PDA

View Full Version : Woss and Brand....

percy toboggan
26-Oct-08, 16:29
Does anyone else think the unseemly, vulgar and disgusting 'phone calls allegedly made by this pair to Andrew Sachs (Manuel in 'Fawlty Towers') and reported in this morning's 'Mail on Sunday' could result in their dismissal/termination of contracts?

The calls - and messages - allegedly left on the 78 year olds answerphone device, refer to Brand's sexual relationship with his (Sachs)Granddaughter.

For a long time I have thought Jonathan Ross a tiresome, prurient creep.
He has the humour of a fifteen year old schoolboy about him and his sneering, leering humour seldom raise a smile here. I know less of Russell Brand, although his quirky appearance , and his use of unfashionable English can be funny. Apparently , he rates himself as some kind of 'God's gift to women'....Both of these characters receive millions of pounds from licence-payers.

The BBC seems content to dally in the gutter with these two, and apparently the prog. in which the calls were broadcast wereput to air with senior management approval.

I hope heads roll over this, and Sachs - reportedly 'devastated' by the content of the calls - sees fit to complain to the Police. Obscene and malicious telephony is an offence.

MadPict
26-Oct-08, 16:44
Ross I can take in small doses but Brand is not funny and for the life of me I cannot understand where his popularity stems from.

He has already caused problems during one of his shows by phoning the police live on stage claiming to have spotted a sex attacker.

The BBC had this latest 'show' recorded on tape and yet still felt it worthy of broadcasting? Worse still it was available for a week afterwards on the BBC site.
I think I will withold my licence fee until the BBC sacks the waster...

Venture
26-Oct-08, 17:06
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1080621/Russell-Brand-Jonathan-Ross-face-prosecution-obscene-air-phone-calls-Fawlty-Towers-actor-78.html

How can this be classed as entertainment? And how can the BBC get away with allowing this to be aired?[disgust]

Both should be sacked. If Joe Public had made these calls, he would be prosecuted and rightly so. I hope Andrew Sachs reports them to the police. After all there are plenty witnesses.:eek:

Kodiak
26-Oct-08, 17:25
Thank you for that Link Venture as this is the first I have heard of this.

By what I read I was Completely Disgusted at the behaviour of these two Not Funny Men.

The BBC should cancel both of their contracts at once.

For Mr Woss to be paid £6 Million a Year is bad enough but to be paid that and then cause distress to a person of Andrew Sachs stature is nothing short of a disgrace.

I hope that Andrew Sachs complains officially to the Police and they both get Arrested, Charged and then have to go to court to to answer for this.

Not only should they Not get away with this sort of behavior, just exactly what kind of impression does this give our younger members of society, specially if nothing happens to them.

percy toboggan
26-Oct-08, 17:35
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of opprobrium !

I am heartened by the early responses on this.

Mister Squiggle
26-Oct-08, 17:41
The problem is that any degree of public complaint will be disregarded by the BBC and by these two "clowns" (although I'd use that term pretty loosely) - apparently, we are expected to find this kind of stuff wildly amusing and laugh along heartily with it, regardless of the personal angst and upset it might cause the family and the lass involved.
We've entered a phase where any form of ridicule, snide innuendo or downright grotty bear-baiting is held up as "comedy". It's not funny, it's certainly not clever and its a pathetic waste of public funds. Anyway, Ross himself has a daughter and (heaven forbid) one day Brand might have one too - I wonder how they'd feel if the tables were turned and they got a barrage of calls like that on their answering machine?
Horrible, horrible, horrible. And not funny in the least.

Bad Manners
26-Oct-08, 17:42
For me they both should be sacked I have never found brand funny as for ross I agree he has the humour of a schoolboy maybee they should hire a school boy and save lots of money and give a change for an up and coming comedian to try his hand they certainly coudnt do any worse

Kevin Milkins
26-Oct-08, 17:49
I was in my shed about a week ago doing somthing late on and turned the radio on .
It is tuned to radio 2 as I like to listen to Steve Wright in the afternoon.
I listened for a while because I dont mind Woss in small doses and they were in the middle of this wind up and I had no who the were phoning.
After about 5 minuites of that tit Brand ,I had to switch off.
I was supprised at Woss getting involved with him.

Amy-Winehouse
26-Oct-08, 18:00
Bullets, 2 , gun , trigger , pull, bang , bang, Hey presto!! were rid of these 2 clowns, but £6 mill a year for that scumbag Ross???? makes you wonder... If only I could be as unfunny:confused

stewart4364
26-Oct-08, 18:14
Fully agree with the comments-- I do not know how people can find Wossie funny, most of his comments tend to be of a sexual nature and he also thinks he is God's gift to women. What women see in this fouled mouth big headed defeats me. When his programme comes on on a Saturday morning at 10 am I either tune to another station or switch the radio off. He is an overpaid, at our expense, a no good for nothing.

percy toboggan
26-Oct-08, 18:26
I wonder if the likes of these two almost encapsulate what has been an era of excess. A feel good, devil take the hindmost attitude which has permeated an 'anything goes mentality' championed (or tolerated) by an editorial elite, afraid to shout 'the Emperors new clothes stink' for fear of being seen 'uncool' by their cross channel rivals.

Who knows...an era of reduced prosperity might bring about a re-think of our values. Do we want to fund crude buffoons from the public purse? I'm not against four letter comics or ribald comedy in its place, but I question whether this school of humour should be funded by the nations public broadcaster.

Much less foisted on the Grandfather of a young girl who is apparently lacking in judgement, or starstruck...which probably amounts to one in the same. I feel sorry for her, and hope she is more selective in the future. The world is full of men with appendages, more than a few represent the perjorative terminology of what dangles between their legs. She chose one of these in Brand...let's hope it's not marked her for life.

hotrod4
26-Oct-08, 19:33
CAnt see what all the fuss is about. I know I am in a minority of 1 (first time I have ever been classed as being "minority ;))
They were only having a laugh albeit at Mr Sachs expense but the intent was humour.
I love Fonejacker and prank calls,especially the "you kicked my dog" one.
It may not be humour to all but that was their intent a bit misguided but humour none the less. I found it funny but thats my own take on it.

MadPict
26-Oct-08, 19:39
Much less foisted on the Grandfather of a young girl who is apparently lacking in judgement, or starstruck...which probably amounts to one in the same. I feel sorry for her, and hope she is more selective in the future. The world is full of men with appendages, more than a few represent the perjorative terminology of what dangles between their legs. She chose one of these in Brand...let's hope it's not marked her for life.

You are assuming that she indeed did have a relationship with Sach's grand daughter. Just as he claimed he had shagged Rod Stewart's daughter ( a claim he later retracted) is this not possibly another case of claiming something he hasn't done? Or do you have more information?

MadPict
26-Oct-08, 19:45
CAnt see what all the fuss is about. I know I am in a minority of 1 (first time I have ever been classed as being "minority ;))
They were only having a laugh albeit at Mr Sachs expense but the intent was humour.
I love Fonejacker and prank calls,especially the "you kicked my dog" one.
It may not be humour to all but that was their intent a bit misguided but humour none the less. I found it funny but thats my own take on it.

