PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Pressie Assistance Required

Nibbler
28-Oct-08, 11:02
Hi Everyone

Hope you are all okay but I really need help!!!!

It is getting so close to Christmas (I know I dont like being reminded either) but I really need some ideas for a Christmas Present.

What do you buy a teenager who already has everything????

Cant put too much on here in case they recognise the details so I am very limited to what I can tell you bout the person - sorry :eek:

What is the best Christmas present you bought for a teenager that made them say wow, never thought about that before.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am completely at a loss.

Thanks in advance :)

bluebell
28-Oct-08, 11:14
An ipod & docking station
Gift card for favorite clothes shop
Digital camera
Concert tickets for fav band

mccaugm
28-Oct-08, 11:22
Years subscription to their favourite magazine, in my eldest sons case this would be Kerrang, skateboarding, that type of thing.
Access to downloads from i-tunes etc
Jeans so baggy you could do your weeks shopping in them
Belts that appear to be for show rather than to actually hold their trousers up, usually covered in studs
gadgets/attachments for console game Xbox etc
Gift vouchers for M & M Sports

molly
28-Oct-08, 12:20
Hi Nibbler,

Is this teenager female or male? Are they early teens , middle teens or late teens?

Thumper
28-Oct-08, 14:07
How about something a wee bit different like a piece of land on the moon,name a star,or adopt a dolphin,or any other kind of animal?That way your gift keeps on giving and if they have everything anyway it would probably be the best way to go x

justine
28-Oct-08, 14:18
The nack to finding the perfect christmas present for a teen that has everything.
Give them a few catalgoues, argos, tesco online to name a few, then give them a piece of paper and pencil and tell them to write down what they really would like for christmas.
Then you go out and buy them something NOT on the list. gaurenteed to suprise them..

Kodiak
28-Oct-08, 14:32
This can be very difficult. Here is a Link to a Web Site with lots of Ideas, have a look you just might find the perfect gift. :-

http://www.redsave.com/show/Latest-Gadgets

ciderally
28-Oct-08, 15:47
boy 17.......scooter
18 ......motor bike /quad
plus all the gear

Venture
28-Oct-08, 17:45
This can be very difficult. Here is a Link to a Web Site with lots of Ideas, have a look you just might find the perfect gift. :-

http://www.redsave.com/show/Latest-Gadgets

Thanks for that Kodiak. There are loads of really good gift ideas on there for everyone. Definitely gifts with a difference.;)

rockchick
28-Oct-08, 21:17
A package professional makeover and haircut session, followed by a photography session, with a professional photo to follow in the post (suitable for framing) to remind her of the event. Absolutely brilliant day out.

Ash
28-Oct-08, 21:27
Thanks for that Kodiak. There are loads of really good gift ideas on there for everyone. Definitely gifts with a difference.;)

be careful what you order from redsave check my previous posts about them

braalterr903
29-Oct-08, 08:31
why whats wrong with redsave as i was going to order from them.

Ash
29-Oct-08, 09:07
i bought something from then and at the time they didnt clearly state when you order something at a lower price you get tied into a subscription at £19.99 a month

i learnt the hard way

just be careful

Nibbler
29-Oct-08, 14:16
Thank you for all the ideas.

Molly - She is female and in her mid teens.

From the suggestions you have made I have found some ideas but will need to look into them further. Saying that, not much time left so I better get a wriggle on.

Really appreciate all your responses.

Many thanks

starry
29-Oct-08, 14:45
What about vouchers for

Beauticans
Hairdressers
Topshop, River Island etc plus return ticket for the train so she can get lots in the sales.

Or

Hair straightners
Make Up
Perfume

octane
29-Oct-08, 15:09
Well for someone who has everything then thats an easy one

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Feesty/spoilt.jpg

Get her a t-shirt

riggerboy
29-Oct-08, 15:12
open a bank account and put in the value of the present, let them decide what they want
show them some trust and hopefully they will start a savings plan with it
(mind you they might just blow the money but atleast they will have enjoyed it)

braalterr903
29-Oct-08, 15:29
ash it said that you have 30 days to cancal if you dont want to stay with them did that not work with you do the stuff take long time to be delivered.

Ash
29-Oct-08, 16:58
ash it said that you have 30 days to cancal if you dont want to stay with them did that not work with you do the stuff take long time to be delivered.

when i ordered from them it did not say this... if u type redsave in yahoo alot of people have been scammed by them
im just saying be careful

Julia
29-Oct-08, 18:41
Had a quick look on Red Save and found a Stylophone for £11.99, great retro pressie!

braalterr903
29-Oct-08, 19:16
thanks ash for this.

Venture
29-Oct-08, 19:16
I had a booklet arrive in the post today and there are some really good unusual pressies in it. Here is their website http://www.hawkin.com/find/category-is-Gifts/category-is-New+Gifts/

trix
29-Oct-08, 23:13
mmmh, teenagers...

eyes glaze over as i think back a few blue moons ago!

gie her somethin she can either wear, drink, smoke or spend [lol]

only jokin...yer better askin maybe, teenagers are such strange creatures.....

laughin til masel...:lol:

molly
30-Oct-08, 10:35
Nibbler,

I have a teenager the same age as you. This year she initally said she wanted a wide screen tv for her room (yes, she has everything so finds it hard herself to think of anything). I saw one in argos but is out of stock at moment http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5293465.htm?storeId=10001&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fstatic% 2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F5293465.htm&jspStoreDir=argos&referrer=COJUN&cmpid=COJUN Then she wanted a new bed (leather if you dont mind all similar prices). Then finally as taking driving lessons and cannot afford them at moment as buying friends pressies for xmas. Part of her present is driving lessons and the remainder is a coat, benefit make-up and jeans from river island. hope this helps....

alistair harper
30-Oct-08, 15:03
Hi Everyone

Hope you are all okay but I really need help!!!!

It is getting so close to Christmas (I know I dont like being reminded either) but I really need some ideas for a Christmas Present.

What do you buy a teenager who already has everything????

Cant put too much on here in case they recognise the details so I am very limited to what I can tell you bout the person - sorry :eek:

What is the best Christmas present you bought for a teenager that made them say wow, never thought about that before.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am completely at a loss.

Thanks in advance :)

How about a nice bunch of wooden roses last forever and they dont have to water them
anyone interesed in a bunch pm me for information

Nibbler
31-Oct-08, 10:14
Thank you all for your ideas.

They are very much appreciated.

Alistair Harper - not too sure on the roses. I may end up being bashed by them and being wood, it would hurt :lol:

Molly - that TV is a good buy and is definately on the consideration short list.

Octane - love the T-shirt

Anyway, many thanks for all the ideas. Knew you guys wouldn't let me down ;).

Cheers