PDA

View Full Version : specsavers

jay
28-Oct-08, 14:56
Does anyone know when specsavers is next up?

KCERINN
28-Oct-08, 15:00
They are at the Weigh Inn tomorrow, Thursday and Friday.

CFM
28-Oct-08, 15:05
yes Weigh Inn 29th and 30th I have the phone number if you need it (we were supposed to be advertising it but the wind has blown our aeriel at Ben Dorrerry away and we are off air again!)

Tilter
28-Oct-08, 15:56
Hi. Do you have to make an appointment? If so,please would you give us the phone no. CFM.
Thanks.

philupmaboug
28-Oct-08, 16:02
The number is 0845 223 9224.

Missy Wick
29-Oct-08, 01:17
I phoned last week and the next time they are in Wick is the 27th and 28th Sept in the Norseman hotel.

Aaldtimer
29-Oct-08, 03:40
I phoned last week and the next time they are in Wick is the 27th and 28th Sept in the Norseman hotel.

Wot? Next year?:confused

CFM
29-Oct-08, 09:12
No they are not going to be in Wick this time - Thurso only but they do say they have some spaces left for appointments

pinotnoir
29-Oct-08, 11:14
CFM-?Caithness FM-if you are a representative of Caithness FM then can you explain why a community radio station accepts advertising-i.e. is that not in breach of your licence?

What would be the consequences if the licensing authority realised you are running adverts?

davem
29-Oct-08, 14:20
Strangely CFM know as much as yourself about licensing and do accept sponsorship to help pay for the upkeep of facilities and equipment. Whatever I hardly think that informing people of a visit by specsavers should invoke the shock implied in the posting!

captain chaos
29-Oct-08, 14:33
pinotnoir

I presume from the tone of your reply you have never listened to CFM or you would have heard many sponsorship messages from lots of local, non local firms.

Perhaps a quick "look before leaping" in with both feet next time!!

CFM
29-Oct-08, 14:46
Us telling people when specsavers is in the county does not breach any licence. Incidentally the community radio licence allows for advertising as long as it does not make up more than 50% of the stations income. At Caithness FM we deal in sponsorship on which there is no financial restrictions.

poppett
30-Oct-08, 13:36
Specsavers have a website where you can request an appointment and they phone (usually the next day) with an appointment to suit. I have used it in the past for friends as well as by the time the leaflets are in the doors they are fully booked. OH requested appointment last month and has one for 24th November in Thurso.

Easy to use and so far has never failed to work.