While the likes of Fone Jacker stunts are sometimes amusing they don't overstep the mark and make foul allegations to an elderly man about his grand daughter on national radio.
The actions by Woss and Bwand are certainly nothing to be laughed at.
Put yourself in the place of Sachs - how would like it if two people left obscene messages (for that is what they were) on your phone about your daughter or grand daughter.
I suspect you would not be so amused...[disgust]

hotrod4
26-Oct-08, 19:48
While the likes of Fone Jacker stunts are sometimes amusing they don't overstep the mark and make foul allegations to an elderly man about his grand daughter on national radio.
The actions by Woss and Bwand are certainly nothing to be laughed at.
Put yourself in the place of Sachs - how would like it if two people left obscene messages (for that is what they were) on your phone about your daughter or grand daughter.
I suspect you would not be so amused...[disgust]

Wouldnt happen to me as I am not a celebrity! ;)
If it was meant as fun thats how I would take it, if it was malice then I would react accordingly.
Still think its funny though, but as I said its horses for courses.

hotrod4
26-Oct-08, 19:51
You are assuming that she indeed did have a relationship with Sach's grand daughter. Just as he claimed he had shagged Rod Stewart's daughter ( a claim he later retracted) is this not possibly another case of claiming something he hasn't done? Or do you have more information?

Thats Russell brand for you though. Thats his style, he says things before his brain gets a chance to engage. Thats what makes him a funny guy.He claimed to have shagged Rod stewarts daughter even though he didnt, it got a reaction thats his point.
He is a very talented quick thinking comedian but he's not everyones taste, hes a Marmite comic! :)

Julia
26-Oct-08, 21:15
What a pair of creeps, I've never been fans of either of them and can't bear listening to JW on the radio.

Both should be sacked and prosecuted.

Metalattakk
27-Oct-08, 04:06
Thats Russell brand for you though. Thats his style, he says things before his brain gets a chance to engage. Thats what makes him a funny guy.

No, that's what makes him an odious, humourless, talentless imbecile.

He claimed to have shagged Rod stewarts daughter even though he didnt, it got a reaction thats his point.

Then his point is as dull as his intellect.

He is a very talented quick thinking comedian but he's not everyones taste, hes a Marmite comic! :)

I believe he's a comic for the tragically misguided. If people think he's talented, they're on the wrong planet.

What colour is the sky on yours , hotrod? ;)

JAWS
27-Oct-08, 05:01
They sound more like a pair of thirteen year old twerps trying to pretend they are "big" in order to boost their standing amongst a group of gullible morons of the same brain power.

Most of the people I know grew out of that sort of immature behaviour before they left school. If making obscene phone calls to people in their 70s is the level of their intelligence then it says little for the people who are glued to the TV watching them and even less for the morality of the people who put them on TV in the first place.

Their idea of hysterical humour id at the level of running into Marks and Spencer and shouting, "Shop at Woolworth." whilst falling about laughing.
I tried watching Woss once, fortunately when I woke up the next programme had started. He was the best cure for insomnia I have ever come across, he made party political broadcasts look like gripping entertainment.

JoeSoap
27-Oct-08, 14:58
I can’t say I’m that taken with Russell Brand’s particular style of ‘humour’ but I do find Jonathan Ross quite funny when he’s not acting like an over-indulged child.

This, though, falls firmly in that latter category.

What possible reason could they have had for telephoning Andrew Sachs and leaving messages like this? It’s just crass! I mean, she’s his granddaughter for goodness sake – he shouldn’t ever have to put up with two mindless idiots telephoning him with sordid details of her sex life (whether those details be true or not).

As for how Georgina must be feeling about this… details of her private life going out on air to a couple of million listeners! She must be distraught. A gentleman Brand most definitely isn’t!

I see that the BBC has now apologised to Mr Sachs (though not to his granddaughter, against whom the bigger offence was – in my opinion – committed) but if Russell Brand’s attempt at an ‘apology’ (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7691938.stm) is anything to go by, behind the scenes there is a lot of back-slapping going on for a ‘job well done’.

northener
27-Oct-08, 15:37
I quite like Jonathon Ross, I'm a regular listener to his Saturday show on R2. He can be a little a little close to the knuckle - but no more than that - and is not frightened of taking the mickey out of himself.
As for Russel Brand, he is occasionally vaguely amusing.

haven't heard the tapes , and, it's difficult to comment on the content without hearing the original version. Anything can look horrendous when selectively 'quoted' in the papers.

If these allegations are as serious as they look, then their actions are inexcusable. But I'll reserve my own judgement for now.

Mr Brand seems to feel that he was being very funny with his risque remarks about someone who could not defend themselves at that time.

I'm sure that Mr Brand would have no hesitation when out on a night-time in making these 'funny' accuations to someones father or grandfather face to face. No doubt the subsequent ferocious physical assault that would be launched upon his person would be extremely funny to himself and any onlookers around at that time........

starry
27-Oct-08, 15:58
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U7IHJ66wj9g

I don't mind either of them but they did take it too far with this one.

badger
27-Oct-08, 16:37
I've never understood the success of Ross and he's been worse since being paid a grossly over inflated salary. Don't find Brand very funny either. Trouble with paying people too much money is they then think they can do no wrong, they're untouchable. Sad that those who now run the Beeb no longer have any standards.

floyed
27-Oct-08, 16:39
I dont like Johnathan Ross at all!

Bad Manners
27-Oct-08, 17:06
It appears that Russel Brand has been made to apologise due to the pressure of the public.
The public IMO should have pressed further to rid us of these overpaid under talented people.
They both should have been sacked for this at the very least if a member of the general public you and me did this we would be on criminal charges.

helenwyler
27-Oct-08, 19:56
I find both Ross and Brand funny at times.

But this incident (though I have not read unexpurgated transliterations of the phone messages) sounds like hubris to me...excessive self-confidence and arrogance. Undoubtedly both R & B have very quick minds; too quick for self-censoring, and therefore the funnier? Hmmm....but then why did Brand allegedly play excerpts again during his 'apology'? Sorry if I've got this wrong.

The senior management who OK'd the airing and (possible) re-airing needs sacking imo. Perhaps he/she was too in awe of R & B's exorbitantly-paid, demi-god media profiles...sadly value-free, morally-anchorless, weak-mindedly subservient to the dicatates of hoped-for-under-21-year-old media ratings?

The 'anything goes' criterion for mass 'entertainment' has found a perfect victim in the 78-year-old Andrew Sachs, still active and much loved in the over-somethings age group.

Decadence was one of the contributing factors of the Fall of the Roman Empire (allegedly). Our crumbling economic certainties would be perfectly accompanied by a crunch of hyperventilated, conscience-free media gods ;). IMO :lol:.

<gets off high horse and beats self unremittingly with organic beanstalk>

Origin:
1880–85; < Gk hýbris insolencehttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png

JAWS
27-Oct-08, 20:34
I have just heard parts of the phone-call on the PM News. The asked a recently retired senior BBC boss for his opinion. He described the incident as more akin to a pair of drunken teenagers in a phone box winding up one of their mates rather than something which should have been broadcast on the radio.

