PDA

View Full Version : Strange Recipies

grantyg
20-Jan-06, 10:32
What strange food combos do you like!

I`m loving marmite sarnies with bacon, also sausage sarnie with marmite is good too!
I used to eat peanut butter butter and salad cream all the time when I was a teenager.

The other wierd but nice one was discovered at Dunnett camp site when chef pal made bananas wrapped in bacon on the BBQ now that was good!
Aparently Banana and bacon is one of the most comon pizza topings in new zealand.

jay
20-Jan-06, 11:47
dairylee cheese triangles, cucumber and banana - excellent!

connieb19
20-Jan-06, 18:36
Coco pops and mayo sandwiches..Yummy :Razz

teddybear1873
20-Jan-06, 18:42
Crunchy peanut butter with cheese slices

jings00
20-Jan-06, 18:44
cheese and ingan piece with honey/or jam
chocolate digestives and cheese
I tried a treacle piece after seeing Oor Wullie scoffin one in one o the books but didny care for it much (lot of years ago, mind)

Saveman
20-Jan-06, 20:02
I seen someone dip their chips into the cream on top of their hot chocolate in Somerfield cafe. Strange but true.

nightowl
20-Jan-06, 20:03
Dairylea cheese, tomato and a warm softly boiled egg all on a roll - to die for!!

stekar
20-Jan-06, 22:36
Cheese and tomato in a currant teacake. The tomatoes make the currants go all zingy!

krieve
21-Jan-06, 22:41
I just noticed this tonight my 3 year old dipping his prawn crackers in to his pepsi. yyyuuuukkkkk.

Fesman
22-Jan-06, 05:48
Aparently Banana and bacon is one of the most comon pizza topings in new zealand.

I have seen the odd place that offers banana as a pizza topping, but it hardly qualifies as a common choice, let alone one of the most common.

Bacon is a bit more popular, but still not up there as a major choice.

I suspect that most Kiwis stick with the old standbys of Hawaiian (which has Pineapple and Ham on it) Pizza or a traditional Italian Pizza.

I quite like Smoked Salmon and Avocado toppings :)

M.V Girl Erin
22-Jan-06, 11:46
Chocolate spread and Strawberry/Raspberry Jam

shrek_donkey
22-Jan-06, 12:11
Coco pops and mayo sandwiches..Yummy :Razz

Connie have you tried coco pops and tomato sauce:D

janette
22-Jan-06, 12:23
Found this handwritten recipe in an old cookery book:

DRINK

1/4 lb Tartaric Acid
1/4 lb Cream of Tartar
1/4 lb Epson Salts (powder form)
1/4 lb Baking Soda
1/2 lb Icing Sugar

A full teaspoonful in 1/2 tumblerful of cold water every morning

JAWS
22-Jan-06, 12:49
I don't know if it's common anywhere else, but Yorkshire folks eat Christmas Cake and Cheese together.

Was talked into trying it once!
Then twice, then three times and four and five.

As a Lancashire Lad I hate to admit there's owt gud 'bout Tykes but on this occasion I make an exception. :grin:

Try it at Christmas and see.

krieve
22-Jan-06, 13:53
Connie have you tried coco pops and tomato sauce:D
I think i will take your word for that is it nice

DW
22-Jan-06, 14:14
Here's a really topical recipe
Whale Steak

4 portions
4 slices of whalemeat @ 150 - 180 g
Salt and pepper, preferably freshly ground
4 onion rings
2 dessert spoonfulls of finely diced green or red peppers
1 dessert spoonful of finely diced parsley
1 dessert spoonful of finely diced gherkins

Carve the meat into slices of about 1.5 to 2 cm thick, beat them with your hands and press them into shape. Preheat the frying pan and melt some butter in it. Brown the butter before adding the meat. Fry the steaks on both sides. Whale meat should be fried for about 4-5 minutes on each side. The steaks taste best when they are medium rare, but they should be warmed right through and not eaten raw. Serve the steaks on a plate, place an onion ring on each of them and fill it with peppers, parsley and gherkins. Potato scollops taste good together with the steaks. Serve with a bowl of good, crisp lettuce and salad.

Lots more like this here
http://www.highnorth.no/Library/Culture/Recipes/no-wh-me.htm

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 15:21
Scrapy snacks on toast lol hehehe

spiggie
22-Jan-06, 21:12
have you ever tried tuna on toast with banana on top of it? its quite nice actually, i kid you not! :)