PDA

View Full Version : Any Runrig fans here ?

arana negra
01-Nov-08, 11:54
A friend sent me some of their music on cd one of the tracks is a piano tune and I would like the name of it. Right now I cannot find the name of the cd either :( can anyone help ?

Thanks

Not really here to annoy you, honest :lol:

wifie
01-Nov-08, 14:13
Is it new style Runrig or original Runrig (Donnie Munro singing)? Do you have any words at all - oops or is it in gaelic?

arana negra
01-Nov-08, 14:31
Its the 'new' lineup no words at all just a lovely piano tune, my sister thinks its funeral music lol

goldenguernsey
01-Nov-08, 18:46
If it's a copy of a Runrig CD can you give us any other song titles on there?

goldenguernsey
01-Nov-08, 18:54
Could be "Angels from the Ashes" Do you have a song on there "Proterra"? "As I walk, along these shores, I am the history within,......... over land and sea, I'll come fighting for you"

Bobinovich
01-Nov-08, 19:24
Here (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FAtRbV8GUoI) it is on YouTube

arana negra
01-Nov-08, 19:59
AH you pair of smashers thats the one, I really like it :) If I had been allowed to learn piano everyone would be driven nuts with me playing it.!

This er place really is great folks, many many thanks from a wee Scot abroad.:D

Bazeye
24-Nov-09, 00:39
Next time you want to know the name of a song and artist ring 2580 on your mobile and hold it facing the song. It then texts you back with the answer. Costs 50p a shot though but if it cant recognise the song you wont be charged for it.

Invisible
24-Nov-09, 21:56
cant believe i over-looked a runrig thread. Proterra is my fav song and album. Toll Dubh is great although the words i dont know.

steeko
09-Dec-09, 21:30
Angels From The Ashes is beautiful.

Bartlett Boy
09-Dec-09, 22:36
runrig best scottish band ever great music very easy listen to first class what can i say

Boozeburglar
10-Dec-09, 11:16
Best Scottish band ever??????

I did not even get past the letter A in my quest for a better Scottish band than those dreadful purveyors of M.I.N.C.E, (Melancholia Inducing Neolithic Celtic Effluent), before finding a couple of acts that render Run Rig non starters..

Average White Band, (The Sensational) Alex Harvey Band..

Given thirty seconds more I am sure I would find many more. The question is, can I think of a worse Scottish band?

;)

Invisible
10-Dec-09, 12:10
Best Scottish band ever??????

I did not even get past the letter A in my quest for a better Scottish band than those dreadful purveyors of M.I.N.C.E, (Melancholia Inducing Neolithic Celtic Effluent), before finding a couple of acts that render Run Rig non starters..

Average White Band, (The Sensational) Alex Harvey Band..

Given thirty seconds more I am sure I would find many more. The question is, can I think of a worse Scottish band?

;)

Runrig must surely be up there with the likes of Big Country, Nazareth, Primal Scream etc.? You just need to go to a Runrig concert to appreciate the greatness. Fans from all over the globe trot to hear the band.

steeko
10-Dec-09, 17:29
Im not one for slagging off other bands, I just accept that everyone has different tastes and thank goodness for that. Nothing worse than someone bad mouthing a band/genre just because it doesnt fit into their grand scheme of things.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-Dec-09, 17:36
Runrig were a band that I heard about by watching a programme on STV.This band playing live at the Barrowlands in Glasgow.The audience were fairly jumping along anyway.Found out the next day that they werenae really everybodys cup of tea.
I'll give the guys their dues though,some of their songs were cracking.'A Dance called America',about the Highland clearances.'Protect and Survive',oh and ma favourite gaelic rock song,if there is such a thing,'Alba'.:)
Have one 'Live' Runrig album on vinyl.Good album.Lost them though music wise,not really my cup of tea.

Boozeburglar
11-Dec-09, 01:00
Sorry for the thread hijack!

The truth is I was a fan, back in the day.

They are the Celtic Showaddywaddy..

;)

northener
11-Dec-09, 22:46
If you like your rock music with a 'Scots' flavour, try these guys:

Saor Patrol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3PiNyRXhM

Gerritupye!

Invisible
18-Dec-09, 16:23
When listening to Angels from the Ashes earlier on today, I had to stop what I was doing, it just made me relax. Lovely tune

Bazeye
29-Jan-10, 00:18
If you like your rock music with a 'Scots' flavour, try these guys:

Saor Patrol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3PiNyRXhM

Gerritupye!

I thought they were going into Cozy Powells "Dance with the Devil" on the 2 minute 10 mark.

northener
29-Jan-10, 11:42
I thought they were going into Cozy Powells "Dance with the Devil" on the 2 minute 10 mark.

Not just me that noticed that, then:Razz

fender
02-Feb-10, 09:13
I like SAHB, but I also like Runrig. Which is better, only one way to find out ,FIGHT
(apologies to HH!)