What makes matters worse is that this was not something done live on the spur of the moment which got out of hand but was pre-recorded, checked for it's content by a BBC editor and passed for broadcasting. In other words the broadcasting of it was carefully studied prior to broadcast.

Had an ordinary member of the public made a similar phonecall from his place of employment to9 a member of the public I have little doubt that they would, quite rightly and quite legally, be instantly dismissed.

Both Brand and Woss are working on the arrogant principal that they are too famous to be subjected to discipline. As for the claim that their behaviour can be explained away by representing the wit as being so fast that things just happen all I can say is that if their minds are so quick they would be able to keep control of their sewers and prevent them from being exposed to the public. Certainly in the clip I heard they were both more intent on giggling like morons at their own “cleverness” than in trying to be in any way entertaining, if it could ever be called that.

Peter Cooke was once asked about a TV sketch he did with Dudley Moore in which the comment "Bloody Lavatory" was used to hilarious effect. He explained that it was because it was said at the right time, in the right place, in the right sketch but if just saying "Bloody Lavatory" was all there was to being funny then everybody would be a successful comedian. It seems that Brand and Ross are too stupid to have learned that simple truth.

One day the pair of them may grow out of their childish schoolboy sillyness and learn how to be real comedians, but I doubt that will be anytime in the next forty years or so.

percy toboggan
27-Oct-08, 21:32
Quick minds Helen?
They knee-jerk towards the smutty, risque & prurient.I've seen little of Brand,
though ~I remember his Uncle Ralph - a Rangers sharpshooter who fared less well at Manchester City.

Ross is the antithesis of a cultured comic cum presenter. I feel the man must be dreadfully insecure sexually to rabbit on about it as much as he does. The sight of him rubbing his hands across Sasha Baron Cohen's gusset was the final straw for me.
I'm no prude, and sexual innuendo can be funny post watershed - even homo innuendo - but keep it on a commercial channel and let these two louts make their money from adverts, and not the mug punters who buy a t.v. licence.
Incidentally, I think viewers of all ages can relate to the humour which abounds in 'Fawlty Towers' One needn't have been around the block umpteen times to find Manuel funny. He had the knack of comedy in spades whereas these two twerps are still at the sniggering teenager stage.

helenwyler
27-Oct-08, 21:37
Quick minds Helen?
They knee-jerk towards the smutty, risque & prurient.I've seen little of Brand,

Quick minds can exercise themselves in any direction, can't they? From the smutty to the erudite.

I am not exonerating them. But they are quick. Hence their media success.

percy toboggan
27-Oct-08, 21:42
Quick minds can exercise themselves in any direction, can't they? From the smutty to the erudite.

I am not exonerating them. But they are quick. Hence their media success.

Quick minds that default to smut, are inferior quick minds in my 'umble opinion.Their media success is subjective. They seem to polarise opinion and as many people can't stand 'em as like 'em.
I'm not sure 'erudite' covers the opposite end of the scale to smut when it comes to mass entertainment - I'd rather see 'invention', or 'originality' as 'erudition' could be lost on the majority.

helenwyler
27-Oct-08, 21:57
Quick minds that default to smut, are inferior quick minds in my 'umble opinion.Their media success is subjective. They seem to polarise opinion and as many people can't stand 'em as like 'em.
I'm not sure 'erudite' covers the opposite end of the scale to smut when it comes to mass entertainment - I'd rather see 'invention', or 'originality' as 'erudition' could be lost on the majority.

Can't disagree with you. I wasn't making a value judgement. My values have little to do with present media targets. 'Erudtion' was a random opposite to 'smut'..not an absolute opposite.

Kodiak
28-Oct-08, 14:53
I see that Ofcom is now going to investigate this Broadcast. Also at least one MP has called for the both of them to be sacked.

I for one would not miss either of them.

2little2late
28-Oct-08, 19:39
Was listening to The Russell Brand show on Sat 18th Oct. when they played this prank on the actor Andrew Sachs. I was quite disgusted with the comments they were both making about the actor's granddaughter. If the BBC think this is entertainment then they have shown how low they will go in the name of entertainment.

I think they should both be taken to task and be asked to resign from their respective BBC shows. Jonathon Woss is a self centred, attention seeking, loud-mouth who loves the sound of his own voice and Russell is nothing but crude on his radio2 show. This childish performance really did lower the tone of Radio 2.

I was quite surprised the show wasn't taken off air as it was very lewd at times. I hope the BBC realise their stupid mistake and reprimand these two presenters good and proper.

teenybash
28-Oct-08, 20:17
Do I pay my license for these pair of giblets and their rude and offensive ramblings.....I hope the BBC do the right thing and turf them. I certainly would not miss either.[disgust]

domino
28-Oct-08, 20:19
A pair of jumped up pipsqeaks

percy toboggan
28-Oct-08, 20:31
The movement is growing...it might become irresistible.
The oiks may get their come-uppance.
Senior BBC heads should also roll.

They had their defenders today on the air waves - in the minority but unbowed. Fair play to those who disagree & exercise their opinion but there is clearly a huge majority who have seen red here.

I'm pleased to know I live in a society which still draws the line - somewhere at least.

scotsboy
28-Oct-08, 21:15
I don't see how they (particulary Ross) should command such a high salary from the BBC - I wonder if a review of European national broadcasters would highlight such large salaries amongst their employees. We are told the BBC provide a national service, I don't see where Ross fits in, or should command such a high salary.

Ash
28-Oct-08, 21:31
they have apologised
it has been accepting
it been on the news 24/7 is making it a bigger deal than what it is!

golach
28-Oct-08, 21:39
I don't see how they (particulary Ross) should command such a high salary from the BBC - I wonder if a review of European national broadcasters would highlight such large salaries amongst their employees. We are told the BBC provide a national service, I don't see where Ross fits in, or should command such a high salary.
Exactly Scotsboy, he has had his day, I think he and the other twit went too far

hotrod4
28-Oct-08, 21:56
To be honest it should be water off a ducks back for the grand-daughter,seeing the way she likes to live her life.
This from the sun:

The actor said it was his granddaughter Georgina Baillie, 23 — a former Page Three hopeful — who was most upset.

He said: “People ask me if I’m angry — well, yes. But not half as angry as Georgina.

“That’s where the apology should be directed.”

Busty Georgina — who has forged a bizarre career as “Voluptua” in a vampire-themed dance troupe called the Satanic Sluts — was last night on her way home from performing in Vienna.

Its the last bit that gets me! She is in a dance troupe called "the satanic sluts" well with a name like that maybe Brand did sleep with her ;)

Its been blown out of proportion, YES they shouldnt have done it, but they did, draw a line and move on, or maybe Mr Sachs will be contacting the BBC to demand "compensation for the stress"? Wasnt this the same man who was lambasted for mocking the spanish in a certain high-profile show in the name of Comedy? So he can mock but brand and Ross cant?
:(

TBH
28-Oct-08, 22:23
How about Andrew Sachs and his grandaughter both get an apology and the two anal retentives, Ross and Brand, get the sack, It's no more than they deserve.

