PDA

View Full Version : Scorrie thinks he can fly.

cuddlepop
31-Oct-08, 10:38
Well there's never a dull moment when this big fella's about i can tell you.:lol:

The latest "new trick" is that he launches himself off any high object and lands like a sack of potatoes.Oh recliner is well and truely wrecked now.(not the dogs fault)
Birds are his favourite thing to go after and he desperatly jumps up and down like Zebbedy after them.Thankfully he alwas misses.

This was annoying but quiet amusing until we were speaking to the retired SSPCAA officer He was telling us about his friend old beardie who jumped out of an open first floor window after the wee birds.
Wee dog ended up with numerous broken bones but it still didnt stop him chasing wee birds,:roll:

Are Beardies just brainless?.:lol:

Torvaig
31-Oct-08, 11:46
He sounds hilarious! Maybe you should give him a parachute just in case he does try the upstairs launching pad! You have a happy dog there CP, well done! :)

Liz
31-Oct-08, 13:41
Hee hee! Scorrie is certainly a character who is just enjoying life and obviously very, very happy with you.:D

My dog Benjy, who is a Sheltie, is a bit of a nutter as well. He goes up onto the window sill to have a look out and, if I don't catch him in time,he will jump out of it.
I am very wary though since he fell and badly damaged a leg when he was a puppy.Mind you he was jumping at the door to get out at the time.:roll:

If we have to go out he goes into his indoor kennel where he is safe!

He also 'screams' as he runs out of the door at the speed of lightning into the back garden to chase the birds!

I let him out the other night and forgot that the back garden gate was closed, due to the high winds. I could almost hear him skid to a halt!!!
Thought we'd end up with one of those comedy style dog shapes in the gate!:lol:

So no it's not just beardies who are idiots Cuddlepop.lol

carasmam
31-Oct-08, 14:47
No it's not just beardies Cuddlepop. Just the other day I heard a story about a Boxer who did the same thing, but it was the doctor, not birds, that she launched herself out a 1st floor window at :eek:

cuddlepop
31-Oct-08, 15:46
No it's not just beardies Cuddlepop. Just the other day I heard a story about a Boxer who did the same thing, but it was the doctor, not birds, that she launched herself out a 1st floor window at :eek:

beautiful day here so decided to go for a spin over to Staffin.
In all the years I've lived her have never been to Lealt falls.
Scorrie is not afraid of heights......he's still with us just a little ruffled.:lol:

I must have had semi intelligent dogs before because he makes my other dogs look clever.

carasmam
31-Oct-08, 15:52
beautiful day here so decided to go for a spin over to Staffin.
In all the years I've lived her have never been to Lealt falls.
Scorrie is not afraid of heights......he's still with us just a little ruffled.:lol:

I must have had semi intelligent dogs before because he makes my other dogs look clever.

Hope you enjoyed your day out, would love to see pictures if you took any. Its a lovely day here too, got to make the most of them while we can.

Maybe Scorrie will get his brains yet :Razz he's just a young un lol

teenybash
31-Oct-08, 20:18
Scorrie sounds a terrific fun fella............there are years of happy hilarity in front of you....................Great stuff, keep these stories of his escapades coming!![lol]