PDA

View Full Version : Google slow?

bekisman
06-Nov-08, 15:20
Google

May be wrong forum, but is anyone else out there having problems with Google, I'm waiting for about 10 seconds for it to load.. everything else loads ok

Kodiak
06-Nov-08, 15:23
No problems here. Just did a search on google and the result was loaded in less than a second.

Which google are you using? I Used Google.co.uk and Not .com

bekisman
06-Nov-08, 15:42
I use Google.co.uk for my home page, did a 'google' and seems others do have problems, expect it will sort itself out..

muffin
06-Nov-08, 15:48
I regularly delete the temporary internet files as they accumulate quite rapidly if you do a lot of surfing, it does mean your computer forgets some sites you have looked at but I find it speeds my computer up considerably, also a regular defrag.

hotrod4
06-Nov-08, 16:12
Better still just use Firefox. I find it surfs and loads alot faster especially when you use fasterfox. I use CCleaner on a daily basis to keep my pooter running free of junk,also run a virus scan every morning at 2am. I find this way keeps betsy running at optomen speed and makes Mr Rod a happy bunny!!! :)

Metalattakk
06-Nov-08, 16:28
Better still just use Firefox. I find it surfs and loads alot faster especially when you use fasterfox.

Why fasterfox is bad (http://benmetcalfe.com/blog/2005/11/fasterfox-when-firefox-extensions-go-bad/).

Kodiak
06-Nov-08, 16:53
Firefox is far superior to IE, this is my opinion, I have been using Firefox on all my computers for Years now and Never ever had any problems.

I really Love the Firefox Add-ons, specially Foxgame.

hotrod4
06-Nov-08, 18:58
Why fasterfox is bad (http://benmetcalfe.com/blog/2005/11/fasterfox-when-firefox-extensions-go-bad/).

Havent had any problems with it, but thanks for the info. Always good to get a rounded opinion.

Metalattakk
06-Nov-08, 19:20
:D Of course you won't have any problems with it - but think of the poor web hosts!

bekisman
08-Nov-08, 22:13
Think eventually I've found what slowed me down - I used 'Google' as my home page, once loaded (taking 20 seconds to load) other sites were found immediately - anyway after much work, reinstalling IE7, Pirifom Ccleaner etc etc found that it was IE (7) which was taking the time, found if I disabled certain Add-on's that 'are currently loaded' sorted it out - (hopefully).. and IE now loads in a couple of seconds AND I'm over three miles from the exchange..

celtic 302
08-Nov-08, 22:14
Which google are you using? I Used Google.co.uk and Not .com

You realise that even if you type www.google.com into your web browser (and firefox is so much easier because then I can just type google and away it goes. BOO IE!) it will redirect to .co.uk?

kgunn
09-Nov-08, 19:24
Better still just use Firefox.

Apple's Safari is brilliant too, it is very nice and has nice buttons and it checks your spelling, has a bar for your bookmarks, and the rest of your bookmarks are in a thing that looks like iTunes! Brilliant!

Google Chrome is nice too :D