PDA

View Full Version : Scottish & Southern Electricity Tariffs

Julia
06-Nov-08, 18:51
Does anybody happen to know what the tariff is for their Standard THTC? It's not mentioned on their website of any other for that matter. I rang up last week as my electricity costs are extortionate and was advised that my only saving would be to change to monthly direct debit which would save me 5% off my annual bill, I'm currently on a pre-payment meter which there is no standing charge for.

Any advice? I'm looking to change my electricity supplier soon.

hotrod4
06-Nov-08, 18:54
Does anybody happen to know what the tariff is for their Standard THTC? It's not mentioned on their website of any other for that matter. I rang up last week as my electricity costs are extortionate and was advised that my only saving would be to change to monthly direct debit which would save me 5% off my annual bill, I'm currently on a pre-payment meter which there is no standing charge for.

Any advice? I'm looking to change my electricity supplier soon.

I am with them also on a pre-payment meter. 4 weeks ago I was £35 per week, then we had to up to £40, now for the last 2 weeks its been £50 per week!.
It cant just be a coincedence as I havent changed anything electrical at all, as I am a creature of habit.
I am sure we wont be alone in this :(

footie chick
06-Nov-08, 19:35
Our direct debit rose from £69.00/ month to £98.00 :eek:

poppett
06-Nov-08, 19:56
Suggest you contact Ormlie Heat on Thurso 896524. They have access to all the tariffs and the best deals. Also can advise about direct debit payments rather than the prepayment meters which may not have a standing charge but you pay almost double the amount per unit.

They assessed what we should pay for both gas and electric and have been spot on. When SSE wanted to almost double the direct debits they contacted them and it was left as it was and now they owe us money!

captain chaos
06-Nov-08, 21:48
We use around 5000kwh per year Approx £700 with the Scottish hydro on standard tariff paying monthly by direct debit.

We have just changed to Scottish gas CLICK Energy 6 and are saving £219 per year

Our direct debit went from £60 a month to £40. It has taken many years to get to the point of changing my supplier but the savings astounded me.

We got a letter from scottish hydro asking us to stay with them and to call to let them change our minds. I did phone and said save me £250 a year and I would stay......they offered to "save" me £21...... after I had stopped laughing I thanked the lady and told her I'm of to Scottish gas.

Check out other suppliers it could save, as I have, hundreds of pounds

poppett
07-Nov-08, 16:17
Scottish Hyrdo Electric "Energy-plus" Care tariff customers are having the benefit of rates not increasing until after this winter.

Given that customers have to be in "fuel poverty" (ie spending over 10% of their income on their Gas and Electricity) to be on the scheme the increases they would need to implement are almost 30% on their Gas tariff and 20% on Electricity. If these come in to force even in the spring it would be crippling to the already poor folk struggling to heat their homes.

Julia
07-Nov-08, 18:32
I'm currently using approx 20% of my income on electricity, I have just learned that I will qualify for their discount, I'm very very happy. :D

little mac
07-Nov-08, 18:36
have you tried epico.co.uk they are a non profit making gas and elec supplier gas is quarter of price than with scottish gas for gas and they charge the same for prepayment meters as for dd etc

Boss
07-Nov-08, 18:45
We went over to alternative energy some months ago, simply we were not prepared to pander to the Electricity board and their continual rising costs.
I myself well imagine the anguish our older generations feel when faced with bills way beyond their means.
On speaking with an older lady recently, she told me she is now on something called "eon", whereby she pays a bill but twice a year, I think it has something to do with the Help the Aged, has anyone else heard of this?

dortmunder
07-Nov-08, 21:49
Does anybody happen to know what the tariff is for their Standard THTC?
From my last Standard THTC bill:
Heating control energy units - 5.84p each
Standard energy units - 10.9p each
Standing charge - 31.08p per day