PDA

View Full Version : Snow next week?????

mischief
19-Jan-06, 19:20
A neighbour of mine said he had seen in a newspaper that we were to expect snow at the middle of next week, has anyone seen or heard anything like this or is he just trying to cheer me up???:lol:

rainbow
19-Jan-06, 19:23
Russia is -30C at present and Moscow is -22C, and the metrologists predict that this cold weather is heading our way. Get yer thermals oot!

landmarker
19-Jan-06, 19:29
I don't know what temps you've been having up htere but down in the depths of northern England it has been unseasonably mild. Hardly any sun since the turn of the year. Par for the course. I expect you can celebrate snow. Here, two inches of the stuff causes pandmeonium and chaos. A ten minute trip in a car takes on marahon proportions as traffic gridlocks - I've never understood quite why. Enjoy it if you like it.

JAWS
19-Jan-06, 19:55
Take a look at this site. Just enter you own town or Post Code.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=KW3

the 'More' takes you into the start of February.
Some may think differently but my version is, "Oh Dear!"

shrek_donkey
19-Jan-06, 21:06
I hope it snow i love the snow

willowbankbear
19-Jan-06, 21:37
I hate the snow, as it makes driving so much more dangerous . The kids love it though so a bit of give for them eh!!:Razz

rfr10
19-Jan-06, 21:41
Sorry to disappoint some of you who like the snow but, the MET OFFICE says "Contrary to media headlines the UK is not expected to experience the extreme winter conditions currently affecting eastern Europe."

moose and Lindsay
19-Jan-06, 21:52
Take a look at this site. Just enter you own town or Post Code.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=KW3

the 'More' takes you into the start of February.
Some may think differently but my version is, "Oh Dear!"

OMG next sunday the 29th it starts, i don't mind the snow if i'm on foot but i don't like driving in it either!!

Oh well must got a heap of shopping in coz by the looks of things where we r, i think we will be snowed in!!

moose and Lindsay
19-Jan-06, 21:54
Sorry to disappoint some of you who like the snow but, the MET OFFICE says "Contrary to media headlines the UK is not expected to experience the extreme winter conditions currently affecting eastern Europe."

Oh thats good to hear, but u never know!!

pedromcgrory
19-Jan-06, 22:16
not as extreme yes, but after weekend we will get the blast off wot they have got .

rfr10
19-Jan-06, 22:26
Yea, the temperatures are supposed to be dropping and widespread frost is supposed to form but, the forecast isn't snow although, we did get snow on Tuesday for a while and snow wasn't on the forecast then so you never know.

JAWS
19-Jan-06, 23:31
I wish they would make their minds up.
Since the end of last summer they have constantly threatened us with the worst winter for 10 years.
It's cost me a fortune, Arctic Duck Feather Jacket, Snow Shoes, Skis, Fur Boots from Russia, Crash Course in Igloo Construction and now they tell me it won't snow!
I wonder if I can send them the bill?

wicker
20-Jan-06, 10:12
I really hope it doesnt snow, i have to travel to thurso everday for work and its not safe and fingers crossed on the 4th feb its clear lovely day as going to edinburgh leaving at 5.30am on the bus

lasher
20-Jan-06, 13:50
I really hope it doesnt snow, i have to travel to thurso everday for work and its not safe and fingers crossed on the 4th feb its clear lovely day as going to edinburgh leaving at 5.30am on the bus

If it's too dangerous to travel then don't.

JAWS
20-Jan-06, 14:31
If it's too dangerous to travel then don't.
Some people have no sense of adventure. :lol:

nicnak
20-Jan-06, 14:40
I hope it snows and that it snows so heavy that people wont be able to use their cars for a week, just like winters when I was a kid in Yorkshire.

Lucy
20-Jan-06, 14:44
I like the snow. Its the only time of year when my garden looks nice and clean and i can tell where the cat is by her paw prints.

What really annoys me though is that my workmates from thurso get sent home early and just because i live and work in Wick i have to stay until the end of the day. I might badger the boss and tell her that it takes me 3 times longer to get home trudging through the snow than normal and see if i can also get home early. (somehow i don't see it working)

mischief
20-Jan-06, 16:11
come on guys we all want it to snow adults and kids alike think no school, no work!! just sit infront of the fire and stuff our faces!!
let it snow!!!!:Razz

kas
20-Jan-06, 19:39
My mate in Lithuania emailed me last night to say it was -32 with a windchill of -40. The coldest its been for 60 years, with the forecast saying it could get colder over the weekend. I dont think we would be so keen if it got that cold. But I still want snow. PLEASE.

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 14:55
I love it when it snows please snow

Shadow
22-Jan-06, 15:06
It had better snow!!! I love the snow!!! It's the best weather ever!!!!!!!

lasher
24-Jan-06, 13:53
Some people have no sense of adventure. :lol:
What i should of said was If You think it is too dangerous to travel then don't. A bit of danger now and again keeps you healthy!;)

Saveman
24-Jan-06, 14:02
No sign of that snow yet. Who wants to ring Parcelforce to see what time it's being delivered?