MadPict
29-Oct-08, 00:30
they have apologised
it has been accepting
it been on the news 24/7 is making it a bigger deal than what it is!

Brand has not apologised. He made some pathetic noises but far from an apology. Ross has written to Sachs but I feel that a public on-air apology should be forthcoming too.

And this is more than Brand-Ross - this is about the failings of the BBC editorial staff to properly censor this pairs sick humour. The BBC are dragging their feet on working out what went wrong here.

And I resent my licence fee being used to fund this type of output and lining the pockets of these two talentless tosspots...

Anne x
29-Oct-08, 00:39
Andrew Sachs and Grandaughter I do agree they deserve a apology

Allegedly the BBC new of the content of programme 36 hrs before it was aired and some say its the fault of the Director or Producer of this programme a mere young whippersnapper of 24 +ish who took the decision to broadcast I am quite sure this poor guy will be sacked
as to the other BBC Moguls !!! mmm jury out
JR and RB who knows
But my Saturday Mornings would be boring without JR driving along the same old road as I do
Sad this has happened but our country is falling apart and dont really think its Top Priority for our PM or Leader of our Opposition to be giving out silly statements on News Programmes about light entertainment shows no matter how Crass or Sad
At the end of the day its a How big is my "Ego thing "and how far can ""I go thing "" and I am Invinciable time will tell my boy's time will tell

Fly
29-Oct-08, 01:00
Both so called comedians along with the producer or whoever passed the program should be heavily fined and all three sacked. I don't pay a licence fee to fund muck like that.[disgust]

Anne x
29-Oct-08, 01:02
Good Point Fly it is your licence fee that pays the wages on the Beeb

JAWS
29-Oct-08, 01:12
The BBC constantly lauds itself as the best Broadcaster in World and sets it self up above the rest as an something the rest should aim to raise their level to.

They proclaim to the World that the speak on behalf of British Standards. Those who proclaim themselves to be perfect must expect to suffer the consequences when, especially if it is easily avoidable, they intentionally present themselves as broadcasters giving free rein to people who are determined to see how many sewers they can crawl into before somebody cries "Stop".

If any other BBC employee had done half of what they did and tried to excuse their behaviour as a prank, even without it being broadcast, they would, without question, be dismissed. Hiding behind the excuse that it was allegedly “funny” is no excuse. Their behaviour is something I would expect from a sniggering teenager exaggerating to his mates to boost his ego. I certainly would not expect that sort of behaviour from two grown men, if they could ever be called that.

If either of them think simply being deliberately abusive and insulting to somebody is “humour” then they have an awful lot to learn about the subject.

hotrod4
29-Oct-08, 07:15
This is getting WAY out of hand now. Even the PM is involved now!
The country is going to the dogs, crime is rising etc but Pa Broon still has the time to get involved along with the rest of "our" politicians (who have voted themselves a 24 day christmas holiday).
It was a "remark" they should apologise and then thats it. Even Andrew sachs says he is "fed up" of talking about it.

It seems that the BBC are talking about ti more than any of the other channels.
Methinks this could be a ploy to "prove" to the country that they are "fair" and "right on"?

People complaining about Mr Ross and Mr Brand wasting Licence payers money,I think you will find more money is being spent "Investigating" what happened and then more money will be wasted by all the top execs going away for a wee jaunt to discuss what happened! ;)

Heard that the Grand-daughter is "distraught" course she is shes known as voloptua in a "sensual" dance troupe and is an aspiring page 3 model!.
And a comment by Russell Brand has made her distressed? Do me a favour shes probably heard worse heckling at one of her "shows". But she may get her wish she's on the front page of todays sun, only 2 more pages to go ;)

MadPict
29-Oct-08, 11:23
Oh and Ross' Betty Kitten looks such an innocent thing.....

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_01/Rossfamily0310_468x594.jpg

I wonder how he would feel if someone kept ringing him making similar sorts of remarks ?

TBH
29-Oct-08, 11:27
So she's in a 'sensual' dance troupe and her stage name is Voluptua, ergo, Ross and Brand can say what they like about her in obcene messages left on her Grandad's answering machine? Great logic.:roll:

cd1977
29-Oct-08, 12:42
I could not give a monkey's about Andrew Sachs and his weird granddaughter.

The mock outrage generated by this non-story is a sight to behold, however.

bekisman
29-Oct-08, 12:46
Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand are to be suspended and all their shows taken off air until the BBC has investigated their prank calls made on Radio 2. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7696714.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7696714.stm)

JoeSoap
29-Oct-08, 13:00
The mock outrage generated by this non-story is a sight to behold.
I wouldn't say I'm feeling outraged; more disgusted.

I wasn't listening to the show at the time but I have now heard a recording of it and I wouldn't say that there is anything 'mock' about my reaction to it either. It really was a sickening few minutes on a number of levels. I'm not going to be writing to the BBC to complain (like I say, I didn't listen to the show at the time) but I do feel that Brand and Ross took it far too far and deserve to be reprimanded.

I also hope that the idiots who took the decision to allow the recording to be broadcast are not put in a position of such responsibility again.

floyed
29-Oct-08, 13:02
I don't have an opinion on what should happen, but this thread is giving me a few laughs:lol:

Gizmo
29-Oct-08, 13:09
Good god, talk about blown all out of proportion, what they did was wrong and quite frankly not in the slightest bit funny, Jonathan Ross does have a good sense of humour but Russel Brand is probably the least amusing person on Tv, they screwed up and offended an old man, it's not that big a deal, i'm sure he'll get over it, fine the pair of them a months salary and donate it to a charity of Andrew Sachs choosing....then move on, the media witch hunt over this is just ridiculous.

Kodiak
29-Oct-08, 13:17
Just on the news Update at 12.15 BBC News.

Both Woss and Brand have now been Suspended until at least the Investigation comes up with some sort of conclusion.

We will have to wait and see what happens.

bekisman
29-Oct-08, 13:24
yep, see #51 above

hotrod4
29-Oct-08, 15:47
So she's in a 'sensual' dance troupe and her stage name is Voluptua, ergo, Ross and Brand can say what they like about her in obcene messages left on her Grandad's answering machine? Great logic.:roll:

I am not condoning what they did,but dont you think with all the media attention and the fact that she admitted SHE DID sleep with him not make you that little bit cynical as to the motives behind the "outrage"?
After all she is a "wannabe" page 3 model.
Even Andrew sachs wants to let it lie,but methinks the grand-daughter is quite happy with the outcome of the whole debacle.

MadPict
29-Oct-08, 16:16
A lot of folk in this thread are saying what they did was wrong/should not be condoned but move along/get over it.
But it goes deeper than that. If we allow the BBC to turn a blind eye what extreme will thenext 'comedian' decide to go to?

You seem to forget that these idiots are living the high life and earning frankly obscene amounts of tax payers money while acting in this manner.

