PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Bed and Breakfast

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-08, 12:07
Does anyone have any contact numbers for Edinburgh B&B for the 17th 18th and 19th November.
reasonbly priced and near the airport ,train station would be good.:Razz
Would it be cheaper to bus, train, or fly down?:confused
Regards KM

joxville
31-Oct-08, 12:14
I think Golach would be best one to ask Kevin. Try pm-ing him.

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-08, 12:22
Cheers Jox.
I will do that.:D

Gizmo
31-Oct-08, 12:27
Train is the cheapest travel option, and the cheapest way to do it is to book online and buy two single tickets, a return ticket will cost you nearly £70 but two singles cost £13.80 each for the dates you listed.

canuck
31-Oct-08, 12:34
Clean and quiet, right beside the bus depot and not too far from the train station and bus to the airport - http://www.elderyork.co.uk/

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-08, 12:52
Clean and quiet, right beside the bus depot and not too far from the train station and bus to the airport - http://www.elderyork.co.uk/

They must be good.
Fully booked already.
Cheers KM

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-08, 13:04
Train is the cheapest travel option, and the cheapest way to do it is to book online and buy two single tickets, a return ticket will cost you nearly £70 but two singles cost £13.80 each for the dates you listed.

Thanks for that Gizmo.
I found the £13-80 ticket, but not sure which of the three stations are best for getting to the airport.:confused.
Its over 9 hours as well, does the train go via Pontypool.:lol:

Gizmo
31-Oct-08, 13:15
Thanks for that Gizmo.
I found the £13-80 ticket, but not sure which of the three stations are best for getting to the airport.:confused.

Yeah the 12.37 departure from Wick takes 9 1/2hrs but if you take the 06.22 train it's just under 8hrs, the 08.13 train also takes just under 8hrs but the cheap single tickets are not available for that journey.

ashaw1
31-Oct-08, 17:08
Thanks for that Gizmo.

The Gyle station is only a couple of miles from the airport, wouldn't be too expensive to get a taxi and it's situated right next to a large shopping centre. The other 2 stations are the Waverley which is at one end of Princes Street (Edinburgh's main shopping street) and Haymarket which is at the other end of the street and are probably around 6 miles from the airport.

golach
31-Oct-08, 17:18
The Gyle station is only a couple of miles from the airport, wouldn't be too expensive to get a taxi and it's situated right next to a large shopping centre. The other 2 stations are the Waverley which is at one end of Princes Street (Edinburgh's main shopping street) and Haymarket which is at the other end of the street and are probably around 6 miles from the airport.
Not every train stops at the Gyle, but all trains stop at both Haymarket and then Waverley, you can get the Airport bus outside both Stations a No100

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-08, 17:31
Thank you all for your help and advice on this one.
I have a good platform to work from.(no punn intended):lol:

Fran
01-Nov-08, 02:29
You could travel by train wick to Edinburgh return for £15. Now that's a bargain and I used that offer to go Wick-Aberdeen return.

Fran
06-Nov-08, 02:25
Travelodge rooms are only £9 AT THE MOMENT