PDA

View Full Version : Part of my weeks work.

North Light
31-Oct-08, 17:47
Ok, I've spent a chunk of my time over the last week sorting out a website for my photography, it's still a bit ragged round the edges, the text is very much work in progress, (Would help if I could spell!), but it's ready for comments and criticism!

www.heilanlight.com

Retreats rapidly putting on Flak jacket and donning helmet!:eek:

wicker05
31-Oct-08, 18:34
Ok, I've spent a chunk of my time over the last week sorting out a website for my photography, it's still a bit ragged round the edges, the text is very much work in progress, (Would help if I could spell!), but it's ready for comments and criticism!

www.heilanlight.com (http://www.heilanlight.com)

Retreats rapidly putting on Flak jacket and donning helmet!:eek:

North Light - no need for Flak Jacket and helmet.....superb site. Beautiful photographs. Well done! :)

Raven
31-Oct-08, 19:45
Great site, it shows off your skills beautifully!

Did you not fancy building one from scratch?

arana negra
31-Oct-08, 19:50
Its lovely, clean clear and easy to navigate with super photos, thanks for letting us see them :)

North Light
31-Oct-08, 21:33
Thank you all for your comments, they are much appreciated.

Raven,
Yes, but at the moment I don't have the time, so the quick route was appropriate.

wifie
31-Oct-08, 22:38
Fabulous - will have a good look round there! :)

Deemac
03-Nov-08, 09:34
Looks great Northlight, well done. Something I must do myself one of these days!! I'd love to know how you get on with the site regarding sales and commissions etc.

Anyone else any experiences there willing to share?

North Light
03-Nov-08, 10:01
Deemac,
Thanks for your comments, I will let you know how I get on, Sales of prints etc at present is only through RedBubble, and I need to do more work in that direction, next phase is to look to a Stock site, then I will add some text about commissions.

Torvaig
03-Nov-08, 10:19
Northlight, your images are beautiful; well done!
"Kenmore Window" is one of my favourites......

Mik.M.
03-Nov-08, 23:43
Wonderful photos North Light. We seem to have more than our fair share of talented photographers up here. It`s great

psyberyeti
04-Nov-08, 00:28
hmmmm ... Not bad. 9/10, could do better!:lol:

Yup, fantastic photos Jamie.:cool:

Kodiak
04-Nov-08, 00:49
North Light, may I make a suggedtion. Put on all your pictures an faint set of lettering, saying Copyright or Heilan' Light. Brfore you say anything I know you have the right click disabled but this will not stop people still downloading your Pictures as there are other ways to do this. I have pasted below one of your Pictures with heilan' Light on it, just to show how easy it is to get around the disabled right click, almost transparant but you can still see it and this should help to stop your prints being nicked.:-

http://i36.tinypic.com/2vj93js.jpg

North Light
04-Nov-08, 11:22
Kodiak,
I appreciate your comments, It's trying to strike the balance between protecting the image and allowing people to see the image. I chose not to watermark as I think the photographs look better without, instead I am relying on the image size and resolution as protection, you can print, but you will only get a quality print of a small size.

psyberyeti,

Err, could do better, err, right, I promise I will try harder next time, wanders off trying to pull socks up at same time.

Appreciate the comments.