PDA

View Full Version : Dog with a funny run

Robertson
27-Oct-08, 19:09
I have a 3 year old collie who has just recently started running very slow and runs with her front legs sticking out to the side, think it might be arthritis does anyone know of a good medicine to treat it?

binbob
27-Oct-08, 21:57
i think that is one for the vet....does not sound right for a 3 year nold dog.
really hope he will be ok.

elamik@tiscali.co.uk
27-Oct-08, 22:01
Hi , my chocolate Lab 7yrs started walking with his legs like that a couple of weeks ago A trip to the vet confirmed that it was the start of arthritis. He prescribed anti inflamitory tabs, and change of diet he was slightly overweight tho.

Elayne

Robertson
27-Oct-08, 22:17
we took her to the vets as her paw was swollen it was very bad but got better after getting anti-inflammatory and anti-biotic, we explaned about the way she had started to run so she had an x-ray but there was nothing wrong all that was said was that one of her back legs were a bit stiff. They didnt say it was arthritis but maybe it is I don't know why she runs like this now because she didnt used to:confused

Liz
28-Oct-08, 14:59
Sorry to hear that your dog is having problems.

This product might help http://www.healthydirect.com/product/JNTAD/d.jsf;jsessionid=9E408913FF70918FCAB7611DBDA6E6DF

Also, I would really recommend a good magnetic collar.

My dog Benjy had problems after he fell and damaged a leg badly. I put him a glucosamine product(Mobilise) along with a magnetic collar and he hasn't had any problems since.

GruesomeTwosome
28-Oct-08, 15:12
Thanks for this thread, my boy has always run like that (except its the back legs) but as I have not had him from pup (rehomed him a year ago) I never thought anything of it. I will keep an eye on him from now on for any other signs which will get vet checked if needed.

Hope your girl is fine, nothing more heart breaking than arthritis. x x x

Robertson
28-Oct-08, 15:44
Thanks guys. Will try both of them Liz hope it works:D