PDA

View Full Version : Big Thank You!

Lou
31-Oct-08, 13:37
A big THANK YOU to everyone for their interest and fantastic support over the sale of our house (Mount Pleasant, Watten). We have now SOLD!

I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of selling, to advertise privately first, before signing any open-ended contracts with an estate agent. We were tied in to a local agent initially (for 18 months!), and although had interest nothing ever came to a conclusion. In hindsight we feel a lot of this was down to mis-communication and not dealing direct with interested parties. In less than a month of private advertising on caithness.org and a classified ad on ebay, we now have a concluded bargain. There are still lots of people out there looking for a change of lifestyle, but watch out for the time-wasters!

Good luck to everyone out there who is selling their house. What a nightmare - but its a good feeling when it gets there in the end!!

Lou x :D

anneoctober
31-Oct-08, 15:21
I would have thought that Watten was a very desirable place to live - of course being brought up in the "model" village, I could be biased....;) Glad you got a sale Lou. :)

arana negra
31-Oct-08, 15:22
WHOOOO HOOOOO next step on the road now :)

binbob
31-Oct-08, 16:21
many congratulations on this,lou.may u have a wonderful new life in ur new country very soon.
best wishes.:D

Valerie Campbell
31-Oct-08, 19:13
We're delighted for you. It's been a long road, on which we've accompanied you, and you deserve all the very best for your future in NZ. Good luck with everything, Lou & Co. We'll miss you.

A word of caution to others selling/buying. Although concluding the bargain is binding, it's only really over when the cheque comes through. Only then can you really relax. When we moved, we contemplated pulling out with only 12 hours to go because the paperwork we'd been promised wasn't in place. We would have been penalised obviously but we were furious. It was only thanks to an outstanding local lawyer that it all ended well. It's only when you get the money through that you're sale/purchase is complete.