PDA

View Full Version : cat drinking hot water??

pierre
27-Oct-08, 00:00
I am just wondering if anyone knows if its bad for a cat to drink hot water??

Everytime I am in the shower my cat sits at the side wanting water and the first time I didn't think he'd take it as its hot but he loves it and does this everyday, I try not to let him take too much as not sure if it good for a cat to drink hot water?? Not sure if anyone will know the answer though.

carasmam
27-Oct-08, 00:48
I think it's only if water has been lying in a tank that it isn't good for drinking. Water through an electric shower is mains water warmed up so should be ok. Unless there could be a medical reason making the cat drink a lot it's probably a bit of fun. My mates cat did the same and wanted to sit at the draining board when she filled the sink so he could 'catch' the water coming out the tap :lol: He lived to a good age so did him no harm.

teenybash
27-Oct-08, 12:48
I wouldn't think it is anything to worry about unless drinking is excessive. One of my cats loves to drink from the running tap...........:)

pierre
27-Oct-08, 19:20
Thanks for replies, I didn't think it would be a problem but just though I'd check if anyone knew a reason it would not be good idea. Cheers!

Liz
27-Oct-08, 20:00
It won't be a problem as long as the water isn't too hot. Otherwise it could burn his mouth.