PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear: Truck destruction

percy toboggan
03-Nov-08, 18:17
Did anyone see this?
I tuned in for the lorry content and wasn't disappointed. It was very entertaining stuff. I do not usually watch Top Gear, but I like some aspects of the arrested development of the presenters which works well and I find myself laughing out loud at times - gosh!

Clarkson's cab really rocked back when he hit that wall of bricks - but what else did he expect...? The dog kennel serving as a 'bonnet' was a real hoot too. As was the hill-start with prized possession at risk.

I think the 'Killing Prostitutes' gag was used once too often but apart from that the prog. was well worth watching. I think all the guys made too much of not being able to drive the things...butn that was probably the Producer's suggestion to increase the entertainment value.
Good telly!

hotrod4
03-Nov-08, 18:20
I love top gear and think its hilarious and Informative.
the lorry thing was good, it looked like lot of fun was had by all :)
Its a program that doesnt take itself too seriously, but still gets its point across.
Jezza is hilarious, James May is public schoolboy and the Hamster just loves winding them both up! ;)

Bad Manners
03-Nov-08, 20:25
Have to agree percy it is always entertaining I agree that the killing prostitutes gag went on to long but that aside it was a good show still woudnt let them loose on the road though.

Angel
03-Nov-08, 22:19
Top gear is unmisable... we know it's all done for telly but seeing my boy crack up in hysterics is worth the licence fee alone...
I have to say the last series was a lot tamer than the previous ones, but if this series continues with the same pace as the first episode then bring it on... and anyway the Hamster is kinda cute...

Angel

Wellies
03-Nov-08, 22:35
I thought it was a brilliant programme. Long may they continue.

TBH
03-Nov-08, 23:16
I liked the episode where Sabine Schmitt completed the Nurburgring in 10" 8' driving a Ford transit van in trying to beat Clarkson's lap time. She must have given Clarkson a fright, his lap-time was 9"59' in a Jaguar S-type diesel.[lol]

Mik.M.
03-Nov-08, 23:19
As former "Lorryist",it was very entertaining seeing thier attempts at driving the trucks. Just wish I could have messed about like them when I worked in London. Smashing badly parked vehicles out of the way wuold be great fun.

Penelope Pitstop
04-Nov-08, 11:19
Top gear is great, it's the presenters that "make" it IMO.

However, on breakfast telly news this morning the "BBC are under fire" again for the Clarkson lorry driver "joke". From memory, 500 people have complained....watch out here comes another Brand / Ross saga....:(

Ash
04-Nov-08, 13:12
Top gear is great, it's the presenters that "make" it IMO.

However, on breakfast telly news this morning the "BBC are under fire" again for the Clarkson lorry driver "joke". From memory, 500 people have complained....watch out here comes another Brand / Ross saga....:(

god people complain about everything these days!!!!
i found it funny
love jeremy clarkson........ and the whole brand/ross saga!!!

2little2late
04-Nov-08, 15:48
Such a shame Clarkson wasn't seriously injured when the truck hit the brick wall. Really HATE this self centred, big headed, idiot. His head is absolutely bigger than his ego. Never watch top gear. Purely because I do not like any of the presenters. The thing that put me off Clarkson for good was when he boasted about breaking the speed limit! [disgust] [disgust]

Ash
04-Nov-08, 16:16
Such a shame Clarkson wasn't seriously injured when the truck hit the brick wall. Really HATE this self centred, big headed, idiot. His head is absolutely bigger than his ego. Never watch top gear. Purely because I do not like any of the presenters. The thing that put me off Clarkson for good was when he boasted about breaking the speed limit! [disgust] [disgust]

what an awful comment to make u wish he was injured![evil]

jings00
04-Nov-08, 17:17

no very nice o Clarkson to say.....murder a prostitute......????

Dog-eared
04-Nov-08, 17:30
Sabine Schmidt racing Transit at Nurnburgring on youtube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pklvKKnd0

poppett
04-Nov-08, 17:33
If you missed it on Sunday it is repeated tomorrow night at 7pm on BBC2

Ash
04-Nov-08, 17:44
no very nice o Clarkson to say.....murder a prostitute......????

i never said it was nice but everyone complains about everything!! its ridiculous it really is!

