PDA

View Full Version : Toastie fillings!

floyed
29-Oct-08, 13:22
I am looking for some new toastie fillings to try out any suggestions:D

sjr014
29-Oct-08, 23:22
Shouldn't of looked at this thread am hungry just thinking bout it! Love toasties my fave is cheese n onion na very exciting! Had a chicken tikka n cheese when i was on hols in the summer sounds awful but it was yummy!

dirtywicker
30-Oct-08, 00:53
cheese & smoked sausage

Dorrie
30-Oct-08, 00:56
Cheese with chopped salami and lea and perrins! Mmmmmm

alanatkie
30-Oct-08, 01:29
Tuna mayo & cheese

bacon grill, onion & cheese

Banana & a wee sprinkle o sugar mmmm

biker5
30-Oct-08, 13:25
Cheese Ham (or Bacon) And Beans! Canna beat it!

suzy
30-Oct-08, 13:43
mashed banana and lemon curd....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dolly
30-Oct-08, 13:52
Mines would have to be cheese & haggis, sounds weird but very yummy :Razz

router
30-Oct-08, 20:06
un or smoked bacon and camenbert or brie is nice,good on panini bread too

Bakerbhoy
21-Nov-08, 23:36
Cheese and strawberry jam but watch out jam gets a tad hot!!! It is lovely yum yum!!!!

Hibeechick
23-Nov-08, 09:59
Cheese and strawberry jam but watch out jam gets a tad hot!!! It is lovely yum yum!!!!

mmmmm yumm!!!

Used to live on toasties when I was working in Edinburgh. Spag bol, Stew, beans and cheese, Curry and rice, chicken and cheese but my all time favourite...ham, cheese and pineapple!

padfoot
04-Jan-09, 11:00
hmm my fav has always been cornbeef and cheese its brill

trix
05-Jan-09, 00:25
nice thread floyedy...

ma all time fave is cheese on one bit o' bried, an some sliced ingin, then mayo (light obviously :mad:) on anither bit o' bried wi some sweetcorn sprinkled on, a slice o' ham or cooked chicken maybe...

throw 'e brieds tilgither an fire'er in guid auld 'georgie bie'...

5 menids later - ye'v got hiven in yer mooth ;)

they should come wi a public health warnin tho - very addictive...

A9RUNNER
06-Jan-09, 00:59
I would vote for baked beans and cheese, I once tried some noodles at that wasnt so good!!

Julia
06-Jan-09, 01:02
cheese and salami, it's well yummy!

evo4
09-Jan-09, 16:56
Try brie, cranberry jelly and some red onion (yummy)

Nibbler
09-Jan-09, 20:52
This is ma favourite but too messy for a toastie machine.

Toast two slices of bread. Put cheese on one slice and put under the grill. Spread syrup on the other slice. Once the cheese has melted slap the both together and mmmm. Lovely.

God I wish I had Golden Syrup in e house but I have banned it!!!! :lol:

If you do try it, make sure you have a plate. I always left e crusts till last cos they were handy for cleaning up e drips of syrup that ended up on e plate.

Tesco's, Tesco's. I hear Tesco's calling me :eek:

floyed
10-Jan-09, 13:08
This is ma favourite but too messy for a toastie machine.

Toast two slices of bread. Put cheese on one slice and put under the grill. Spread syrup on the other slice. Once the cheese has melted slap the both together and mmmm. Lovely.

God I wish I had Golden Syrup in e house but I have banned it!!!! :lol:

If you do try it, make sure you have a plate. I always left e crusts till last cos they were handy for cleaning up e drips of syrup that ended up on e plate.

Tesco's, Tesco's. I hear Tesco's calling me :eek:

Very strange combo, might give it a try tho:D

ShelleyCowie
10-Jan-09, 15:13
I love toasties! I lived on them when i was pregnant! I cudna get enough o them! :)

How can i make a cheese and bean toastie without making a mess? Have only ever had em when out for lunch so dont know how to make them!

ett23
10-Jan-09, 15:25
I love toasties! I lived on them when i was pregnant! I cudna get enough o them! :)

How can i make a cheese and bean toastie without making a mess? Have only ever had em when out for lunch so dont know how to make them!

Well you obviously need to have a toastie maker, then when you're putting the filling on top of the first slice of bread only put a small amount on. Preferably drain the beans first so there's not too much liquid as it's likely to go every where when you put the second slice of bread on top and try to close the lid. Also less liquid is better because once it's cooked it tends to spurt out of the toastie and dribble down your arm/chin like molten lava - ouch! :lol:

ShelleyCowie
11-Jan-09, 11:20
Well you obviously need to have a toastie maker, then when you're putting the filling on top of the first slice of bread only put a small amount on. Preferably drain the beans first so there's not too much liquid as it's likely to go every where when you put the second slice of bread on top and try to close the lid. Also less liquid is better because once it's cooked it tends to spurt out of the toastie and dribble down your arm/chin like molten lava - ouch! :lol:

Maybe i like the mess!!! :lol: Naw less mess more taste! Thanks very much indeed!

floyed
11-Jan-09, 11:25
Maybe i like the mess!!! :lol: Naw less mess more taste! Thanks very much indeed!

My um used to make beans on toast with cheese melted on top under the grill she used to call them bean pizzas. I cant remember the last time i had them mmm!!

ett23
11-Jan-09, 14:38
My um used to make beans on toast with cheese melted on top under the grill she used to call them bean pizzas. I cant remember the last time i had them mmm!!

We had the same thing but we called them cheese beanoz! ;)

JWM
11-Jan-09, 16:03
I like mashed up fish fingers with heinz spaghetti on my toastie.
aming what you can come u with after a gd saturday night on e drink

Nibbler
11-Jan-09, 19:53
Very strange combo, might give it a try tho:D

You should try it floyed. There is just something about it that hits the spot :lol:.

Let me know if you do and what you think of it :)