PDA

View Full Version : Cat Food

Liz
21-Jan-06, 19:33
At Caithness Cats Protection we are getting an increasing number of stray and unwanted cats and kittens coming into our care.
We spent over £4,000 in cat food last year as we also help feed stray and feral cats.

This is a huge drain on our resources and we are finding it quite difficult to make ends meet as we also spend a lot of money on vet's bills.

So I am making an appeal to all cat lovers to help by donating cat food to us. If you can do this please contact me. Even a few cans will be very gratefully received.

Thanks!:D

Doolally
21-Jan-06, 23:12
Would Somerfield, Lidls or the Co-op let you leave a box for cat food donations?

Liz
21-Jan-06, 23:34
Somerfields and the Co-op already have baskets for the SSPCA and Caithness Animal Trust respectively. Haven't tried Lidls but will ask them.

We did have a basket in the Pet Shop in Wick but, unfortunately, didn't receive much.

Thanks to those of you have contacted me to offer help. This is very much appreciated.

It is only through the generosity of the people of Caithness that Cats Protection can continue to help the cats in the County.

krieve
22-Jan-06, 03:19
Cats Protection do a great job helping all the cats so where should we put the cat food to liz.

champagnebaby
22-Jan-06, 04:10
Have you thought of putting collection tins in shops and that?

Liz
22-Jan-06, 13:46
Cats Protection do a great job helping all the cats so where should we put the cat food to liz.

Thanks Krieve!

In Wick food can be dropped off at McDonald's Bakery in McArthur Street. Thurso is a bit more of a problem but think it will be a private address. Pm me for details.

krieve
22-Jan-06, 13:50
Thanks Krieve!

In Wick food can be dropped off at McDonald's Bakery in McArthur Street. Thurso is a bit more of a problem but think it will be a private address. Pm me for details.
What kind of food would be best tinned , or dry food i will put some in tomorrow.

Liz
22-Jan-06, 13:52
What kind of food would be best tinned , or dry food i will put some in tomorrow.

Anything!

Thanks Krieve. That's really kind of you and much appreciated!:)

Liz
22-Jan-06, 13:53
Have you thought of putting collection tins in shops and that?

We do have collection tins in shops and also have a collection week in September.:D

DW
22-Jan-06, 14:10
So I am making an appeal to all cat lovers to help by donating cat food to us. If you can do this please contact me.

Thanks!:D

I know where there are a few tons of whale-meat that would feed a lot of cats!! [lol]

ice box
29-Jan-06, 18:15
Yes they do a brillaint job i will certanily be buying some cat food when i get the dogs and stick it to the bakerys . Lizz have ever thought of starting a sponsors like somone sponsoring a cat like what they do with the dog my mum sponsors a dog .

Liz
29-Jan-06, 19:07
That's great Icebox. Many thanks!!!

I don't really think sponsoring would work as we rehome our cats unlike places like the Dogs Trust where you are sponsoring a dog who can't be homed.

If anyone can offer a cat a home please contact me as we have some really nice friendly ones just now waiting for a loving home.

Thanks for your support!:D

elaine
29-Jan-06, 21:07
I don't live in Wick anymore but we have quite a few leftover pouches/tins (our little Max can be a right fussy little so and so at times!). We will bring it all up at Easter time when we come to visit the folks!

Liz
29-Jan-06, 22:59
I don't live in Wick anymore but we have quite a few leftover pouches/tins (our little Max can be a right fussy little so and so at times!). We will bring it all up at Easter time when we come to visit the folks!

That would be lovely Elaine. Thanks!

Max isn't the only 'fussy little so and so'. I have four of them!!! I think they like a brand of cat food and buy loads of it and then they decide they don't like it anymore!!!:(

Did you get Max from CP?

angela5
29-Jan-06, 23:50
sometime this week i'll drop some cat food tins into the bakery.

eastend
30-Jan-06, 01:54
thier be some tasty pies from t bakery next week lol

cezzy1234
30-Jan-06, 12:26
i put some in the other day but why dont you do somethink like an open day and put the pictures of the animmals you want homes for i sure there are a lot of pepople out there who love cats you could do a fee for looking at them you might make some monney from that

Liz
30-Jan-06, 15:17
sometime this week i'll drop some cat food tins into the bakery.

That will be great thanks!!!:o)

Liz
30-Jan-06, 15:20
Yes Eastend they will be purrfect!!!:lol:

Cerri where did you put the food as we didn't get it?

Re the Open Day we had an Open Night and only two people turned up!

We do display pictures of cats in our care at most events we hold and they are also on our website www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk (http://www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk%29) the Dounreay messageboard and we have posters displayed in various shops.

elaine
30-Jan-06, 20:25
That would be lovely Elaine. Thanks!

Max isn't the only 'fussy little so and so'. I have four of them!!! I think they like a brand of cat food and buy loads of it and then they decide they don't like it anymore!!!:(

Did you get Max from CP?

Yup but the CP in Glasgow (Cardyke Farm), we've had 3 from there so far!

Liz
30-Jan-06, 23:49
Yup but the CP in Glasgow (Cardyke Farm), we've had 3 from there so far!

Sorry I thought I knew you but it must be another Elaine!

Well done for giving 3 unwanted cats a home!:grin:

unicorn
31-Jan-06, 00:07
If there are collection boxes in coop and somerfields for other charities why not put yours in lidls I know the choice of food is not as varied there but every little helps...

Liz
31-Jan-06, 15:21
If there are collection boxes in coop and somerfields for other charities why not put yours in lidls I know the choice of food is not as varied there but every little helps...

I can't phone them as they are not in the phone book and can't go and see them due to illness:(