Glad the Beeb has pulled at least one finger out and suspended the pair. Now it just has to remove the rest of it's fist......

cd1977
29-Oct-08, 16:23
What has shocked me most is that Manuel is not Spanish? :eek:

squidge
29-Oct-08, 16:30
I was appalled by what i heard when i followed the links. However... that's why I dont listen to Brand on the Radio - I tuned in once and never heard so much drivel in all my life!!!! Jonathon Ross amuses me sometimes but can also be too much for me. What is interesting is that there were very few complaints from the listeners of the programme itself. The majority of the complaints have come about as a result of the press coverage. Whether we like it or not the BBC caters to a wide variety of viewers some of whom must actually like Russel Brand and must have found the whole episode amusing as they didnt appear to a) turn off or b) make any sort of complaint. Our licence fee is paid and enables the BBC to make wide ranging programmes. One man's muck is another man's comedy. If we say that Russel brand's type of humour should not be made by the BBC because it doesn't appeal to US personally then why should they fund other shows which have a minority audience?

It is right the two presenters should be investigated and suspended for their ridiculous and tasteless actions but to have the press baying for them to be sacked is a bit ofan over reaction in my opinion. There is far worse going on just now and it seems highly suspect that Brown and Cameron have decided to chip in - they must be laughing their socks off as the focus has shifted from 'Ollie the Oligarch's' relationship with Osborne and Mandelson to these two fools.

A very public apology to Andrew Sachs and his granddaughter is in order and a substantial donation to a charity chosen by Andrew Sachs would be a satisfactory outcome. The we can all get back to the REAL issues of the day.

wifie
29-Oct-08, 16:31
Man this is a sad situation! I have found both Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand funny in the past but both of them go over the score sometimes. This time I feel they have gone too far but the media coverage is fanning the flames here as usual. For goodness sake why should this situation be commented on by the likes of Gordon Brown - methinks he has bigger fish to fry at the moment. Yes OK the Beeb is paid for by us lot - not advertisers. The wannabe girl is gettin loads of publicity. Ross and Brand are probably minted anyway. They must know which gonk was responsible for letting this be broadcast. I have to say I agree with Sir Gerald Kaufman who thinks that Ross and Brand should pay any Ofcom fine that is handed out. Don't know about the rest of you but I pay enough for my licence fee without part of it goin to this! Yep they are famous for their outspoken, risque humour but they are both adults and knew what they were doing. The only loser in the whole of this, although some might say he is getting the publicity too, is Andrew Sachs. I remember him fondly playing Manuel in Fawlty Towers - the sitcom often held up as a shining star of it's genre in this country. Whatever his grandaughter is or does still does not give these "funny men" the right to do what they did.

hotrod4
29-Oct-08, 16:36
Man this is a sad situation! I have found both Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand funny in the past but both of them go over the score sometimes. This time I feel they have gone too far but the media coverage is fanning the flames here as usual. For goodness sake why should this situation be commented on by the likes of Gordon Brown - methinks he has bigger fish to fry at the moment. Yes OK the Beeb is paid for by us lot - not advertisers. The wannabe girl is gettin loads of publicity. Ross and Brand are probably minted anyway. They must know which gonk was responsible for letting this be broadcast. I have to say I agree with Sir Gerald Kaufman who thinks that Ross and Brand should pay any Ofcom fine that is handed out. Don't know about the rest of you but I pay enough for my licence fee without part of it goin to this! Yep they are famous for their outspoken, risque humour but they are both adults and knew what they were doing. The only loser in the whole of this, although some might say he is getting the publicity too, is Andrew Sachs. I remember him fondly playing Manuel in Fawlty Towers - the sitcom often held up as a shining star of it's genre in this country. Whatever his grandaughter is or does still does not give these "funny men" the right to do what they did.

A very fair and unbiased view from all sides.
Well done wifie :)

Gizmo
29-Oct-08, 16:38
What has shocked me most is that Manuel is not Spanish? :eek:

:lol: brilliant

Ash
29-Oct-08, 17:01
Ok, just playing devils advocate here, (and I totally agree that Sachs is the wrong target for this sort of humour - poor old guy) BUT his granddaughter is in a troup of exotic dancers called Satanic Sl*ts and she is now selling her story to The Sun saying actually she has slept with Russell Brand!

Personally I love Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand, and I do think the whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportion. There are LOADS of dodgy comedians out there who make a living humiliating people (Trigger Happy, for example, where Dom Joly wuold interview someone famous, but usually doddery, and then make them look like an idiot. Ali G - same sort of thing.) and none of these have resulted in the Prime Minister getting involved, or them losing their jobs!!

Gizmo
29-Oct-08, 17:09
Ok, just playing devils advocate here, (and I totally agree that Sachs is the wrong target for this sort of humour - poor old guy) BUT his granddaughter is in a troup of exotic dancers called Satanic Sl*ts and she is now selling her story to The Sun saying actually she has slept with Russell Brand!

Personally I love Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand, and I do think the whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportion. There are LOADS of dodgy comedians out there who make a living humiliating people (Trigger Happy, for example, where Dom Joly wuold interview someone famous, but usually doddery, and then make them look like an idiot. Ali G - same sort of thing.) and none of these have resulted in the Prime Minister getting involved, or them losing their jobs!!

I think the difference there is that the victims of Dom Joly and Ali G would have given their consent for the piece to be aired, Andrew Sachs was never consulted before the segment was shown.

percy toboggan
29-Oct-08, 18:31
Friday night BBC 1 - instead of Ross they should screen a couple of 'Fawlty Towers' episodes back to back.

Both of these creeps are hopefully history now on the national broadcaster. There are plenty of digital channels where they can ply their predictable school of humour.
Both of 'em deserve a slap.

MadPict
29-Oct-08, 19:35
Brand has resigned.

Now to get rid of that foppish popinjay Ross........

brokencross
30-Oct-08, 19:32
Ross suspended for 12 weeks without pay. radio 2 controller quits

badger
30-Oct-08, 23:30
I'm glad Brand had the decency to resign and wish Ross had done the same but where else would he get a salary like that? Having said that, I am now sick to death of hearing about this whole affair. They apologised, Sachs accepted it, the Beeb finally took it seriously and are still investigating but is it really worth still hitting the headlines on every BBC news? I could not believe that while they are saying how dreadful it was, it shouldn't have happened etc. etc. they were screening clips from the show at every opportunity over and over again. What is the news editor thinking of? None of it should have appeared on BBC tv ever again.

I'm glad thousands of people objected but the PM, David Cameron etc.? - they're supposed to be running the country in a crisis.

There is a major disaster going on in the Congo but does that come first on BBC news? No, Ross and Brand are all they can think of. Have they lost all sense of proportion? Get over it. Move on.

sweetpea
30-Oct-08, 23:37
Em I didn't have the time to follow this story, you know how it is, but I've done a quick re-cap with my mate and basically they all got what they deserve in this story.....

one is as bad as the other..

Obviously not enough....

Kevin Milkins
30-Oct-08, 23:59
Send the pair of them out to the Congo and do some real reporting.
The bit that miffs me about the whole affair is the law has not had a take on it.
If I was to just leave such a message on anybodys answear phone the law would be down on me like a ton of bricks, (and rightly so).:eek:
Because these pair of pillocks are so called celebrities they are above the law.:confused
If you add to that ,it was planned and premedatated and they broadcast it to the nation, they should be dealt with by the law of the land the same as ,(an ordinary person).

Tristan
30-Oct-08, 23:59
I think the difference there is that the victims of Dom Joly and Ali G would have given their consent for the piece to be aired, Andrew Sachs was never consulted before the segment was shown.

I could be wrong but I think they did ask Sachs and he said no - they still went and aired it.

Anne x
31-Oct-08, 00:38

See my post#43 that is what I was trying to say but now it seems instead of whippersnapper loosing his job its Lesley from BBC2 that is going after resigning

I am devastated that JR wont be on Radio 2 tmr sad Sat morn driving for me a chore and always listened in
12 weeks salary loss what a hardship for him he picks up 3k for a five sec advert allegedly
Im quite sure over the next few weeks he will more than make his money

I am quite sure other channels on the network willl be snapping up Brand on a huge salary for his dimeaner probably more than the beeb paid him
As for JR jury still out

Gizmo
31-Oct-08, 00:51
I could be wrong but I think they did ask Sachs and he said no - they still went and aired it.

No you're quite correct, and i hope all the people involved in the descision to broadcast it against Andrew Sachs wishes lose their jobs and are prosecuted, what they did was bang out of order.

Tilter
31-Oct-08, 01:36
Mountain out of a molehill created, as usual, by the media. (imho)

hotrod4
31-Oct-08, 15:35
And his grand daughter is as pure as the driven snow?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1877990.ece
Oh look what have we here the "angelic" grand daughter in all her glory!.
They went too far with their joke but it looks like the wannabe page 3 "model" is going to get her 15 minutes of fame.
yesterday she was telling all and sundry about her bedroom secrets and now shes getting saucy pics done.

Now I thought Andrew sachs was hurt because of the things said about his grand daughter, he felt ashamed. And then she goes and does this. What is worse someone having a joke at her expense or is it more shameful discussing her sex life (in more detail than Brand) for all the public to see and then getting saucy pics done.

If she was that bothered about ther grand father then surely she wouldnt have done this?

Looks like Brand and Ross have given her a leg up the celebrity ladder.

MadPict
31-Oct-08, 16:22
So how do you qualify the second element of the 'prank' - that of the "news report" that Andrew Sachs had hung himself? Oh that is very very amusing. It also breaches the BBC guidelines on programme content.

You can try and move the blame away from Ross and Brand, or to lessen what they did, by saying that she deserved it because she is in a performance group which is risqué, but the point is they should not have crossed that line, the editor should have removed that element of their show and maybe if they had followed Sachs' request to NOT broadcast that piece this would not have ended up like this.

You are trying to defend the indefensible...

percy toboggan
31-Oct-08, 17:01
Despite her role as a 'satanic slut' which might suggest she is a woman of easy virtue, I think the problem that this 'bang out of order' situation started was in the way it the was reported to her Gand-father. As the couple were 'together' for a year or so, it's hardly surprising that the sexuals were in full swing - Brand doesn't seem the sort to want to wait until his belle has a ring on her finger, neither does a 'satanic slut'...not that I know any ! I just hope none come knocking at our door tonight looking for sweeties.

Kodiak
31-Oct-08, 17:06
Aslo I would like to point out that "Satanic Slut" is just a Stage name and Act and has nothing to do with her Private Life.

hotrod4
31-Oct-08, 18:23
So how do you qualify the second element of the 'prank' - that of the "news report" that Andrew Sachs had hung himself? Oh that is very very amusing. It also breaches the BBC guidelines on programme content.

You can try and move the blame away from Ross and Brand, or to lessen what they did, by saying that she deserved it because she is in a performance group which is risqué, but the point is they should not have crossed that line, the editor should have removed that element of their show and maybe if they had followed Sachs' request to NOT broadcast that piece this would not have ended up like this.

You are trying to defend the indefensible...

I am not trying to defend the indefensible I just want to point out that the grand daughter that was "hurt" is no better than ross or brand.
If she cared for her grand fathers feeling like she says she does why is she telling the Sun all about her sex life and posing for pics?

Will Mr Sachs now apologise for his portrayal of Spanish people as dumb?
After all he couldnt do that now or their would be letters flying from the spanish consel to our Government!

The person in charge of the show should be the one who gets all the stick, after all in a work Environment "The boss" always has the last word and sanctioned this to go out.

They are too very talented comedians whose show alot of people wouldnt have even bothered about if The Media didnt jump all over the story and elongate it to gigantic proportions.

I notice that most of the complaints only started to come in once the papers got a grip of the story, NOT stariaght after the show, when people who actually heard it wouldve complained.

How many with a view or complaint on it actually heard the show go out live?

hotrod4
31-Oct-08, 18:25
Aslo I would like to point out that "Satanic Slut" is just a Stage name and Act and has nothing to do with her Private Life.

But you can read all about her private life in The sun, and see some nice pics too thrown in for good measure! [lol]

Amy-Winehouse
31-Oct-08, 18:27

Maybe it is her stage name but how do you know that she isnt a slut? Do you Know her personally?
Just made me chuckle when I saw your post, maybe your right & she isnt a rip but I just wondered how you came to your conclusion out of interest?

Amy-Winehouse
31-Oct-08, 18:29
But you can read all about her private life in The sun, and see some nice pics too thrown in for good measure! [lol]

Hotrod, you dont read that toilet paper journalism do you?? If its not true-make it up, the Sun motto:eek:

hotrod4
31-Oct-08, 18:33
Hotrod, you dont read that toilet paper journalism do you?? If its not true-make it up, the Sun motto:eek:

To be balanced I read The sun, The Daily Record and I read some of the broadsheets online but not regularly.

I only believe what I read on the org ;)

Amy-Winehouse
31-Oct-08, 18:42
To be balanced I read The sun, The Daily Record and I read some of the broadsheets online but not regularly.

I only believe what I read on the org ;)

Which Broadsheet? Please dont tell me its the Times or the Gerald? Thats not balanced reporting Hotrod, its Jackanory-ism but Im sure you know what I mean ;)

hotrod4
31-Oct-08, 18:51
Which Broadsheet? Please dont tell me its the Times or the Gerald? Thats not balanced reporting Hotrod, its Jackanory-ism but Im sure you know what I mean ;)

The groat is a broadsheet isnt it?
Well its big enough [lol]

TBH
31-Oct-08, 19:09
And his grand daughter is as pure as the driven snow?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1877990.ece
Oh look what have we here the "angelic" grand daughter in all her glory!.
They went too far with their joke but it looks like the wannabe page 3 "model" is going to get her 15 minutes of fame.
yesterday she was telling all and sundry about her bedroom secrets and now shes getting saucy pics done.

Now I thought Andrew sachs was hurt because of the things said about his grand daughter, he felt ashamed. And then she goes and does this. What is worse someone having a joke at her expense or is it more shameful discussing her sex life (in more detail than Brand) for all the public to see and then getting saucy pics done.

If she was that bothered about ther grand father then surely she wouldnt have done this?