Sporran
04-Nov-08, 18:28
My hubby, sons and I all LOVE Top Gear! We watch it every week here on BBC America, but the episodes are older ones, so we haven't seen the truck one yet. It's highly entertaining, and much better than the original Top Gear series. I love the way the presenters all interact with each other, and they remind me of "little boys with big toys" at times! [lol]

I have to admit I found Jeremy Clarkson a bit annoying at first, but he "grew" on me, and I like him now. James May looks like he stepped straight out of the 70s, and he's got a great voice. Richard Hammond is just too adorable for words! He looks so cute with those big eyes of his, and I feel as if I'd like to grab him out of the TV screen and give him a big hug! :lol:

hotrod4
04-Nov-08, 18:34
Such a shame Clarkson wasn't seriously injured when the truck hit the brick wall. Really HATE this self centred, big headed, idiot. His head is absolutely bigger than his ego. Never watch top gear. Purely because I do not like any of the presenters. The thing that put me off Clarkson for good was when he boasted about breaking the speed limit! [disgust]

I dont know about your planet but the TV's on My planet has a button labelled "off" and also it has other channels to watch,if you dont like whats on one channel.May i suggest you use it, or if you dont watch the show how do you know what happens on it? ;)

Wishing someone was seriously hurt in an accident is knuckle scraping,neanderathal attitude. I dont like some people but dont wish that even on my Worst enemies.

A little tact and diplomacy goes a long way. [disgust]

hotrod4
04-Nov-08, 18:38
Can see this going the same way as the ross and brand disaster.
This morning there was 180 complaints by mid afternoon it had risen to over 500. Why? Purely because all those complaints came from people who didnt watch the show and are merely jumping on the bandwagon to complain about something they would never have watched in a million years!(but feel that they have to complain to save society from ruin!!!!!)

Mary Whitehouse must've had alot of illegitimate children to make all those complaints!! [lol]

2little2late
04-Nov-08, 20:06
I dont know about your planet but the TV's on My planet has a button labelled "off" and also it has other channels to watch,if you dont like whats on one channel.May i suggest you use it, or if you dont watch the show how do you know what happens on it? ;)

Wishing someone was seriously hurt in an accident is knuckle scraping,neanderathal attitude. I dont like some people but dont wish that even on my Worst enemies.

A little tact and diplomacy goes a long way. [disgust]

If you read my post properly it does mention that I don't watch top Gear.
So it's alright for Ego Clarkson to condone lorry drivers to kill prostitutes then?

2little2late
04-Nov-08, 20:08

Not as sick as truckers killing prostitutes then?

TBH
04-Nov-08, 20:20
Sabine Schmidt racing Transit at Nurnburgring on youtube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pklvKKnd0Cheers for that Dog-eared, great to see it again. That poor transit.[lol]

percy toboggan
04-Nov-08, 21:05
The Prostitute gag was fairly funny - once.
To repeat it, I think twice more was stupid.
I didn't complain, because I was not offended.
This didn't go out live and I think the further references could have been edited out.(it wasn't funny anymore Jeremy)

Lorry Drivers as the butt of jokes should be tough enough and thick skinned enough as a collective to take it in fairly good humour...the first time I hear any of these so called big name performers have a swipe at some tenet of the Islamic religion then I'll know we're on a level playing field.

Eehhh...I could murder a bag of Pork Scratchin's or a bacon butty.

(similar sentiments in a different context were expressed in this mornings Daily Mail)

hotrod4
04-Nov-08, 21:44
If you read my post properly it does mention that I don't watch top Gear.
So it's alright for Ego Clarkson to condone lorry drivers to kill prostitutes then?

If (as I have) you watched the programme he didnt condone killing prostitutes it was merely a phrase that he inserted when explaining how to drive a truck, i.e How difficult it was. Not condoning in the slightest.
But that is my point how can people judge when they havent even seen the show? They are only going on hearsay as opposed to truth and fact.

golach
04-Nov-08, 21:54
If (as I have) you watched the programme he didnt condone killing prostitutes it was merely a phrase that he inserted when explaining how to drive a truck, i.e How difficult it was. Not condoning in the slightest.
But that is my point how can people judge when they havent even seen the show? They are only going on hearsay as opposed to truth and fact.
You dont need to have seen the programme (I have as well) , all you have to do is download you tube, its all there for all to see and hear. just search jeremy clarkson prostitute, and it is as easy as that to hear him not say it once but more than once. nothing to do with how hard it is to drive a Truck.

TBH
04-Nov-08, 22:32
I don't think any of the murdered girls families will think that Clarkson's so-called joke was very funny but then again, if they don't like it they can always switch off. This seems to be a common defence of the falling standard of decency shown by certain employees of the BBC.:roll: