PDA

View Full Version : Taxi from Halkirk to Thurso

mccaugm
30-Oct-08, 09:51
I need to book a taxi for 6.15am on Saturday from Halkirk to Thurso railway station. Can anyone recommend a taxi service that won't cost the earth.

The last time I booked a taxi to take me to the railway station I booked it to take me to Georgemas, it cost me a small fortune. I was told then it was cheaper to go book it to Thurso.

Any suggestions?

dragonfly
30-Oct-08, 10:03
I'd phone around and ask how much they would charge, least you're getting it from the operators and not on what someone was charged yonks ago

golach
30-Oct-08, 10:04
Are taxis fares not all governed by the Highland Region / Caithness Council?, and all taxis should be charging the same price?

over-the-ord
30-Oct-08, 11:43
the last time i took a taxi cost around £12 in the early hours home from thurso!

cant you take a later train and get the bus in!

mccaugm
30-Oct-08, 11:59
Nah, the plans I have mean I have to get that particular train...will check a few different companies and book one.

Kodiak
30-Oct-08, 12:27
Try Jack's Taxi, he is a one man operation, polite and a careful driver, he is also reliable. You could phone him and ask him how much he would charge and I am sure he would be happy to give you a price.

Call him on 07951842187

stixie
30-Oct-08, 16:36
Can you not phone Ormlie Taxis and get a subsidised rate?

I'm sure if you book more than 24 hrs in advance its only around £1-£2 aslong as your not going to a pub/club etc.

mccaugm
30-Oct-08, 17:44
Thanks everyone...taxi booked with Ormlie cost approx £10