Looks like Brand and Ross have given her a leg up the celebrity ladder.The fact of the matter is that Brand and Ross did something that would get an ordinary member of the public arrested, have no doubt about that. You are trying to justify what they did by using her choice of career against her, like she deserved it somehow or it was the least she could expect when in fact she can choose to be a page three model or a porn star if she so wishes but that will never give anyone the right to do what Ross and Brand did.

hotrod4
31-Oct-08, 19:19
The fact of the matter is that Brand and Ross did something that would get an ordinary member of the public arrested, have no doubt about that. You are trying to justify what they did by using her choice of career against her, like she deserved it somehow or it was the least she could expect when in fact she can choose to be a page three model or a porn star if she so wishes but that will never give anyone the right to do what Ross and Brand did.
Thats not the case. My point is the fact that this little lamb was hurt by the suggestion that she did the deed with Russel Brand (SHE DID).
And then less than 48hrs later she is in The sun talking all about bedding him!, (But its wrong when its the other way about?)

She seems a case of poor me,poor me,poor me a drink!!!!

TBH
31-Oct-08, 19:50
Thats not the case. My point is the fact that this little lamb was hurt by the suggestion that she did the deed with Russel Brand (SHE DID).
And then less than 48hrs later she is in The sun talking all about bedding him!, (But its wrong when its the other way about?)

She seems a case of poor me,poor me,poor me a drink!!!!What you seem to be failing to grasp is that what they did was illegal.
If you tried it you would be charged by the police no matter how much you tried to use the victims lifestyle against them. "Well M'Laud, she deserved it cos she's a wannabe page three model and in a risqué dance troupe", wont get you off in a court of law. She didn't want or ask for her Grandfather to be verbally abused in this way but it looks like Ross and Brand are exempt from criminal prosecution as long as they say it was a joke.

golach
31-Oct-08, 20:56

She seems a case of poor me,poor me,poor me a drink!!!!
An you believe all you read in the SUN?????.......Oh well enough said[lol]

JAWS
01-Nov-08, 08:33
You are absolutely right TBH. The part which was broadcast was a censured version with the worst parts cut out. The parts which were broadcast were the bits which the BBC considered fit for broadcast.

The fact that if a couple of public figures not involved with broadcasting had behaved in that way the BBC would have been one of the first organisations screaming for their heads shows just how two-faced they are. Certainly nobody, especially in the media, would have been rushing to defend such behaviour by anybody else in public life.

I would bet that most of those defending the actions of Ross and Brand would be furious if they received a message like that on their answering machine and more so if they thought it had been circulated round most of their relatives and people they knew or worse still if that were done to their parents.

Ricco
01-Nov-08, 08:51
I must say that I agree with Golach, TBH and Jaws. We condone too much of this toilet humour and I am glad to see that justice has prevailed to some extent. I think heads should also have rolled in the BBC team that allowed such tripe through. These people are not comedians - they rely on shock rather than coming out with something that is funny. If Wossie has any sense of morality (but I doubt it!) he will do the honorable thing and resign anyway.

luke83
01-Nov-08, 09:27
I'm gonna be the pariah of this thread but I think this whole thing is a pile of nonsense. Before the "Mail on Sunday" ran their story there had been 2 complaints to the BBC about the show, then all the "outraged" readers began complaining and its suddenly at 27,000 complaints. I would be extremely interested to find out how many of them have ever listened to Brand's show before or even this particular episode come to think of it! I'm not condoning what they did at all and do agree that they should apologise to Mr Sachs, which they have done & he has accepted their apologies, but as far as I can tell there haven't been any untrue statements made by either of them about the Grand-daughter. As a previous poster said she has been quick to grab her 15 minutes of "fame" and lose (in my opinion) any moral highground she had as a consequence.
As a regular listener to his show I know that it can be very edgy and close to the bone at times but that's what modern comedy is in most cases, and to use an old cliche, you the listener have an off switch that you can use at your discretion.
Rant over!

Bad Manners
01-Nov-08, 09:58
I must say that I agree with Golach, TBH and Jaws. We condone too much of this toilet humour and I am glad to see that justice has prevailed to some extent. I think heads should also have rolled in the BBC team that allowed such tripe through. These people are not comedians - they rely on shock rather than coming out with something that is funny. If Wossie has any sense of morality (but I doubt it!) he will do the honorable thing and resign anyway.

I have to agree For all I dislike Russel Brand when this matter came to a head he did the honorable thing and resigned from the BBC he still has his other work. ross on the other hand was made to apologise and was suspended. He should IMO have resigned from the BBC.
Trouble is there has been a long standing acceptance for alternative comedy which is not funny it it makes fun of people at their expence.
What the pair did was illegal and if I had undertaken this I would no doubt be charged.
I think a twelve week suspension without pay is not enough at the very least it should have been a year.or to be fair dismissed from the BBC

MadPict
01-Nov-08, 11:02
I read if Ross was sacked or forced to resign it is felt without doubt he would take the BBC to court to get the remaining balance of his £18 million pounds (~£9 million). The court case would cost the BBC ~£1 million so there is the chance Ross would walk away with ~£10 million.

The BBC cannot afford such a loss (but they can afford to pay him £6 million a year!!!) and from the article, because the BBC actually checked the show prior to transmission and OKed it, then any attempts to dismiss him for breaching his contract would probably fail.

luke83,
I have listened to some of Brand's shows and have occasionally seen his TV output - I certainly would have complained as a Licence Payer at the situation that had been allowed to develop at the BBC.
The flood of complaints after the event is due to the small number of listeners who actually tune into Brand. Once the facts of what happened reached a wider 'audience' the outrage began, partly based on the actions of Brand/Ross, partly on the lack of action by the BBC and no doubt a feeling of disgust that the BBC is wasting tax payers money in such a way.

golach
01-Nov-08, 11:45
I'm gonna be the pariah of this thread but I think this whole thing is a pile of nonsense. Before the "Mail on Sunday" ran their story there had been 2 complaints to the BBC about the show, then all the "outraged" readers began complaining and its suddenly at 27,000 complaints. I would be extremely interested to find out how many of them have ever listened to Brand's show before or even this particular episode come to think of it! I'm not condoning what they did at all and do agree that they should apologise to Mr Sachs, which they have done & he has accepted their apologies, but as far as I can tell there haven't been any untrue statements made by either of them about the Grand-daughter. As a previous poster said she has been quick to grab her 15 minutes of "fame" and lose (in my opinion) any moral highground she had as a consequence.
As a regular listener to his show I know that it can be very edgy and close to the bone at times but that's what modern comedy is in most cases, and to use an old cliche, you the listener have an off switch that you can use at your discretion.
Rant over!
Nobody give two hoots about Andrew Sachs Granddaughter or her life style, that is not the issue. The issue was /is these two highly paid pratts making obscene phone calls to a 78 year old man and laughing about it on air, but I must say the editorial staff on BBC 2 leave a lot to be desired.

hotrod4
01-Nov-08, 11:48
It was funny, made me laugh end of story! [lol]
Que?

changilass
01-Nov-08, 12:32
When this initially happened there were only 2 complaints.

Whilst I agree that the pair went too far on this occasion, I think that they should have been dealt with internally, as should the producer who let a pre recorded gaffe like this get through to air.

