PDA

View Full Version : Where would you live

cuddlepop
19-Jan-06, 22:10
If you could where would you live?Me, I'd be by a rocky sandy beach,living in a lighthouse with dogs for company and a horse to ride.Every now and again I'd drive into town and get my shoppong fix! what about you?:Razz

rfr10
19-Jan-06, 22:17
Somwhere hot and sunny with palmtrees and a big warm swimming pool and a badminton and tennis court.

golach
19-Jan-06, 22:19
Scrabster with SUN...if there ever was such a place [disgust]

fed-ex
19-Jan-06, 22:20
The big brother house

scrapydoo
19-Jan-06, 22:22
A haunted castle

rfr10
19-Jan-06, 22:23
I'd never want to live there. Well maybe if there were no cameras spying on you 24hrs a day. (I mean the BB house)

scrapydoo
19-Jan-06, 22:27
who would you want in it with you fedex .

fed-ex
19-Jan-06, 22:31
who would you want in it with you fedex .Thats up to the public i think.

landmarker
19-Jan-06, 22:31
I'd live in Morar, or Back of Keppoch, near Arisaig. Sunsets to die for.
Might do one day, who knows. Nowhere else other than Scotland appeals to me/us.

porshiepoo
19-Jan-06, 22:35
If we won the lottery tomorrow and money was no object, I'd still stay here. We absolutely love it and wouldn't move for all the tea in china.
However, a summer house in Australia would be nice.

stekar
19-Jan-06, 22:38
We'd stay here too! Get some amazing sunrises and sunsets here aswell. Magic!

squidge
19-Jan-06, 22:48
Ardnamurchan or here i think

Mamabear
19-Jan-06, 23:11
I think id have to go to La Corunna in N.W Spain(this is all lotto funded right?) coz ive got a mate who lives there , they say its much like here but they talk different-figures really eh:lol:

Kenn
19-Jan-06, 23:35
If I was 10yrs younger then Drumbeg but now would settle any where from Dunnet Bay to Canisby , views to die for and folk as warm as the best summer day.

connieb19
19-Jan-06, 23:38
It would have to be the Lochdu Hotel for me.... I think it is lovely up there :D

teddybear1873
20-Jan-06, 00:01
Eilean Donan castle. always wanted to spend a night there
Oregan USA, lovely there too.

Oddquine
20-Jan-06, 01:14
I've just moved to where I've wanted to live for years......in the middle of a field in Caithness..........though the field part wasn't an essential element in my dream. :cool:

angela5
20-Jan-06, 01:41
Plockton.....ah! peaceful..

DrSzin
20-Jan-06, 01:55
I'd live in Morar, or Back of Keppoch, near Arisaig. Sunsets to die for.Yeah! Back of Keppoch is fab! Where have you stayed?

We've been here before, but I don't remember what I said last time other than I would have at least half a dozen houses all over the world. I get bored staying in one place all the time.

callum
20-Jan-06, 04:40
on the banks of loch ness if i could affordit its beautiful

lorraine_2406
20-Jan-06, 08:10
well i live in germany and get the hot summers i would do anything not to live abroad and be back in good old scotland and be back living in edinburgh oh how i miss edinburgh

krieve
20-Jan-06, 10:54
I would have a couple of house one in Edinburgh one in caithness and one somewhere in cromarty.

paris
20-Jan-06, 11:02
I need 3 homes.. I would have one in caithness, one in kent and one where i am in lincolnshire.
I love all 3 places and to make a decision, well i couldn't. it was made for me thats why im in lincs.

DrSzin
20-Jan-06, 11:07
well i live in germany and get the hot summers i would do anything not to live abroad and be back in good old scotland and be back living in edinburgh oh how i miss edinburghWell, it's Caithness weather in Edinburgh right now -- horizontal rain and it's almost dark again. :(

DrSzin
20-Jan-06, 11:17
Cancel that. The wind's dropped and the sun's come out. :D

If you don't like the Scottish weather, wait five minutes.

paris
20-Jan-06, 11:19
Bright and sunny with a little breeze here in lincs

golach
20-Jan-06, 11:22
Cancel that. The wind's dropped and the sun's come out. :D

If you don't like the Scottish weather, wait five minutes.

Auld Reekie?, eh Doc, three seasons in one hour, hows that for choice?

DrSzin
20-Jan-06, 11:26
I would have a couple of house one in Edinburgh.How much are you willing to pay? Hooses cost arms and legs around here.

My son told me yesterday that one of his schoolmates lives in a three-million-pound house! Not 100% sure I believe him...

