PDA

View Full Version : Coal thief

Bad Manners
30-Oct-08, 15:35
I Just don't believed it ( Victor Meldrew ) some #### person or persons have stolen Coal from the outside coal bunker in the middle of the night. I know that the credit crunch is bad but to steal coal in the night is bad. Has anyone else suffered the same problem?

hotrod4
30-Oct-08, 15:38
That is atrocious.
It used to be quite "popular" for people to do this but hadnt heard about it for a while.
I think that someone who does this is lower than low, its a case of "I want it and I'll take it" to hell with the fact that its yours.
I would certainly inform all the neighbours, after all how far can you get with a bag of coal on your back? They might have seen or heard who did it, or they may know more than that(and if thats the case they wont be back for more!)
Good luck hope they get caught.

Bad Manners
30-Oct-08, 15:46
That is atrocious.
It used to be quite "popular" for people to do this but hadnt heard about it for a while.
I think that someone who does this is lower than low, its a case of "I want it and I'll take it" to hell with the fact that its yours.
I would certainly inform all the neighbours, after all how far can you get with a bag of coal on your back? They might have seen or heard who did it, or they may know more than that(and if thats the case they wont be back for more!)
Good luck hope they get caught.
Unfortunatly we are in the country side and only have one neighbour who would struggle to lift a bucket of coal We were in all night and never heard a thing. they either made several trips or they are very strong given the amount that is missing. If they were desperate for coal and asked we would have given some but to take in the dead of night is wrong think we will have to try and secure the bunker but not easy as it is made of plastic.

Kodiak
30-Oct-08, 16:17
I hope and trust that you have reported this incident to the Police???

dirtywicker
30-Oct-08, 16:19
the same thig happened to us last year
im in the town & it was through the day they stole t:(

changilass
30-Oct-08, 16:54
Aye we had coal stolen last year too and we are in Castletown in the middle of the housing estate.

To be fair we did hear the dowg bark but thought nothing of it at the time and just shouted down for him to shut up. Now if he barks we go investigate.

riggerboy
30-Oct-08, 17:17
I Just don't believed it ( Victor Meldrew ) some #### person or persons have stolen Coal from the outside coal bunker in the middle of the night. I know that the credit crunch is bad but to steal coal in the night is bad. Has anyone else suffered the same problem?

is it okay to steal it during the day then ????

sorry, i know it s a bad thing as i have had a full bunker load stolen

Bad Manners
30-Oct-08, 17:35
is it okay to steal it during the day then ????

sorry, i know it s a bad thing as i have had a full bunker load stolen
No it's not ok to steal any time it just seams worse when its done in the middle of the night, they didnt get a full bunker but almost I think they left us enough to keep the fire on but as the prices have just went up to £ 16 a bag it amounts to a fair bit of money.

riggerboy
30-Oct-08, 17:41
No it's not ok to steal any time it just seams worse when its done in the middle of the night, they didnt get a full bunker but almost I think they left us enough to keep the fire on but as the prices have just went up to £ 16 a bag it amounts to a fair bit of money.

i know its expensive and its a damn shame, i think these people need a good kicking,
nothing worse than getting up on a cold morning and the (cant type the word on here) have taken hundreds of pounds worth of coal from you,

Bad Manners
30-Oct-08, 17:47
i know its expensive and its a damn shame, i think these people need a good kicking,
nothing worse than getting up on a cold morning and the (cant type the word on here) have taken hundreds of pounds worth of coal from you,
I gave up violence when I left the army silly thing is lots of people me included have bought plastic coal bunkers probably because coal at the time was not that expensive and we didnt think anyone would steal it especially here in the countryside when you think about it we leave nearly two hundred pounds worth in a plastic box with no security whoose fault is it theirs for stealing or ours for making it so easy?

riggerboy
30-Oct-08, 18:08
I gave up violence when I left the army silly thing is lots of people me included have bought plastic coal bunkers probably because coal at the time was not that expensive and we didnt think anyone would steal it especially here in the countryside when you think about it we leave nearly two hundred pounds worth in a plastic box with no security whoose fault is it theirs for stealing or ours for making it so easy?

its not the fault of the bunker, the amount of heating oil that has gone in the past to those that just help themselves is incredible, i think a good public beating would not go a miss,
what i cant understand is why they think its okay to steal, they must sit and laugh at us,really makes me mad, when caught they should be named and shamed in the market squares of both thurso and wick then paraded around for all to see,

