PDA

View Full Version : snow!!

floyed
28-Oct-08, 08:26
Ahh i was delighted this morning opening the curtains to the snow on the roofs, its so Christmassy. But then went out the back to put some rubbish out an by god it is freezzing:eek: :lol:

brandy
28-Oct-08, 08:29
grumble rumble.. i was going to go to inverness! but not now!! the roads are all icy!

Kevin Milkins
28-Oct-08, 08:45
Its a big change for sure.:eek: Its also early to see the white stuff:confused

floyed
28-Oct-08, 08:47
grumble rumble.. i was going to go to inverness! but not now!! the roads are all icy!

That's not so good:(

Blondie
28-Oct-08, 08:49
I'm just in. It aint so much snow as thick ice with a covering of snow on top! Take Care out there, its very slidey! :eek:

evelyn
28-Oct-08, 09:39
Does anyone remember there being snow as early on in the year as this?
evelyn

newpark
28-Oct-08, 09:39
Bairn looked out the window and shouted yeah it's snowing that means it's winter and santa is coming. Nightmare have to explain over and over now that snow doesnt mean santa.

ciderally
28-Oct-08, 09:56
yo ho ho......snow

Anne x
28-Oct-08, 10:24
Snowed most of the night here and just stopped the sun has just come out beautiful blue sky very pretty

Julia
28-Oct-08, 10:43
The sky out in the Reiss direction is very black and ominous looking!

arana negra
28-Oct-08, 10:48
Now aint that funny, big change here in the weather last night too, lots o rain and wind and soooo much colder today, winter air out there, best ring the log man and will be trying out for real this new log burner very soon I think. have to take about a two hour drive to see the snaw though, love going to Sierra Navada the highest road in Europe and normally has snaw a' year roon on it .:)

ANNIE
28-Oct-08, 10:50
evelyn

I remember once in the October holidays when Stuart was in primary school about 12 years ago.

mccaugm
28-Oct-08, 10:53
To quote my four year old son..."I so e'sited" (excited). He pulled the blinds in my bedroom and squealed with delight. The cry then went up "Where are my wellies?".....

Tilter
28-Oct-08, 11:12
Just been out with dog. Quite a bit of snow here. Dog currently thawing out in porch - she gets snow-turned-to-ice stuck in her "trousers" which either has to melt off or get sucked off (by dog I mean).

Agree it's quite early for it. Daffodils will be coming through in December again at this rate.

bluebell
28-Oct-08, 11:19
Hope the schools are back on Wednesday:(

ciderally
28-Oct-08, 11:57
u snowed in yet bluebell?? tee hee

anneoctober
28-Oct-08, 12:17
Poor blubell, - it sounds like this has been a snowball too far....[lol]

Tighsonas4
28-Oct-08, 12:58
have got as far as golspie NOT TOO BAD but am keeping fingers crossed as have to be back home tonight tony

anneoctober
28-Oct-08, 13:08
have got as far as golspie NOT TOO BAD but am keeping fingers crossed as have to be back home tonight tony
My hubby has made it to Inverness, said it's quite bad there. Whiteout on the Black Isle. IF you can't get home Tony - George will be in ward 4C if you want to bunk down in a chair by his bed...........:eek:[lol]

Venture
28-Oct-08, 17:32
Don't worry bluebell it will all be gone by the morning.:lol:

Venture
28-Oct-08, 18:59
It seems we're not the only ones who are feeling the cold. Spain too has had significant snowfall.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7695975.stm

For those of you who experienced the thunder and lightning show a few days ago, here's an even better one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7683876.stm

Seems there is a lot of freak weather on the go all over the world. Makes you wonder why.:confused

Bruce_H
28-Oct-08, 20:23
So this is the week I am going to Dunbeath on a Henderson history hunt, and today was the day I drove up from Glasgow. Wow, that was quite a trip! A few quick snaps out of the car window on the drive,

South of Inverness:

http://and-still-i-persist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/panorama.jpg

Near the Ord of Caithness:

http://and-still-i-persist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ord.jpg

Somewhere along the A9

http://and-still-i-persist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/a9-october2008.jpg

I would compare this favorably with some of the snowstorms in December in California's Sierra Nevada.

Anyhow, happy to have made it in one piece, but the wind is howling! Hopefully I can get down to the Dunbeath Heritage Centre tomorrow.

Bruce H
San Diego (currently in Wick)

Tighsonas4
28-Oct-08, 20:34
My hubby has made it to Inverness, said it's quite bad there. Whiteout on the Black Isle. IF you can't get home Tony - George will be in ward 4C if you want to bunk down in a chair by his bed...........:eek:[lol]
thanks for the offer anne but have seen all i want of ward 4c
it was drifting on the ord on the way down but it was the water on the road was the problem on the way back
it certainly snowed some all morninng on the hilll in golspie tony

rockchick
28-Oct-08, 21:13
So this is the week I am going to Dunbeath on a Henderson history hunt, and today was the day I drove up from Glasgow. ...the wind is howling! Hopefully I can get down to the Dunbeath Heritage Centre tomorrow.

Bruce H
San Diego (currently in Wick)

You really know how to time your visits, don't you??? Hope you have a safe time in Caithness...

Kenn
28-Oct-08, 21:24
Well if it's any consolation, it's snowing hard where I currently am , just north of London.

Anne x
28-Oct-08, 22:54
Well if it's any consolation, it's snowing hard where I currently am , just north of London.

Gosh Lizz really dont feel quite so bad now if that happened on Xmas day you would beat the bookies :lol:

joxville
29-Oct-08, 01:00
It's also snowing quite heavy just now here in Hampshire. If it keep's up then I dare say it will make the national news, 1" of snow and the place grinds to a halt. As you know, the soft southerner's don't know how to cope with it. [lol]

Anne x
29-Oct-08, 01:12
and not only England it happens Victoria BC Canada cousin says he walked a mile to school in drifts on the side of the road at home and Victoria comes to a standstill with a inch of snow causing all sorts of disruption

Fran
29-Oct-08, 03:40
evelyn

Yes, I remember snow a bit earlier than this last year when I drove "himself " to Raigmore for his chemo. We left early incase the roads were bad..

Metalattakk
29-Oct-08, 04:26
Anyhow, happy to have made it in one piece, but the wind is howling!

Nonsense loon, that was just a good drying day. It'll be worse when the wind gets up. ;)

Tilter
29-Oct-08, 11:33
evelyn

Yes - I remember it snowing in June.

Anne x
29-Oct-08, 11:35
Yes - I remember it snowing in June.

June 76 was it ended up a beautiful hot summer