PDA

View Full Version : Driving Instructors - Thurso

dragonfly
04-Nov-08, 11:47
Hi

I've had a look in the Business section and have been in touch with a couple of driving schools in and around Thurso but does anyone have any personal recommendations of instructors for teenagers?

grateful for any responses to help make decision simpler ;)

young
04-Nov-08, 12:04
I would recommend John or Nicola Mowat.
I learnt to drive with John and he was very good, always patient and put me at ease straight away as i was sometimes quite nervous.
I passed my test first time to.:)

pirateeye
04-Nov-08, 13:15
Brian Gordon he is really good and has paitence to.:D:D

chamb
04-Nov-08, 16:22
I would recommend John or Nicola Mowat.
I learnt to drive with John and he was very good, always patient and put me at ease straight away as i was sometimes quite nervous.
I passed my test first time to.:)

I too would reccomend Nicola, she tought me and I also passed first time, mind you it was 10 years ago.

kath
05-Nov-08, 21:47
Myself and my Husband both learnt with Nicola.

Great instructor, we both passed first time.

;)

Aussiewicker
05-Nov-08, 21:59
John or Nicola Mowat!

See a trend emerging here...? :grin:

highlander101
06-Nov-08, 03:27
John or Nicola Mowat a must very good!!;)

Thumper
07-Nov-08, 13:21
I would recommend Brians school for motoring,hes very good and goes out of his way to make learning easy!My son is with him at the moment and has learnt very quickly x

Goldie
07-Nov-08, 17:45
Hi there, my daughter is learning with Nicola Mowatt - she is really great - she gives great confidence and is really helpful over arranging lessons to fit in with what suits you. I know her husband is a driving instructor too so if you have a son, he may prefer John, but they are both really great. Hope this helps cheers Goldie

lsk24
12-Nov-08, 17:49
i started with eric gunn he is very good (busy tho) then gave up and back at them with brian gordon who i would highly recommend. He keeps a slot for you the same time every week which was a bonus. got my test coming up very soon!!

eric pollard
18-Nov-08, 12:54
both my wife and i used eric gunn after trying other people and he is by far the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anneoctober
18-Nov-08, 13:53
both my wife and i used eric gunn after trying other people and he is by far the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Eric - have you got Eric Gunn's 'phone number?

eric pollard
18-Nov-08, 16:56
yes i do 892219

emszxr
18-Nov-08, 17:42
learning to drive already. how the years fly by.

dragonfly
18-Nov-08, 17:55
yes they certainly do Emszxr! no wee for long (thank god!!) your's will be there shortly :lol:

emszxr
18-Nov-08, 19:26
ssshhh, the oldest has a quad and that is bad enough. not quite as good a driver as her mum ;)

BazzaG
19-Nov-08, 09:58
I would highly recommend John Mowat,

chessor
22-Nov-08, 09:57
I would highly recommend Nicola Mowat. I took lessons with her this year and i passed my test first time in September. Being a bit older when i started my lessons, i had little confidence in myself, but Nicola was a great instructor, very patient and a good teacher.

M R
30-Dec-08, 23:33
John Mowat. Very good

dragonfly
31-Dec-08, 09:43
thnaks for recommendations folks, she is now booked up for lessons in Jan so make sure you're safely off the streets of thurso!!!