PDA

View Full Version : W & D Ross - Builders Suppliers - Riverside Thurso

Goldie
06-Nov-08, 18:07
How lovely to have such personal service from a great shop. Only needed a couple of screws and fittings and the lady was so helpful. It is great to recieve that customer care that sometimes gets lost in a large chain store.

poppett
06-Nov-08, 20:04
Quite agree with you there Goldie. Ross` are always my first stop for anything in the ironmongery category............... and the "crack" is brilliant too.

Had some brilliant bargains with tools and electrical fittings too.

chamb
07-Nov-08, 01:36
The Tool shop might be a great service but dana hold out for anything like it in the wall paper shop, my god they are un helpful, and struggle to help you.

I went in looking for paper for my sons room and when I asked for a green paper they said nothing as far as they know?? so I walked out

YummyMummy
07-Nov-08, 11:39
The Tool shop might be a great service but dana hold out for anything like it in the wall paper shop, my god they are un helpful, and struggle to help you.

I went in looking for paper for my sons room and when I asked for a green paper they said nothing as far as they know?? so I walked out

Couldn't agree more - I went in there last year and the staff were so unhelpful, it was verging on rude. I'll never go in again.

Goldie
07-Nov-08, 17:55

Yes same here, it's hard to believe that they are the same company. I went in and had the same kind of response with the wallpaper.

footie chick
07-Nov-08, 23:04
Your better off going to J Waters for paint first class service every time.

But for hardware Ross is really good.

Dog-eared
10-Nov-08, 16:33
Aye, hardware shop superb, paint shop unhelpful and actually rude on one occasion !

poppett
10-Nov-08, 18:21
Haven`t been in the paintshop for about a year, but the last time I was in the lassie was very helpful and even carried the giant pots of paint to the car for me as I was ill at the time.

Maybe different staff??

Ash
10-Nov-08, 21:01

we were in there for paint for wee ones room as lady was very helpful.. went back for bathroom wallpaper and they couldnt have been nicer