PDA

View Full Version : OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6

Zambo
24-Jul-03, 18:44
Hi guys.

Since upgrading to Win XP and OE6, I am having problems receiving e-mails with attachments.

I can send and receive e-mails - no problem. However, when someone sends me an e-mail with an attachment - I can read the e-mail, but not the attachment. There is a message to say that Outlook Express has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail.

Any ideas? :o)

Colin Manson
24-Jul-03, 19:10
Lo,

Go to -

Tools - Options - Security

In the first section called Virus Protection the bottom box has a tick in it, remove the tick. It's just above the Secure Mail options.

Cheers
Colin

Zambo
24-Jul-03, 20:39
Lo,

Go to -

Tools - Options - Security

In the first section called Virus Protection the bottom box has a tick in it, remove the tick. It's just above the Secure Mail options.

Cheers
Colin

Colin - thank you so much! I am ashamed to say that I work on an Internet technical helpdesk......but I just couldn't figure this one out!!!! :confused :lol:

Naefearjustbeer
24-Jul-03, 20:42
I got caught out with that one as well it took me quite a while to sus it out :D

Zambo
24-Jul-03, 20:45
I got caught out with that one as well it took me quite a while to sus it out :D

Umm, if I said that I knew there was a setting.......and I just forgot for a second....would you all believe me? :lol: :lol:

George Brims
24-Jul-03, 20:46
A better answer would have been to say GET RID OF OUTLOOK ALTOGETHER! Outlook and Outlook Express are both highly vulnerable to virus/worm attacks, to the point where our systems guy here won't let anyone use them. Our campus was badly hit by the SIRCAM worm a couple of years ago - it exploited the insecure nature of Outlook to send itself to everyone in the first recipient's Outlook address book. Unfortunately some helpful soul at the office that compiles the campus phone book had compiled and circulated an Outlook address file for the whole campus.

Whatever you use for email. make sure you have a good virus protection program installed.