Tighsonas4
30-Oct-08, 18:12
its not all that long ago that the oh caught them in our neighbours bunker one on watch and the other at work
we waited and informed the neighbour who immediately locked everything up and thats in the early evening in the middle of a housing scheme tony

silverfox57
30-Oct-08, 19:48
have heard of tanks with heating oil ,being targeted in middle of night,is on the increase,tanker driver was telling me to get padlock for tank.think my dog and myself and a square mouth spade,would work well,

2little2late
31-Oct-08, 01:23
If they are nicking your coal from the top of the bunker, why don't you go round the streets and collect loads of dog faeces and put on top of the coal. Any bets if they are using their hands they won't return. [disgust] [disgust]

Errogie
31-Oct-08, 09:50
I like the solution for roadside peat stealing which is to stick a few .22 bullets into some peats if it starts happening to you.

skinnydog
31-Oct-08, 11:14
It is bad enough to have your coal stolen and I don't want to place you in a state of fear and alarm but it is shocking to think that there were people creeping about your place and you didnt even notice.

Bad Manners
31-Oct-08, 12:25
It is bad enough to have your coal stolen and I don't want to place you in a state of fear and alarm but it is shocking to think that there were people creeping about your place and you didnt even notice.
You have to live your life. you can't watch everything all the time as the area is open countryside there is not a lot we can do. We have managed to put a lock on the bunker but at the end of the day it is plastic and if someone wants to get in they will. There is always a small element that just want to take something that is not theirs without any thought for others I do believe that they will get their cumupance at some point.
I just hope this is not a sign of things to come and get to a stage where you have to distrust everyone.

veekay
31-Oct-08, 15:05
Sorry to hear about the lose of your coal. A similar thing happened to us last year 10 bags taken from our driveway. Report it to the police, they won't help much but at least if everyone who has had coal or oil for that matter, stolen the police will know that there really is a very big problem up here.

telfordstar
31-Oct-08, 15:28
I know this dosna help much but thank heavens ive gas.

Bad Manners
31-Oct-08, 15:32
I would just like to thank all the kind orgers that have pm me regarding this matter it would appear to be a more common occurence than we thought. I especially like to thank those who were checking to make sure we still had coal and the offer of coal if we didnt it restores your faith in humanity

mccaugm
31-Oct-08, 15:36
I once worked with a lassie in Inverness who rented a flat from a private landlord. She wondered why her electricity bills seemed so high but the electric company said they were fine. She went on holiday and was billed for electricity while she was away. The electric company came out to check and found cabling to the downstairs flat. :confused It transpired her downstairs neighbour had connected his supply to hers and she was in effect being billed for his electricity. Not sure what the outcome was after that as it was around 20 years ago.

Ricco
31-Oct-08, 15:47
what i cant understand is why they think its okay to steal, they must sit and laugh at us,really makes me mad, when caught they should be named and shamed in the market squares of both thurso and wick then paraded around for all to see,

There is a minority who feel that we are all mugs, to be explooited for their pleasure. I watch them go round the supermarket (Asda today, for example) - they eat and drink themselves full while they shop, disposing of the empties of shelves as they go. They have no compunction about doing so. Should be locked up in stocks for us all to chuck eggs and rotten vegetables at. Trouble is, some do-goodey would say that we are infringing with their human rights. My thoughts? When they start acting like human beings I'll then consider their human rights. [disgust]

riggerboy
01-Nov-08, 10:03
There is a minority who feel that we are all mugs, to be explooited for their pleasure. I watch them go round the supermarket (Asda today, for example) - they eat and drink themselves full while they shop, disposing of the empties of shelves as they go. They have no compunction about doing so. Should be locked up in stocks for us all to chuck eggs and rotten vegetables at. Trouble is, some do-goodey would say that we are infringing with their human rights. My thoughts? When they start acting like human beings I'll then consider their human rights. [disgust]

what hes says i agree

sphinx
02-Nov-08, 18:27
i wonder will the price of coal come back down now since the petrol prices is starting to fall it should at £18.50 a bag its shocking to think people result to stealing.................:lol:

Julia
02-Nov-08, 20:48
Just to add to the 'stolen' list, someone has nicked my blue recycling box after it was collected on Tuedsay! It's got a big custom made sticker on it too with my house number and street name on so whoever took it did so on purpose.