG what a programme I was horrified Turkey and the way they treat that children
Rumania I had seen before it is a long time since I was reduced to tears watching a documentary but Tonight was horrific
I am not religious But there go mine but for the grace of god children tied up and splayed legged and some eating there own nappies good god words for once fail me
These are Children living a hellish life because they are a combination of so called society rejects
Life for me is for the living not the past as these kids endure their lives day in day out
in Institutions all of these kids are European most of them no nothing other as they were dumped by there parents
not some far flung continent but here among us

Bad Manners
07-Nov-08, 09:52
It was not a nice thing to see and am glad it has been exposed but it does not surprise me at what man can do to man. People will be up in arms because it is children but it happens all over the world in many countries. There are many countries without an suitable welfare state who brush the rejected people to one side. Whilst it is deplorable what can we do raise more money to help? try to get their goverment to intervien?
the sad thing is for every one you see and hear about there are lots more still hidden.

badger
07-Nov-08, 13:09
I hope the EU takes some action on this before admitting Turkey but I agree with BadManners - no country is blameless. According to a news report this morning the UK has a horrendous record excluding children from school, not just older ones but primary and even as young as 2. What kind of country has so little discipline of their children that they are started on the wrong path as toddlers? And they wonder why are prisons are so overcrowded [disgust] .

One thing that struck me was the ignorance of the Turkish govt. representatives saying that repetitive behaviour is an inevitable symptom of disability. What hope is there if they really believe that? At least we could teach them something in that area.

horseman
07-Nov-08, 14:52
Yes Anne x it's good that things like that reduce us to tears-coz' it may make more of inclined to get involved (your post is an involvment) an if we all ignore injustices like that,it will never improve-an will it improve? or will the government claim-misrepresention,selective editioning-lessons have been learnt-untrue our faciities are in place to deal with childrens needs.
Lets see how much actual difference even such a highlighting intervention as by the Dutchess will do! Look at what happens here in the uk.
Hospital is bottom of the league tables, apart from having c'diff or similar-ditto social care,schools,local gov.-police.I know what happens in my area-complaints are rubbished,termed out of date-an we are now on top of the problem. That sounds like a cop out to me.I could spit- but it will do no good,thanks for highliting it Anne x + other contributers.

Anne x
07-Nov-08, 15:59
ITV 1 have a follow up programme on tonight at 8pm be interesting to see if any good has come out of airing last nights programme and if any difference has been made

unicorn
07-Nov-08, 16:03
is there a link anywhere to watch this online?

badger
07-Nov-08, 16:07
Assuming your broadband is up to it (mine isn't), you could try this
http://www.itv.com/CatchUp/default.html