PDA

View Full Version : NEW BUS TIMETABLES as of 27th Oct 2008

Torvaig
29-Oct-08, 17:42
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/highlands/timetables.php?service=3467

Cllick on the above link for the bus timetables for Wick, Thurso, Inverness and all those in between. Hopefully these will be available now in the Council Offices, Wick and Thurso.

I travel a lot by bus and am delighted with the choices. :)

rfr10
29-Oct-08, 18:03
I'm still trying to work it out. They have that many times now and to different destinations that it's confusing me. Hopefully when I've figured it out, it will mean better than before!

rfr10
29-Oct-08, 18:07
I'm struggling to find the 8 buses from Wick to Inverness (Mon-Fri) Looks exact same as it was since they changed it to the 25X service...

... I've found a train service at the bottom but haven't found any difference.

Adding to this as I read more..

As far as I can see so far-

5 buses from Inverness to Wick and an extra one which bypasses Wick and goes straight to Thurso, making that 6 buses to Thurso. (Mon-Fri)
5 Buses from Inverness-Wick-Thurso on Saturday & 1 from Inverness-Thurso. (Sat)
5 buses all the way from Inverness-Wick-Thurso (Sun)
5 buses from Thurso-Wick-Inverness & 1 bus Thurso-Inverness (Mon-Fri)

Dare I give up or is there actually a change that I'm missing?

So since editing your post, does that mean that the service is still the same? :(

Torvaig
29-Oct-08, 18:28
My apologies; I knew it was a mistake to try and count them! :lol:

Yes, I know they are the 25X service but the new timetables are just newly issued as I have been asking for them since earlier this month. The booklet for Caithness and North Sutherland (Guide 6) is much handier than printing them off.

rfr10
29-Oct-08, 18:35
My apologies; I knew it was a mistake to try and count them! :lol:

Yes, I know they are the 25X service but the new timetables are just newly issued as I have been asking for them since earlier this month. The booklet for Caithness and North Sutherland (Guide 6) is much handier than printing them off.

I wouldn't blame you. Looking at that new "Caithness & North Sutherland" timetable would confuse anybody. It's unfortunate that there aren't as many as you said. I hope they hurry up and sort it out!

Torvaig
29-Oct-08, 19:00
According to one of their employees, the company is looking at the situation again and considering changes. The poor bus drivers have been driven to distraction what with the new ticket machines and the extra routes they have to take in to some of the villages nearer to Inverness. Their movements are tracked from end to end and they are under more pressure to keep to their timetables. They have my sympathy....

The places nearer to Inverness should have their own services as before instead of making the journey for people from Wick and Thurso etc., longer. At least there is a "comfort" stop at Dornoch for those who need it. I feel sorry for anyone who may need to go more often; adds to the stress of the journey that now takes longer than before.

I'm lucky, I don't have to travel with kids etc., and the 25X timetable suits me fine as staff at Raigmore make plenty allowances when making my appointments.

Maybe the public should be more vociferous in letting the company know of their complaints. Many complain but don't actually do anything about it. I know you have an official voice rfr10; maybe it is time to ask the public to support you in your efforts to make the northern voices heard. It is not easy to keep everyone happy as we all have different agendas but maybe something more workable is possible?

Another thing that is missing (as usual) are timetables at every bus stop. I have repeatedly emailed, phoned and asked in person for those responsible to put them up, but no joy. I try and carry extra timetables with me to hand out but in the summer when tourists and hikers are on the go, it is sad to see them bewildered by lack of information. So much for encouraging tourism!

Seemingly it is the Highland Council Roads Department (or so I have been told) that is responsible for them.

Mr P Cannop
29-Oct-08, 20:04
i heard that stagecoach will be changing the bus timetables in jan 09 ??

Torvaig
29-Oct-08, 22:42
Hopefully these will suit more people Paul, thanks for that.

Mr P Cannop
30-Oct-08, 11:56
can any one else comfirm the last message i posted ??