PDA

View Full Version : new cafe by thurso beach

Mr P Cannop
03-Nov-08, 15:50
does any have a name and phone number for this new cafe ??

scorpion
03-Nov-08, 18:27
why would you need a phone number for a cafe

laguna2
03-Nov-08, 18:36
... perhaps so that he can check their opening times?

Mr P Cannop
03-Nov-08, 18:47
so i can call and book my table for tomorrow any one know the phone number ??

Solus
03-Nov-08, 21:19
If its the Tempest cafe -

http://www.tempestsurf.co.uk/cafe.html

Penelope Pitstop
03-Nov-08, 21:26
I think it is called the Pavillion Restaurant.

rfr10
03-Nov-08, 21:26
I think he means the new cafe which is alongside the beach in Thurso.

Afraid I don't know. Is is necessary to book a table though? I'm sure they will have pleanty room for you to just drop in unless you are planning having more than six people.

Mr P Cannop
04-Nov-08, 09:35
last time i was in i was told they get busy about 12pm time

The Pepsi Challenge
30-Dec-08, 04:14
Went yesterday. The backside was out on one of the seats (I'm no' that fat), it took half an hour to get served (does it really take thirty minutes to serve a bowl of soup that's already been made?), the burger was burnt (£6.50?!), and the perennial opening-closing of the door that led into the surf-shop - where you pay for your food - destroyed anything resembling an atmosphere. There was also a downside.

Metalattakk
30-Dec-08, 04:29
Went yesterday. The backside was out on one of the seats (I'm no' that fat), it took half an hour to get served (does it really take thirty minutes to serve a bowl of soup that's already been made?), the burger was burnt (£6.50?!), and the perennial opening-closing of the door that led into the surf-shop - where you pay for your food - destroyed anything resembling an atmosphere. There was also a downside.

Maybe you should clarify which restaurant you were in Pepsi - The Pavilion Cafe on the esplanade doesn't have a surf-shop attached, The Tempest, down by the harbour where the old Ship's Chandler's shop was, does. ;)

slinky
30-Dec-08, 15:23
went in for a bacon 2 rashers each we got on 2 slices of bread takeaway and tin of coke each .few penniess from a tenner bacon wasnt even cooked was cold me and my mate said we would of been better going to lidls got 24 bacon rolls for at and 2 pepsis

cazmanian_minx
30-Dec-08, 16:01
Both times I've been into the Pavilion it's been excellent. Great food (especially the curried chicken panini!) and they're extremely generous with the cream and marshmallows on top of the hot chocolate!

The Pepsi Challenge
30-Dec-08, 16:14
Maybe you should clarify which restaurant you were in Pepsi - The Pavilion Cafe on the esplanade doesn't have a surf-shop attached, The Tempest, down by the harbour where the old Ship's Chandler's shop was, does. ;)

My comments would have left no-one in any real doubt as to where I was talking about.

Penelope Pitstop
30-Dec-08, 20:17
My comments would have left no-one in any real doubt as to where I was talking about.

Aye, but was best to clarify though....as it wouldn't be fair to dish the dirt on a cafe/restaurant if it wasn't them that served it up ;)

The Pepsi Challenge
31-Dec-08, 03:52
It's Caithness for surf's sake: everyone assumes you know what they're on about.

Alice in Blunderland
31-Dec-08, 08:24
It's Caithness for surf's sake: everyone assumes you know what they're on about.

Aye your right its Caithness .............. if they dont know it they will still pass info on right wrong or just plain crazy. ;)

webmannie
31-Dec-08, 10:52

Typical journalist, clarity please as not everyone is familiar with the local eating establishments. Many on this board are ex-pats and may have misinterpreted which place you were referring to. As 2009 is the year of 'homecoming' that could be detrimental to trade.
Now you naughty boy, go write 'I must write content that is clear and unambiguous' 1000 times and hand it into your editor when you get back to work.:rolleyes: