PDA

View Full Version : Quiz nights?

Sandra_B
21-Jan-06, 19:24
Did they get dropped? Or can you not do them on this kind of board?

golach
21-Jan-06, 20:11
Did they get dropped? Or can you not do them on this kind of board?
Sandra they fell by the wayside, we used to have them on a Sunday evening in the chat room, I would love to see them back again

_Ju_
21-Jan-06, 20:17
I think that would be fun. I've been wanting to go to a quiz night at the pub, but I have a little boy, so no chance.

Sandra_B
21-Jan-06, 21:02
That's a shame, I hope they come back.

Doolally
21-Jan-06, 23:10
I think the reason they died out is that many of the contestants didn't want to win as they had to run the next quiz. It's a shame as it was great fun, I used to really enjoy them.

Now, if only someone would volunteer.....

krieve
21-Jan-06, 23:20
Why don't you start of by volunteering then doolally.

sassylass
22-Jan-06, 00:32
ok ok I will host a quiz nite next Sunday the 29th, same rules same time same place (chatroom 8:30 p.m.).

Hehe this will be fun!

Moira
22-Jan-06, 00:44
Could you maybe post a note of the rules for us "Quiz Nite Newbies" ?? I've never taken part in an online quiz before.

golach
22-Jan-06, 01:36
I think the reason they died out is that many of the contestants didn't want to win as they had to run the next quiz. It's a shame as it was great fun, I used to really enjoy them.

Now, if only someone would volunteer.....
Why dont we change the rules to the loser runs the next quiz ? and 2 mins to answer a question, not that I say anybody would stoop to Googling the questions [mad]

sassylass
22-Jan-06, 02:35
Rules as I recall them:

1. First correct answer wins 1 point.

2. Quizmistress' word is final.

3. No fechting.

4. Quizmistress' word is final.

I am planning on 20 questions, as 40 is an awful lot. Maybe we should just take volunteers to run subsequent quizzes because the problem with having the loser run it...is there may be more than one loser!

And remember, the quizmistress' word is final.

krieve
22-Jan-06, 02:52
I think we got that Quizmistress word is final lol

_Ju_
22-Jan-06, 11:21
what's fechting? Or is that fetching?

golach
22-Jan-06, 11:30
what's fechting? Or is that fetching?
Fechting = Fighting old Scots/Californian word :Razz
try this www.dsl.ac.uk/dsl (http://www.dsl.ac.uk/dsl)

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 15:02
Can any one join in or is it just for trusted members

sassylass
22-Jan-06, 18:15
All are welcome. Come into the Quizroom which is just off the General and down the hall from eCrack. Fireplace will be roaring and there are loads of comfy chairs. Bring your sharpened wit and your own mug. Bonus points to anyone who compliments the Quizmistress on her new haircut.

And remember, the Quizmistress'word is final.

connieb19
22-Jan-06, 18:33
Roll on next Sunday night.... this should be fun :D

squidge
22-Jan-06, 18:34
Oh great!!!!! The quiz is coming back - and with sassy to run it -i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

See you there folkies :):)

Sandra_B
22-Jan-06, 20:21
What time? I hope it's not until after I get the kids to bed.

spiggie
22-Jan-06, 20:58
how do you get into the chat rooms though as i seem to be having a bit of trouble..?

laguna2
23-Jan-06, 17:19
.. can you just remind me - who makes final decisions?????? :D

larcc
23-Jan-06, 18:36
It will be nice to see the quiz back, I did the first one years ago and it was fun.
Would be good to get it up and running again. I agree people who won did not like the thought of running the quiz the following week, that is why it died out.
It used to be on a Thursday night, but Sunday is better!!!
Hope To Be There!

sassylass
24-Jan-06, 01:41
.. can you just remind me - who makes final decisions?????? :D

tut tut you won't be getting many points with such a short memory.

love, THE QUIZMISTRESS *hint hint*

scrapydoo
27-Jan-06, 14:42
tut tut you won't be getting many points with such a short memory.