Auld Reekie?, eh Doc, three seasons in one hour, hows that for choice?Amazing -- it's beautiful out there now; my office window is wide open and it's really mild.

krieve
20-Jan-06, 13:10
How much are you willing to pay? Hooses cost arms and legs around here.

My son told me yesterday that one of his schoolmates lives in a three-million-pound house! Not 100% sure I believe him...

Amazing -- it's beautiful out there now; my office window is wide open and it's really mild.
Yes i know that they cost an arm and a leg but most of my family live in Edinburgh. If money was no object i would buy one, until that day i will stay with my granny or uncles when i go down the road . when i go down it feels like being back home but after i while i just want to come back up the road to my home in caithness.

mischief
20-Jan-06, 16:20
:D somewhere sunny and hot!!! and away from my neighbours!

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 15:32
I would love to live on stroma and do one of the houses up.

Rheghead
24-Jan-06, 19:43
I would live at Pait lodge, Loch Monar during the Spring
Reay during the Summer
New York during the Autumn
New Zealand during the Winter.

Sporran
24-Jan-06, 19:49
If I had the money, I'd like to have a chalet in Switzerland, and a hillside villa in Italy, overlooking Florence and the River Arno. A villa in the Tuscan countryside would be lovely too! :cool:

Then I'd like to have a beeg hoose wi' beeg windows overlooking Thurso Bay. Somewhere on Scrabster Brae, near the Polo would do nicely! :)

katarina
24-Jan-06, 19:56
I'll live on Stroma and be scrappydoo's neighbour. Sipping coffee on the front doorstep while the sun comes up. Absolute peace. Magic!

Rheghead
24-Jan-06, 19:59
I'll live on Stroma and be scrappydoo's neighbour.

I am not trying to get rid of you mind but seriously, what is actually stopping people from living there nowadays?

krieve
24-Jan-06, 20:21
I would love to live on stroma and do one of the houses up.
I would also love to live there the peace what a dream.

ice box
24-Jan-06, 21:30
I am not trying to get rid of you mind but seriously, what is actually stopping people from living there nowadays?
I think it would be the crossing back forth would be the reason people are not living there the island has'nt got any factory or business or shops on it so traveling back an forth would be a pain and probably cost to much ie weather premitting as well

connieb19
24-Jan-06, 21:56
I am not trying to get rid of you mind but seriously, what is actually stopping people from living there nowadays?A lot of people left Stroma when they had to Leave to go to high School in Wick... When they got a taste of what life was like on the mainland they didn't want to go back.. There was more and more people leaving the island but there was never anyone moving to there.
There was also a problem if the weather was bad and someone needed a doctor... which meant a few people would die of simple things that would have been treated had they lived on the mainland.
I would imagine it would be a lot different if folk lived there nowadays. i'd be well up for living there..:)

spiggie
24-Jan-06, 23:19

The guy that owns it! He likes to keep it private.

JAWS
24-Jan-06, 23:43
Wasn't Stroma abandoned when they couldn't get a replacement Doctor and decided it was to risky to be without one?

Antarctica's the place for me. All that space and so few people. Heaven on Earth, literally.

katarina
25-Jan-06, 10:51
Never heard the doctor one. It's like Connie says. If the people had stuck it out and stayed, the government would have had to come in with grants, etc.
And if Stroma had belonged to Orkney instead of Caithness they might have fared better sooner.
Today the orkney ferry passes right by twice a day. If it could be persuaded to stop enroute, there's no reason why the island couldn't be populated again. Except that it's privately owned. And who can blame the owners? I mean would YOU want a crowd of Caithness.orgers moving into your back garden?

Whitewater
25-Jan-06, 11:12
I love the big skies of Caithness in summer, glorious sunrise and sunsets, great walks in the hills when the heather is in bloom, beautiful claddding on the hills in springtime when the gorse weaves its golden cover.

I would like a house in Australia to migrate to for the Scottish winters or maybe New Zealand, never been to NZ but from seeing "The Lord of the Rings" series it seems to be a beautiful place.

Sandra_B
25-Jan-06, 17:14
Somewhere on the coast of sunny Caithness, with holiday places in Edinburgh, Savannah, Australia and Paris.

lorraine_2406
25-Jan-06, 20:17
I live in germany as my husband is with the Highlanders he is on operational tour in iraq we are both from caithness we lived in edinburgh before we moved to germany and i would love to move back there as it is my fav city i would give anything to be back in edinburgh.

marion
26-Jan-06, 05:36
I always wanted to return to one of the islands in the South Pacific, i.e., Samoa.

cuddlepop
28-Jan-06, 15:15
What is it about islands that make them so beautiful? All the islands in the channel islands are gorg ,especially Herm,its as if time has stood still.