PDA

View Full Version : photo wanted

dachs4
04-Nov-08, 18:57
I was wondering if anyone in thurso, could possibly have any old photos of residents of thurso around1920,s to 1960_1970 i am trying to find one of my grandfather, his name is Andrew Mcphee( known as andy dachan to local residents )
he was brought up in shore street, then moved to holborn avenue, when he married, he was in the vetenary corps around 1945, if any one can help please get in touch thankyou

trinkie
04-Nov-08, 19:28
Hi Dachs4,
I hope you are successful in getting a photo of your grandfather. To help in the search, do you know if he belonged to any group - church, Salvation Army, where he worked, Scouts, pipe band, anywhere at all that there could possibly be a photo.
... boats, fisherman, cooper - any ideas ? even Local Character.
Could there ever have been a picture of him in the Groat for some reason - there are plenty old Groats in the Library Archives.

good luck
Trinkie.

hell raizer
04-Nov-08, 23:50
hi, there was old gala footage here maybe a month ago, there was a lorry about dachan brew on it your grandfather was on the lorry. i,ve looked for it but can't find it maybe someone else will be able to help you.

Scunner
05-Nov-08, 00:39
Is this the film you are looking for

There is a short film on the following Scottish Screen Archive link showing the Thurso Gala Day of 1953.
http://ssa.nls.uk/film.cfm?fid=3721

hell raizer
05-Nov-08, 11:23
thanks scunner, thats the clip i was looking for :)

dachs4
05-Nov-08, 16:49
thankyou for film, i am delighted to say my grandad was included in this film, along with my uncle, and dad, i am now trying to get photo of gala 53 thankyou dachs4