love, THE QUIZMISTRESS *hint hint*
So where will you be getting the questions for the quiz from lol

landmarker
27-Jan-06, 23:15
I'll endeavour to be there. I like a good quiz.

connieb19
29-Jan-06, 15:49
Is everyone remembering about the quiz tonight...
I'm afraid I can't be there because I still cannot get into he chat rooms grrr.... I was looking forward to it too[mad]

ice box
29-Jan-06, 16:36
Have you contact colin he should be able to help cant have you missing out on a good night now

Niall Fernie
29-Jan-06, 16:45
Connie, I deleted your account so you could sign up again. Still having problems?

Moira
29-Jan-06, 22:50
Thanks to Sassylass for organising tonight's quiz - and to all the contestants for the good fun. Roll on next week - Rheghead is in charge - must go & swot now - don't want to incur the Master's wrath! [para]

rich62_uk
29-Jan-06, 23:16
Thanks to Sassylass for organising tonight's quiz - and to all the contestants for the good fun. Roll on next week - Rheghead is in charge - must go & swot now - don't want to incur the Master's wrath! [para]

Great quiz really funny and well run, thanks sassy for a good night ! Trish.

Rheghead
30-Jan-06, 00:21
- must go & swot now - don't want to incur the Master's wrath! [para]

Quite right! And don't forget your Etruscan pottery revision, you never know when you'll need it![lol]

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 00:24
Aaahhhhhhhhhh I can't find the quiz room. Where is it?
Never done this before though so hows it work? Final question - Is quizmistresses word final???????????:lol:

rich62_uk
30-Jan-06, 00:26
Aaahhhhhhhhhh I can't find the quiz room. Where is it?
Never done this before though so hows it work? Final question - Is quizmistresses word final???????????:lol:

Yes and I would imagine rheghead will look great in that dress........Trish.

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 01:24
Ok ok I kinda didn't read the thread properly and didn't realise how old the postings were. Eek! Sorry. lol. But I still need those questions answered pleeeaaaaase!

golach
30-Jan-06, 01:29

Moira I agree it was a great night, Sassy you were a wee gem

wilma
30-Jan-06, 11:25
Heard it was a good night well done sassylass i could'nt be there maybe the next one .

krieve
30-Jan-06, 11:56
aww i forgot all about the quiz grrrr i am annoyed with myself i would forget my own head lol

squidge
30-Jan-06, 12:14
It was fun fun fun fun fun

krieve
30-Jan-06, 12:20
It was fun fun fun fun fun
Great i canna believe i forgot i had been swatting up as well. lol lol

DrSzin
30-Jan-06, 13:22
So... Who won?

Saveman
30-Jan-06, 13:48
Rheghead won. So he's gonna be quizmastering next week, same time same place.
Be there or be somewhere else

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 14:53
So tell me how to get there then and I will.
I take it it's in the chat room????????????????

krieve
30-Jan-06, 15:57
So tell me how to get there then and I will.
I take it it's in the chat room????????????????
yes it's in the chat rooms go to the orange pull down menu that says caithness.org go to chat room and there is the quiz room in the chat rooms .

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 16:00
Thankyou Krieve, it's very nice that someone actually took the time to explain that to me. [mad] Thank you, thank you, thankyou. And just because noone else helped me out there, I'm gonna beat the pants of you all next week and make you all look like thicko's. :D

krieve
30-Jan-06, 16:02
Thankyou Krieve, it's very nice that someone actually took the time to explain that to me. [mad] Thank you, thank you, thankyou. And just because noone else helped me out there, I'm gonna beat the pants of you all next week and make you all look like thicko's. :D
No bother hope you understood what i was meaning lol

golach
30-Jan-06, 16:06

if you are that smart, how could you not find your way into the chat room without help???? :roll:
But welcome next week ...an we will see how good you are and hold you to this bragging :Razz

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 17:00
if you are that smart, how could you not find your way intothe chat room without help????
But welcome next week ...an we will see how good you are and hold you to this bragging

Ok 1) Didn't realise it was in the actual chat room, it's not a place I frequent very often. :p
2) I'm kinda flying down to my mums on saturday and while I would normally log on using her puter, I can't cos I'm going out to dinner with my mum and my brother and sisters cos it's my mums birthday on sunday. I forgot!!!! Ooops!