Should the media in general - but the newspaper who broke the story on behalf of the grandaughter, not take some of the blame for the story getting such a wide audience. I knew nothing about it till it hit the headlines and didn't need to know.

Andrew Sachs should have gotten an immediate appology from all involved and I hope his grandaughter is also now appologising to both him and her parents.

Welcomefamily
01-Nov-08, 13:12
Ross should resign or be sack, he has brought the BBC into disre-pute after all.

Good one for a government petition.

Amy-Winehouse
01-Nov-08, 13:20
Text just sent to me:

Dear Jonathon Ross,
Ive just had sex with your daughter, Who`s laughing now?.................Lots of Love.

Gary Glitter xxx

Could you imagine it?:lol:

hotrod4
01-Nov-08, 15:24
Text just sent to me:

Dear Jonathon Ross,
Ive just had sex with your daughter, Who`s laughing now?.................Lots of Love.

Gary Glitter xxx

Could you imagine it?:lol:

Funnily enough I got that one as well, wonder if its from the same person? ;)

hotrod4
01-Nov-08, 15:32
When this initially happened there were only 2 complaints.

Whilst I agree that the pair went too far on this occasion, I think that they should have been dealt with internally, as should the producer who let a pre recorded gaffe like this get through to air.

Should the media in general - but the newspaper who broke the story on behalf of the grandaughter, not take some of the blame for the story getting such a wide audience. I knew nothing about it till it hit the headlines and didn't need to know.

Andrew Sachs should have gotten an immediate appology from all involved and I hope his grandaughter is also now appologising to both him and her parents.

I agree completely its more of a media story than anything else.
He should have gotten an immediate apology and all would be forgotten. It would at least have got all those that have adopted the moral high ground down from their pedastool!!! ;)

TBH
01-Nov-08, 15:39
It was in the media so I guess it was a media story. What they did was illegal, they should have been charged by the police and dealt with through the court just like any other member of the public.

hotrod4
01-Nov-08, 16:02
It was in the media so I guess it was a media story. What they did was illegal, they should have been charged by the police and dealt with through the court just like any other member of the public.

Is Illegal your word of the day tbh?
Your last post mentioned how it was"illegal".

keeping a dog without a licence was techinically illegal until 1987 but how many got prosecuted for that?

It was funny but manuel deserved an apology the same as the Spanish nation deserve an apology for his portrail of a spaniard! ;)

Kevin Milkins
01-Nov-08, 16:03

I had this conversation on the phone this morning with a friend of mine that has been with the West Midlands Police for over thirty years..

He used to work in the department that dealt with malicious phone calls and they don't get much worse than this.

He can not understand how the police have not been involved in what is considered to be quite a serious crime.

As I said in a previous post, it seems that some people can be seen as above the law just because of there celebritity status.

golach
01-Nov-08, 16:11
keeping a dog without a licence is techinically illegal but how many get prosecuted for that?

I think you will find that Dog Licences in the UK were abolished in 1987 [lol]

hotrod4
01-Nov-08, 16:13
[QUOTE=golach;452807]I think you will find that Dog Licences in the UK were abolished in 1987 [lol][/QUOTE

Maybe so but I am stuck in 1986 so it doesnt apply to me!!! ;)

(you will notice that I have edited my post!, thanks for the heads up Golach ;)0

TBH
01-Nov-08, 16:44
Is Illegal your word of the day tbh?
Your last post mentioned how it was"illegal".

keeping a dog without a licence was techinically illegal until 1987 but how many got prosecuted for that?

It was funny but manuel deserved an apology the same as the Spanish nation deserve an apology for his portrail of a spaniard! ;)Maybe if I keep repeating the fact that what they did is illegal then the concept will manage to somehow squeeze itself into you brain. On repeating things, how many times did you infer that Sachs' Grandaughter should stop complaining because she is in a risqué dance troupe so more or less got what she deserved.

Bad Manners
01-Nov-08, 18:15
It apears the I'm a celebrity get me out of here is about to start again If we think hard we might be able to come up with two available celebs who have nothing to do for a while.
Maybe if we asked them they might lose them in the jungle

hotrod4
01-Nov-08, 18:15
Maybe if I keep repeating the fact that what they did is illegal then the concept will manage to somehow squeeze itself into you brain. On repeating things, how many times did you infer that Sachs' Grandaughter should stop complaining because she is in a risqué dance troupe so more or less got what she deserved.

Sorry for being correct, in future I will not be so correct! ;)
Brand resigned and apologised, Ross apologised and got suspended, end of story.
They have been punished it is only numpties with nothing better to do that are still shouting for more punishment and keeping this in the news and on Forums.

Manuels Grandaughter is in a risque dance troupe and goes by the name of Voluptoa and next week she will get "them" out for the sun no doubt!(now that SHOULD be Illegal) [lol]

TBH
01-Nov-08, 18:49
Sorry for being correct, in future I will not be so correct! ;)
Keep deluding yourself Hotrod, if it's gets you through life.[lol]

Brand resigned and apologised, Ross apologised and got suspended, end of story.
They have been punished it is only numpties with nothing better to do that are still shouting for more punishment and keeping this in the news and on Forums.They should both be charged by the police and probably would have been if it wasn't for numpties in the newspapers and internet forums with nothing better to do than try and justify obcene messages left on an old man's answering machine which just goes to show how warped in the mind some people are.

Manuels Grandaughter is in a risque dance troupe and goes by the name of Voluptoa and next week she will get "them" out for the sun no doubt!(now that SHOULD be Illegal) [lol] Good for her, Hotrod.

Gizmo
01-Nov-08, 19:14
They should both be charged by the police

No, it's the person who made the decision to broadcast it againt the wishes of Andrew Sachs that should be prosecuted.

TBH
01-Nov-08, 19:23
I had this conversation on the phone this morning with a friend of mine that has been with the West Midlands Police for over thirty years..

He used to work in the department that dealt with malicious phone calls and they don't get much worse than this.

He can not understand how the police have not been involved in what is considered to be quite a serious crime.

As I said in a previous post, it seems that some people can be seen as above the law just because of there celebritity status.You friend would have a great understanding of these matters and I agree, it's pretty ridiculous how they can get away with something as serious as this and the only reason seems to be their status as tv personalities.

TBH
01-Nov-08, 19:34
No, it's the person who made the decision to broadcast it againt the wishes of Andrew Sachs that should be prosecuted.Maybe they should be but the phone-call was made by Brand and Ross, nobody else.

hotrod4
01-Nov-08, 19:39
The prank wasnt as funny as "you kicked my dog" phone prank or the one where a telesales calls a house and the guy pretends he's a cop and winds the sales guy up by saying he's called a crime scene!. Sheer class. Thats not as funny as You kicked my dog or chickety china the chinese chicken! but good none the less;)

luke83
03-Nov-08, 18:27
To correct an earlier point, Russell Brand's show has a "regular audience of about 400,000 listeners".

Also, "Andrew Sachs tells the BBC the show's producer called him on the day of recording to ask if he could use the sequence in question."

Both of these quotes are taken from the BBC's website.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7694989.stm