So now you'll all have to tremble in your boots until the following sunday when you should all be prepared to lose, lose, lose - big time.
Go porshie it's ya birthday, go porshie it's ya birthday!!!!!!:confused

connieb19
30-Jan-06, 19:15
Ok 1) Didn't realise it was in the actual chat room, it's not a place I frequent very often. :p
2) I'm kinda flying down to my mums on saturday and while I would normally log on using her puter, I can't cos I'm going out to dinner with my mum and my brother and sisters cos it's my mums birthday on sunday. I forgot!!!! Ooops!

So now you'll all have to tremble in your boots until the following sunday when you should all be prepared to lose, lose, lose - big time.
Go porshie it's ya birthday, go porshie it's ya birthday!!!!!!:confusedout for dinner..don't forget about the diet..lol:roll:

Moira
05-Feb-06, 15:41
Hope you're all remembering about this. I'm preparing myself for another public humiliation - but I'm still blaming the Broadband connection for letting me down :roll:

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 15:50
Hope you're all remembering about this. I'm preparing myself for another public humiliation - but I'm still blaming the Broadband connection for letting me down :roll:me too, I think i might have won if my pooter didn't let me down so badly...lol:roll:

Rheghead
05-Feb-06, 16:51
8.30pm in the quiz chatroom, be there or be square:grin:

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 16:54
8.30pm in the quiz chatroom, be there or be square:grin:Go easy on us Rheghead..don't make the questions too hard..:eyes

wickerinca
05-Feb-06, 18:59
Would love to be there but have a prior committment. I'll be there next week though so you will have to put up with porshiepoo and me!!

Hope that you have a great time tonight!!:D

Moira
05-Feb-06, 19:04
Would love to be there but have a prior committment. I'll be there next week though so you will have to put up with porshiepoo and me!!

Hope that you have a great time tonight!!:D

Shame on you for choosing a turkey dinner over the Quiz! [disgust] Looking forward to knocking spots (lol) off you & Porshie next week :grin:

wickerinca
05-Feb-06, 19:16
Shame on you for choosing a turkey dinner over the Quiz! [disgust] Looking forward to knocking spots (lol) off you & Porshie next week :grin:

Just you wait lady!!...we'll see who's pooter gets the most work to do!!![lol] [lol]

rich62_uk
05-Feb-06, 19:20
Hope you're all remembering about this. I'm preparing myself for another public humiliation - but I'm still blaming the Broadband connection for letting me down :roll:

I so know where you are coming from ! Same thing here ........[lol] Trish.

landmarker
05-Feb-06, 21:41
I had difficulty logging onto the chat. It proved impossible so I gave up after about seven attempts. Will go back and try an eighth ........

Rheghead
05-Feb-06, 23:22
I had difficulty logging onto the chat. It proved impossible so I gave up after about seven attempts. Will go back and try an eighth ........

If you try with Internet explorer it might let you on. I am on AOL and it blocked me so I tried with IE5 with success.

Moira
05-Feb-06, 23:57
Thanks to Rheghead for a well run quiz - still a bit miffed that I spent all afternoon studying Etruscan pottery and not one question came up [mad]
Congrats to Graham from Canada for winning even though he didn't come in until Q11. Looks like Wickerinca may have an advantage next week then - with a fellow Canadian in the chair :cry: OK - off to google Canada for the rest of the week.
Hope Connie untwists herself by next week ;)

golach
06-Feb-06, 00:41

Go porshie it's ya birthday, go porshie it's ya birthday!!!!!!:confused

Whazzup Porshie? You chicken out then, typical of a wuman, glad you were the only one ....the rest o us had a great time